+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard is done

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: Scoreboard is done

I am not even going to add to this thread other than

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    On a serious note -

I think we need to look at a manual scoreboard with a modern electronic CRAWL message board system -

It would be -

1) affordable
    2) practical
    3) UNIQUE

How about something like this? but without a middle video msg board. I like the rolling advertisment...you can have more sponsors put on the board.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

How about something like this? but without a middle video msg board. I like the rolling advertisment...you can have more sponsors put on the board.

I want the video screen. Why spend all the money for new improved scoreboard and then regret not having the video screen for 20 years. Video screen also means some camera equipment. With the move of more conferences having more games on web, you need to be prepared. Why do you think WAC can only pick limited parks to telecast games...you got it.:icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

The one presented to the Ath. Dept. was very simliar to this. The video board included does not jack up the price as much as you would think. It doesn't matter how much ad space it has, if I remember correctly, it was shot down because they did not want to take away football sponserships. Of course, with all of the success from our football program, who could disagree with that logic (sarcasm, of course).

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    The one presented to the Ath. Dept. was very simliar to this. The video board included does not jack up the price as much as you would think. It doesn't matter how much ad space it has, if I remember correctly, it was shot down because they did not want to take away football sponserships. Of course, with all of the success from our football program, who could disagree with that logic (sarcasm, of course).
    Joakes et al were more inept than I thought. How does selling advertisements at the baseball field take away from football? I thought ad space at a field was addresed to those at attendance at said field. The same company can't have adds at both fields?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    Joakes et al were more inept than I thought. How does selling advertisements at the baseball field take away from football? I thought ad space at a field was addresed to those at attendance at said field. The same company can't have adds at both fields?
    I heard the story a different way...eitherway, Oakes is a doofus.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

What's happened to the scoreboard? It was working Saturday but was not working Tuesday.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    Nothing like hosting a conference series with no scoreboard. No wonder we cant get a conference tourney to host in Ruston.

Well, actually...........we kinda had a chance to host last year. I'll leave it at that.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Reflex BLUE bikinis....

Or when its cold - one of those spandex body suits like the down-hillers wear....

:icon_wink:
    i almost reddot'd ya for the first post, but, the thought of reflex blue bikinis made me forget what i was gonna do with the reddot.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

And I'm talking a BIG BOARD - as big as ours is now or bigger - plenty of AD signage room...

Have the potential to MAKE money off of it - not just break even....
    Doesn't that mean we'll have to get sweaty, BIG GIRLS in reflex blue bikinis to turn the numbers? Doesn't that kind of ruin the whole thing ?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Scoreboard is done

DR said last December that the American Management Strategy Group would come up with the plan for athletic excellence in 4 to 6 months and that the implementation would then begin immediately:icon_wink: Are we there yet? Or do we have to wait until 2020 to actually see real progress?

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    DR said last December that the American Management Strategy Group would come up with the plan for athletic excellence in 4 to 6 months and that the implementation would then begin immediately:icon_wink: Are we there yet? Or do we have to wait until 2020 to actually see real progress?
    Tech 2020? We can't handle our problems in 2007. What is the over/under on days until baseball gets a scoreboard it needs? This is just more of the same old stuff. "More with less"

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I can bring index cards to the next home game... I could make a poster and keep it updated with double-sided tape.

That would be pretty tight actually...

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

You don't give JO enough credit. He has already replaced the scoreboard:

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Well, actually...........we kinda had a chance to host last year. I'll leave it at that.
    good point

+ Reply to Thread