+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concert in the TAC

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Concert in the TAC

Two of my favorite all time concerts were both at Rabb's.

1a. Sister Hazel
    1b. Charlie Daniels
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I was not impressed by the concert tonight, and I left early.

I realize that they are big in the rock world.

More tickets were sold for this concert than the last few, but it was not popular with Tech students.

But I really don't think those bands were the best choice for Tech.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

3 days rocks

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I missed the opening act, so I can't comment on them.

Puddle of Mudd was better than I thought they were gonna be. They put on a pretty decent show.

Three Days Grace pretty much kicked ass!! I was nervous about Tyler's voice live, but it was really close to what you hear on the radio. They are very entertaining. They mixed in a cover of Filter's "Hey man nice shot" into a song and it was smooth and really cool.

I was quite happy with the show, but could have done without the 12 year old goth kids all over the place and all the "420 weed" talk.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    could have done without the 12 year old goth kids all over the place and all the "420 weed" talk.
    Exactly.

She ****in Hates Me
    I Hate Everything About You
    Pain
    When Drugs Don't Work
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

Lots of messed up people and 12 year old dikes and 14 year olds duckin down to smoke weed.

One guy was thrown towards me from behind, and he almost broke my neck. That wasn't too fun.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

It's still better than Buttney Spears and some of the other pop songs that have come out the last several years.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE View Post
    More tickets were sold for this concert than the last few, but it was not popular with Tech students.
    How big was the crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    How big was the crowd?
    Guessing more that 4,000; less than 4,500.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are coming to New Orleans soon.
    if anyone truly digs music and hasn't bela fleck live...you need to do it. that band is tremendous. incidently, victor wooten is (bassist for the flecktones) is playing the HOB tomorrow night. so, if you dig the funk, he starts up at 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Guessing more that 4,000; less than 4,500.
    Nope. You have fallen victim to Tech's attendance reporting. I believe there were about 2500-2800 tickets sold. It was less than 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE View Post
    Nope. You have fallen victim to Tech's attendance reporting. I believe there were about 2500-2800 tickets sold. It was less than 3000.
    Humm. My thinking was the half the arena was closed off. The remaining seats were filled quite well... 75%ish.
    Finish that off with several hundred on the floor.

+ Reply to Thread