+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nation of laws my arse......

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: A nation of laws my arse......

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    why is that, specifically?
    Because...while shooting heroin may be a "victimless" crime, there are a series of crimes that could very well have victims that allow the victimless crime to occur.

And, if you want to take this down a regulation road, good luck. You regulate Scarface.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    May I suggest......
    That the complexity of any issue is rountinely escalated by bias...... But seldom by common sense.

All my best to you and yours......
    Good night.
    Bias is part of the human condition...so, even if it is the only source of complexity, it does not invalidate the complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    All my best to you and yours......
    Good night.
    Right back at ya...:icon_wink:

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Because...while shooting heroin may be a "victimless" crime, there are a series of crimes that could very well have victims that allow the victimless crime to occur.

And, if you want to take this down a regulation road, good luck. You regulate Scarface.
    So alcohol should be illegal too, then? Capone was about like Scarface and the repealing of prohibition stopped the criminal rings operating on alcohol sales in their tracks.

The "war on drugs" costs so much money but highly taxed drugs would bring in a ton of revenue and take away power from the criminals. Lets say we spend 5 dollars on drug enforcement and the tax revenues would be 5 dollars, then we'd end up 10 dollars richer from that double effect.

We'd have to weigh the financial advantages with the social impact. I don't have numbers but we spend a TON of money on drug enforcement and make a ton of money on ciggie and booze taxes. How much good could that money be spent on?

I imagine a social structure of companies requiring employees to take drug tests before and during a job tenure to keep them in line. Keep in place educational programs like DARE, etc. I wouldn't take harmful/addictive drugs because I'm not stupid but I don't think the gov should control personal decisions. I would imagine serious laws to punish dui offenders and the like, which are already in place for alcohol.

Spinoza brings up a very good point of punishing the populace because of something they "might" do. I'd definately keep my kids in line even if drugs were legal.

Another topic:

Polygamy is not wrong and shouldn't be illegal. It harms nobody. People still practice this but are only legally married to one person at a time.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Also, government laws should not dabble in marriage affairs at all. You should be able to designate beneficiarys legally without having to state any such marital arrangement.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Are you truly in favor of making meth, coke, and heroin legal? I agree with making Marijuana and other "non-addictive" drugs legal, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Otherwise we would have a quarter of the population tweaked out and worthless.
    I think we need to take a closer look at Holland and how they have been able to keep the violent crimes to a minimum while allowing possession and the use of most any drug. If there is a problem many of the addicts are provided treatment rather than incarcerating these non-violent users. About the only crime you have to worry about in Amsterdam is someone stealing your bicycle.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post

Another topic:

Polygamy is not wrong and shouldn't be illegal. It harms nobody. People still practice this but are only legally married to one person at a time.
    Agreed. And you are certifiably crazy if you want to be married to more than one person.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Agreed. And you are certifiably crazy if you want to be married to more than one person.

I love my wife dearly, but I don't want more than one of her...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I love my wife dearly, but I don't want more than one of her...
    Wasn't there a 1st Star Trek episode where a real clown was left on a planet with his wife and 10,000 of her clones?

+ Reply to Thread