+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred Thompson

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Fred Thompson

I think Fred Thompson appears to be the best republican candidate (even though he is not yet running) so far. It seems that he is serious in declaring a run for POTUS.

This article is a good read (I like that he is a proponent of federalism):

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...3/528aylls.asp

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Fred Thompson

I hope he runs! He'll have my vote from just this below

Thompson ran on a strong small-government--even antigovernment--message. "America's government is bringing America down, and the only thing that can change that is a return to the basics," he said. "We will get back to basics and make the sacrifices and once again amaze the world at how, in America, ordinary people can do very extraordinary things." Thompson emphasized issues that would appeal to disaffected voters--making laws apply to the members of Congress who pass them; congressional pay raises; entitlement reform.
    There are alot more things especially his response to the intellegence debate, his stance on abortion, and on. I've never read someones standpoints and agreed w/ more than 80% his I was nodding my head almost the entire article.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Fred will become my favorite if he runs. He has the electability of Rudy without the liberal baggage.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree. I have been hoping he would run for some time now.

I have a real hard time liking Rudy or McCain. I try to but something is missing to me.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

I wonder what his good ole friend John McCain thinks about him running...considering Fred served as his national campaign chairman in 2000...

I must admit, the dude has played in some cool movies...In the Line of Fire, Die Hard 2, Cape Fear, The Hunt for Red October...

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    I wonder what his good ole friend John McCain thinks about him running...considering Fred served as his national campaign chairman in 2000...

I must admit, the dude has played in some cool movies...In the Line of Fire, Die Hard 2, Cape Fear, The Hunt for Red October...
    In the article, Fred Thompson says that he called McCain prior to deciding to run and they agreed that they would remain friends during and after the campaign.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    In the article, Fred Thompson says that he called McCain prior to deciding to run and they agreed that they would remain friends during and after the campaign.
    I guess I should read the whole article next time huh?...got the answer nonetheless though...thanks

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

What happened to cause you guys to support extreme right-wingers?

I agree that the Republican Party must nominate a person who can read and write and is decent to win the presidency next election.

But agreeing with a guy on a bunch of non-issues doesn't mean the guy will win. You must run someone who is close to the center to win. This extreme stuff won't win for either party.

Who's extreme and why?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I went back and read the whole story and was beginning to like the guy a bit until he used the noun phrase "regime change" in talking about Iraq. Just what we need, another leader who wants to change the leadership of another foreign country! Whose children would Jesus slaughter to change a regime?

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post

I agree that the Republican Party must nominate a person who can read and write and is decent to win the presidency next election.

But agreeing with a guy on a bunch of non-issues doesn't mean the guy will win. You must run someone who is close to the center to win. This extreme stuff won't win for either party.
    Why is that, Aub? The dimmies frequently run candidates (Gore and Kerry) who are not the brightest lights in the room!!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Where is the center Aub?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I went back and read the whole story and was beginning to like the guy a bit until he used the noun phrase "regime change" in talking about Iraq. Just what we need, another leader who wants to change the leadership of another foreign country! Whose children would Jesus slaughter to change a regime?
    Whomever and whatever country HE wished. He is also part of the Godhead/Trinity remember. Remember, He was there, part of the Trinity, most involved when the demand for quite a bit of killing by Israel, in the Old Testament, was given to the nation of Israel to effect regime change of the godless nations that roamed the Promise land. Regime change indeed. However, the subject of Jesus slaughtering children was not being discussed by Fred Thompson. So never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Whomever and whatever country he wished. However, that subject was not being discussed.
    Amen Brotha.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Aub, you are full of crap. We have already seen that is not true. And the only reason people are considered "right-wingers" is because our world is so far away from how things should be. It all depends on who the other party puts up there. Last time it was a laugher - Kerry.

+ Reply to Thread