+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech soccer coach

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Tech soccer coach

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_dawg9 View Post
    Why would he want to leave Northwestern? They have better facilities (their own soccer field) and he's won conference titles and taken them to the NCAA tourney three times.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

I doubt if we are paying our soccer coach in real cash....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I doubt if we are paying our soccer coach in real cash....
    Yeah...I was kind of joking. But, I would imagine that we could give him/her a raise from whatever he/she is getting at NSU.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

There is more money, a new field, and all sorts of things planned for the program. Just have to get a coach first.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    There is more money, a new field, and all sorts of things planned for the program. Just have to get a coach first.
    Those promises were given to Jen and Rich along with their own locker rooms when they took the job three years ago when the program started and still none of those things were given to the soccer program. What's to say that the same thing will happen, or should I say won't happen this time around?

And they already had a coach lined up in Rich but the administration was too incompetent to notice.

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

The guy from Northwestern is a much better coach. And, they do need to upgrade the facilities if they want to get anyone good.

Puppy DawgGone is on the way down

First Post always read these but never responded. My sources tell me the Coach at Northwestern turned the job down because of the facilities. I am a tech fan that wants to be good in everything. Seems like Northwestern must have something going in its favor if it can keep coaches over us. Maybe it's the A.D. that they trust and want to stay and work for.

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

I am sure once he saw the facilities at Tech,he founf himself with a new recruiting weapon against us.Don't go to Tech they don't have a field and the one designated for them to use,they get kicked off of it.

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Northwestern has better soccer facilities. Heck, Northwestern has soccer facilites period. Why would you want to leave that to come and coach at Tech?

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Since you talk to Rich on a weekly basis,was there any indication to him that there was money for a new field and these other things you say the soccer program will get?

For whatever it is worth, Tech doesn't care about women's soccer, or any other woman's sports except basketball. I am not saying that is bad, or that is good. That is just where they are going to place their emphasis. Not in soccer. So, they really don't care if they get a good coach or not. It is not a priority. Again, I am not saying that is bad or good. So, don't get your hopes up to have a good soccer program.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMR00 View Post
    Who are all these people? People they are interviewing?????? People you think would be good for the job? or what?

people that would be good.

we would have to pay them and improve things, but there are good coaches out there.

Puppy DawgGone is on the way down

There is good coaches out there but none of the ones listed here will want the job. They have already had jobs like this or they are making to much money for us to pay them. Northwestern States coach was the best we could have done in state, we can go elsewhere and get a Div. II head Coach or an assistant Southland are Sunbelt Coach. I have asked club coaches in Texas who they felt was the best coach out there and several of them told me Northwestern States Coach. I would think they would know because the get the reports from their kids. I have a young soccer player but unfortunately he want be a Bulldog unless he kicks football one day. Get off the fence and decide to support all things Tech and put money into every program. Let's be the best in the WAC all around, not just football and women's basketball. Question? Why could we not get Northwesterns coach, are we not better than that? I hope this is not an indication of what Tech really feels about the "other sports". I got a pamplet in the mail telling me what all the vision was to take Tech to the next level. Dont we have a chance to do it in soccer now with this hiring.

Go Tech

+ Reply to Thread