+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for LaTech to do the right thing…return the favor

Varsity Bulldog Hell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Hell Baby's Avatar

Time for LaTech to do the right thing…return the favor

Hello Dawg fans! I come in peace. Wanna play?

Puppy madeagle has turned a few heads around heremadeagle has turned a few heads around here

Re: Time for LaTech to do the right thing…return the favor

As a Southern Miss fan I'd love to see Grambling @ The Rock oneday, Instead of teams like UT Martin. I dont think it'd be asking a whole lot outta of La Tech to schedule you guys at home. Especially if all thats true about Coach Robinson making that game a reality for La Tech.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Football Re: Time for LaTech to do the right thing…return the favor

If we'll play a game vs Central Arkansas, then there's no reason not to play a game (not a series) vs Grambling. It would be very well attended by fans of both schools.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Baby View Post
    Hello Dawg fans! I come in peace. Wanna play?
    we've discussed it several times on here before. most of us would love to play grambling at least once or twice. if we are going to play 1aa schools, grambling definitely needs to be in the mix. southern miss sold out when they played jackson state. i think we could do the same for at least the first game with grambling.

Varsity Bulldog Hell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHell Baby Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Hell Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madeagle View Post
    As a Southern Miss fan I'd love to see Grambling @ The Rock oneday, Instead of teams like UT Martin. I dont think it'd be asking a whole lot outta of La Tech to schedule you guys at home. Especially if all thats true about Coach Robinson making that game a reality for La Tech.
    It would be a lot to ask. No way this game could be played in Ruston. It would have to be played in Shreveport.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Why would two schools in Lincoln Parish take their product and their dollars to Shreveport? Wouldn't be better to have it in Ruston and benefit locally?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I think it would be a great game and would love to see it. I don't think it will happen because of our AD. (He likes to sell our football team to the highest bidder)

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

It would be a lot to ask. No way this game could be played in Ruston. It would have to be played in Shreveport.
    i agree with Tech 29. you gotta play it in ruston. why drive 70 miles down the interstate when you could have it where both teams could practically walk to it. besides, 31000 at aillet would be loads better than 45000 at indy.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Do Tech students still have to attend some classes at Grambling? I know my son did when he was at Tech. This is the reason that Tech and Grambling should not play. These 2 schools are joined together by a desegregation order set down by some judge that doesn't care about either school. Tech and Grambling should not play each other as long as Tech students have to take courses at Grambling.
    The game could create a lot of animosity between the schools that could create problems for Tech students that have to take courses at Grambling. Tech and Grambling should remain sister schools because they are so close to each other in a rural area. That's why Coach Robinson wanted Tech to play Nebraska and not some other school.
    Last edited by DONW; 04-13-2007 at 11:52 PM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Do Tech students still have to attend some classes at Grambling? I know my son did when he was at Tech. This is the reason that Tech and Grambling should not play. These 2 schools are joined together by a desegregation order set down by some judge that doesn't care about either school. Tech and Grambling should not play each other as long as Tech students have to take courses at Grambling.
    The game could create a lot of animosity between the schools that could create problems for Tech students that have to take courses at Grambling. Tech and Grambling should remain sister schools because they are so close to each other in a rural area. That's why Coach Robinson wanted Tech to play Nebraska and not some other school.
    The only Tech students I have known who took classes at Grambling did so voluntarily to boost their GPA on some of their core classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    The only Tech students I have known who took classes at Grambling did so voluntarily to boost their GPA on some of their core classes.
    So what are you saying?

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    So why do the schools play against each other in baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    Why would two schools in Lincoln Parish take their product and their dollars to Shreveport? Wouldn't be better to have it in Ruston and benefit locally?
    Why would both of the schools want to limit the income potential that a game like this could generate?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

So what are you saying?
    he's saying that some of us tech students see it easier to pass some courses at gsu than it is for us to pass at tech - which has become a very true fact. some students take courses at tech several times and don't pass - then go to gsu as part of the joint deal gsu/tech has and pass it there. that by no means means it is a cake walk, most just raise their grade up a letter (from a "d" to a "c")... but that's enough to get the job done...

also, some take them at gsu because they can work with the teachers there better than they can the ones at tech... gsu has more "student-friendly" teachers than tech does. that's a bonus. the students i've known to take courses there have nothing but good things to say about the teachers there and give ALL credit to gsu for helping them pass their courses...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

oh, and there's not question we should play... though, i don't know about it being in shreveport. i see a lot of pros/cons at playing at either place...

would make for an awesome pregame/halftime show though because *hopefully* the marching tigers and the bop would do a complete joint thing for those... and as far as the 5th quarter-would be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread