+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Imus/Rutgers

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Imus/Rutgers

And by the way, I have listened to people like Johnny Lightning express his views against homosexuality and although I have disagreed with him, he has always found a respectful way to express his views without being demeaning to anyone. If more people would try that approach less people would get their toes stepped on. We can always disagree without stepping on peoples feelings and calling each other names.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Wow, someone's a little sensitive a, yes, liberals ARE the ones going around and thowing "hissy fits". Like I said, let's try and keep up with current events.
    And clearly you didnt keep up with the billions wasted on impeachment hearings over a blow job. Seems even more rediculous with the countless scandals under the Bush administration. I think that was the ultimate hissy fit.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I think the market took care of Imus in this case. It is obvious that it is not okay for a white man to say the things that he did, nobody wanted to be associated with him and sponsors pulled out, and he was canned because his show cannot make money now. Even as a shock jock, it was unacceptable.

It is acceptable in our country for a black man to use even more offensive language through rap lyrics in a serious tone because major record labels will back him and people will buy the albums.

It is okay for Rosie to blow on Christians because most people dont care if you blow on Christians. Christians are perceived majority in this country, so nobody feels an injustice Not to mention, I think Rosie is trying to get canned anyway, so she keeps getting bolder and bolder.

Are all the above things right? That is for you to decide, but it is the way it is.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Just because liberals are more sensative to people getting called names that are hurtful does not necessarily catorgorize them as being in the wrong. Conservatives go around calling people hos faggots and yes banning and forcing radio stations to ban a group for a tongue in cheek statement against the war and the man who started it. There was even a congressional hearing against the broadcast groups that wanted to enforce McCarthiesm. And Champion when these Republicans start this crap stand up in whatever section they put it in because I am so sick of these big mouths.
    Their time is over. They had a chance and they have fd this country up beyond even repair. Its time to get these big mouths what they deserve. Never be silent again and this catastrophy will never happen again. They are not faggots and Ho's they are gays and women and just because black rappers have made it ok to demean them in lyrics does not give intellegent people the right to follow suit. The old boys club is over.
    And by the way, I have listened to people like Johnny Lightning express his views against homosexuality and although I have disagreed with him, he has always found a respectful way to express his views without being demeaning to anyone. If more people would try that approach less people would get their toes stepped on. We can always disagree without stepping on peoples feelings and calling each other names.
    Maybe you should follow your own advice. Everything you post is done so in a confrontational tone. I think you go in looking for a fight and looking to take offense at things people say.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

blah blah blah. Boy you right wingers sure know how to reach don't you. She was making a refernce to Christians ability to suppress freedoms in this country which is dead on accurate but is not calling people names like faggot or ho. I think and you know when the line should be drawn. Don't make yourself look small minded here. And if you don't here is a lesson. It's ok to dislike or disagree with homosexuality. It is not ok to get on TV and say "I hate faggots or Edwards is a faggot". Get the difference. I sure hope so. If not here is another. Rutgers plays a physical game. Good. Rutgers women are some nappy headed ho's/ NOt good. Blame Rosie for god's sake. Get off it.

Not even worth addressing.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just because liberals are more sensative to people getting called names that are hurtful does not necessarily catorgorize them as being in the wrong. Conservatives go around calling people hos and faggots and yes banning and forcing radio stations to ban a group for a tongue in cheek statement against the war and the man who started it. .
    Sorry, but that is the liberal/DEM rap guys, comedians and Hollywood movie actors and script writters that use thoise words all over the airwaves, cable TV and other media outlets daily. Oh, and they use the N word as well. It's the LIBERAL/DEMS that abuse those terms daily B66. A well known conservative might get caught a few times a year. Your Liberal/Dem buddies are teaching this generation to use these terms in everyday language through music, TV and movies and books. YOU LIBERALS are responsible! Period!

You need to get a grip on reality. Not us.

and if there was nothing to confront you wouldnt hear that tone. How many times do we stay silent while everything bad that happens on here is the fault of the liberals. Well some of us are tired of it. Standing up against name calling is not liberal its just right.

and Tyler I agree with you about rap lyrics. Imus did not get those words from white people and by firing IMUS it's a missed opportunity for further discussion on his show to correct it. I for one didnt want him fired if he truly is sorry for misspeaking. Rap lyrics are violent toward cops women gays, you name it. What makes you think that it is only democrats that are funding the money for these albums. most people in that tax bracket are republicans. Why does this all lie on your so called liberal dems. If as Vivian Stringer says the true problem is not black and white but GREEN, than I think its a fair assumption that wealthy Republicans must have just as much to do with it since that is mostly their tax bracket.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

and if there was nothing to confront you wouldnt hear that tone. How many times do we stay silent while everything bad that happens on here is the fault of the liberals. Well some of us are tired of it. Standing up against name calling is not liberal its just right.
    You can confront without being confrontational. The point I'm trying to make, which you're obviously too closed minded to see, is that you commend johnnylightnin for being civil in his disagreeing with others, but you are not civil in your disagreements. You say if there were nothing to confront, I wouldn't here that tone, yet johnny confronts when he disagrees and doesn't have that tone. There is nothing wrong at all in standing up against name calling, but the manner you do it isn't productive. Notice how Champ110 has so much green and is well respected by most people on here and hardly anyone shares many of his political opinions. That's because he disagrees without being disagreeable. You could learn from that.

And if you want to know how many times liberals stay silent, I would say never.

and Tyler I agree with you about rap lyrics. Imus did not get those words from white people and by firing IMUS it's a missed opportunity for further discussion on his show to correct it. I for one didnt want him fired if he truly is sorry for misspeaking. Rap lyrics are violent toward cops women gays, you name it. What makes you think that it is only democrats that are funding the money for these albums. most people in that tax bracket are republicans. Why does this all lie on your so called liberal dems. If as Vivian Stringer says the true problem is not black and white but GREEN, than I think its a fair assumption that wealthy Republicans must have just as much to do with it since that is mostly their tax bracket.
    You really have no clue, do you. On the political thread, someone posted a link that showed how much the federal congressional and executive people were worth. There were more Democrats, including the top 2, than Republicans in the top 10.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

And clearly you didnt keep up with the billions wasted on impeachment hearings over a blow job. Seems even more rediculous with the countless scandals under the Bush administration. I think that was the ultimate hissy fit.

If I am not mistaken, it was the lie - not the event. I know it is hard for you to distinguish truth so hopefully this will help.

Yes and I also have many friends who live in Greenwich Connecticutt who are very liberal thinking with social views but when it comes to which party is going to protect their money and give them tax breaks on their millions, it is the Republicans they vote for every time. All I am saying is that it is not so cut and dry my friend. There are alot of wealthy Republicans running some of the record conglomerates as well as Democrats. Everyone is out to protect their green no matter who's life or feelings they step on. You blame everything on immoral liberals when some of the most immoral money driven things have happened under this very administration. Just because some of us LIBERALS put up a fight for equal rights for ALL not just Christians, doesn't mean that liberals also stand for demeaning rap lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    If I am not mistaken, it was the lie - not the event. I know it is hard for you to distinguish truth so hopefully this will help.
    And what would the Bush administration know about the truth. Thats right lets ask Alberto Gonzales what he remembers. or better yet lets talk to the very people who were having affairs,ahem Newt, while trying to fry Clinton for the same thing.

Yes and I also have many friends who live in Greenwich Connecticutt who are very liberal thinking with social views but when it comes to which party is going to protect their money and give them tax breaks on their millions, it is the Republicans they vote for every time. All I am saying is that it is not so cut and dry my friend. There are alot of wealthy Republicans running some of the record conglomerates as well as Democrats. Everyone is out to protect their green no matter who's life or feelings they step on. You blame everything on immoral liberals when some of the most immoral money driven things have happened under this very administration. Just because some of us LIBERALS put up a fight for equal rights for ALL not just Christians, doesn't mean that liberals also stand for demeaning rap lyrics.

For the record, I don't blame everything on liberals and Democrats.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

And what would the Bush administration know about the truth. Thats right lets ask Alberto Gonzales what he remembers. or better yet lets talk to the very people who were having affairs,ahem Newt, while trying to fry Clinton for the same thing.
    I know it is confusing still, but you spoke about the money and why it was spent. I am simply trying to help you bash using the truth. Be ugly all you want, just please at least make it be the truth. It was never about the BJ, it was about the lies. I promise you, there is a difference for most people. It was not then and has never been about people having affairs. No one is saying that didn't happen on either side. I know this is a hard for you with all of that hatred in your heart. I would just let it go if I were you - it certainly doesn't hurt anyone except you.

+ Reply to Thread