+ Reply to Thread

Thread: latechsports.com

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

latechsports.com

I see where ULL just got a new athletics website: www.ragincajuns.com

Looks a lot like LSU's website. I remember folks saying that latechsports.com was about to go through a total renovation. Will it look something like LSU and ULL's site. They are both nice and very easy to navigate.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Re: latechsports.com

It is supposedly the same company. So it would look similar and with similar features. In order to use thsi site to the fullest, the Athletic department needs a full-time IT person/Webmaster to keep it up. Actualy probably should be a full-time IT person and another full-time webmaster, but let's be realistic.

JFord

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    It is supposedly the same company. So it would look similar and with similar features. In order to use thsi site to the fullest, the Athletic department needs a full-time IT person/Webmaster to keep it up. Actualy probably should be a full-time IT person and another full-time webmaster, but let's be realistic.

JFord

how about jford for full time IT guy!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    how about jford for full time IT guy!
    Depending on the salary, where do I sign?

For those curious, the project some of you would like to see of having wireless at all sports complexes at Tech would fall under an IT person's realm of responsibility.

JFord

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I see where ULL just got a new athletics website: www.ragincajuns.com

Looks a lot like LSU's website. I remember folks saying that latechsports.com was about to go through a total renovation. Will it look something like LSU and ULL's site. They are both nice and very easy to navigate.
    It's hard to say that it will "look" like the other sites. The key to those sites is functionality and networking. As far as how they are arranged, etc... that's totally up to the athletic department. The company XOS does a huge number of athletic web sites. They have been the eventual solution for latechsports.com for a very long time. Part of the reasoning is that their websites are very customizable based on customer preferences.

The biggest issue for me is better updated live stats, audio feeds, etc. Stories and stats are the most basic requirements. However, the stories need to have better formatting and images that the people who are currently entering the information (read sports guys with no IT training) can create. The new features should include networking with other sports web providers like Cox sports for timely information like states/audio/maybe even video that aren't only more available, but also better presented. A better web shop, integrated advertising, etc... Those are the sorts of things that not just the fan, but the athletic department can really benefit from.

I think that we will be very good opportunity. However, as jford mentioned, there probably won't be any technical people assigned to the project in house. On the good side, it is my understanding that XOS excels with that environment. I really hope XOS will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I think that we will be very good opportunity. However, as jford mentioned, there probably won't be any technical people assigned to the project in house. On the good side, it is my understanding that XOS excels with that environment. I really hope XOS will do well.
    I know of one person who has been in the negotiations of this and works for Tech in IT. However, once implemented he is too busy to fool with this baby.

JFord

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ummm...any news on our fabled new website?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

I think the ULL site is too busy, but it is an improvement over our official site. It really is a worthy endeavor to invest in a first-class website where alums and fans can get up-to-date and relevant information about the athletic department and its programs. latechsports.com is one of the only places on the web people can get information on our games, schedules, stats, etc. It needs to make a good first impression.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Ummm...any news on our fabled new website?
    It's getting done. Last I heard there were some issues that were holding up the project, but there is movement.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cic View Post
    I think the ULL site is too busy, but it is an improvement over our official site. It really is a worthy endeavor to invest in a first-class website where alums and fans can get up-to-date and relevant information about the athletic department and its programs. latechsports.com is one of the only places on the web people can get information on our games, schedules, stats, etc. It needs to make a good first impression.
    i agree. ULL's site is an eye sore. WAY too much going on. It's just too much to process visually. There is little to no hierarchy of information.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtrooper View Post
    i agree. ULL's site is an eye sore. WAY too much going on. It's just too much to process visually. There is little to no hierarchy of information.
    based on the site it looks like they should change their name to the Flaming Jalapeņos.

+ Reply to Thread