+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacman Jones Suspended for One Year

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Pacman Jones Suspended for One Year

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6665234?MSNHPHMA

I think this is a good move by Roger Goodell, and it will certainly make players think before they act like thugs off the field.

I am curious to see a few things:

1. How will the players association respond to this; will they appeal saying this is too harsh?
    2. Will the Titans cut Jones?
    3. Will he be in jail by the time this suspension is over?
    4. What will he do with himself during his year off? That will say a lot about his true character.

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

Re: Pacman Jones Suspended for One Year

Looks like you and I posted at the same time. I agree with you. I think this is a very good move by the commish. Put a lid on this stuff before it tarnishes the sport for good.

PS - Mods, feel free to delete my thread.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Dallasbb,

I just noticed your thread also. What do you think the Titans will do with Jones? Since they don't have to pay him they might not cut him, but they were talking about cutting him before Goodell made this ruling.

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

I think they might cut him but they're going to let the smoke clear after the PA files its appeals. They've been fairly active in the offseason shopping for a CB which they snagged from Indy. I think the writing was on the wall then. Cut ties with this guy because trouble always seems to follow him.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

This is very interesting. Glad to see somebody get the punishment they deserve. I truly hope he works hit butt off during the year to get in better shape and does some community activity and gets away from all his "friends" influence. I hate to see talent wasted and this guy has some talent.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Good for the NFL. Maybe the NBA will follow suit one day.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

True - seems like the NBA only suspends people for on-court issues (Artest brawl, 'Melo punch, etc.) and does nothing about off-court issues.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Good for the NFL. Maybe the NBA will follow suit one day.
    Who would be left to play in the NBA?!?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Puppy KornDawg has turned a few heads around hereKornDawg has turned a few heads around here KornDawg's Avatar

Good now the NBA. They have tons of off court problems!

Puppy KornDawg has turned a few heads around hereKornDawg has turned a few heads around here KornDawg's Avatar

Who thinks a year is a little to harsh?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I've heard in vivid (sickening) detail what he did that night in the strip club (and every other week in the strip club, for that matter).

He deserves it. He deserves to be out of the league, actually. What a jackass.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

I do not think a year is too harsh. I don't know if everyone is aware of this, but each NFL team is required to notify the league office when a player has a run-in with the law. The media in Tennessee broke a story a few weeks ago that Pacman had 2 incidents in ATL in the last 12 months in which the Titans claim they were not aware. The NFL was threatening to severely punish the Titans. I think the bloom is off the rose, and the Titans are realizing this guy isn't worth the possible league punishment that he may bring upon the franchise. He better not jaywalk, and he better hang on to his "visual effect" money.

A year is not too harsh. Here is a brief recap of what happened with Pacman during NBA All-Star weekend here in Las Vegas.

He went with his "entourage" to a strip club called Minxx with about $100,000 on him in cash. First of all, who carries that kind of cash on them???

At one point, he had several strippers in front of him, and he threw $85,000 on the stage and was throwing the money up in the air and "showering" the girls with money. Well, the strippers (since they work for tips, you know) picked up the money and left the stage after a while. Pacman (obviously feeling pretty stupid at this point) started an argument with the manager saying he wanted his money back. The manager told him no and Pacman and his buddies started causing a big scene. The manager then called security and threw them out.

Once they got outside, Pacman wouldn't stop complaining and one of his thug friends started shooting. He hit two people; one was treated and released, the other is now paralyzed from the waist down. Everyone who was there, including the manager and the security guard who is now paralyzed, agree that Pacman did not pull the trigger, but he did start the whole problem.

The guy who was paralyzed was in the hospital for several weeks and almost died from his injuries. He knows a lot of people and is pretty well liked. There have been several fund raisers for him to defer some of his medical costs as well as costs going forward.

A security guard just doing his job making $14 per hour and now he will never walk again. Pacman has exactly zero friends out here.

NBA weekend out here attracted a lot of thugs. I have heard some players complaining about not feeling safe about next years game being in New Orleans. Being a native Louisianian, and having seen what happened out here that weekend, I would rather not have the NBA in New Orleans.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KornDawg View Post
    Who thinks a year is a little to harsh?
    If Pacman thinks a year is too harsh, he can go back to his former career of popping pills in a dark room while running away from ghosts. The employer gets to govern the employees. I'm sure he'd make a great waiter, accountant, or car salesman.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    A year is not too harsh. Here is a brief recap of what happened with Pacman during NBA All-Star weekend here in Las Vegas.

He went with his "entourage" to a strip club called Minxx with about $100,000 on him in cash. First of all, who carries that kind of cash on them???

At one point, he had several strippers in front of him, and he threw $85,000 on the stage and was throwing the money up in the air and "showering" the girls with money. Well, the strippers (since they work for tips, you know) picked up the money and left the stage after a while.
    They call that "making it rain".....there's actually a rap song about makin it rain.

+ Reply to Thread