+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sac State Doubleheader

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Sac State Doubleheader

Hey guys, next time that we have a game and we're doing game updates, can we get them in sections at a time?? It's kinda hard to stick with 50 individual posts with each having a different at-bat in each. What I like to do is group them in half innings.

Example of all in one post:
    Patrick Thomas leads off with a single up the middle.
    Adam Cobb moves him over to 3rd with a basehit to RF.
    Drew Bunting (as usual) gets a double that scores 2.
    etc.

I think that it makes it MUCH easier to follow along with game threads. Others please give your opinion about this as well.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Hey guys, next time that we have a game and we're doing game updates, can we get them in sections at a time?? It's kinda hard to stick with 50 individual posts with each having a different at-bat in each. What I like to do is group them in half innings.

Example of all in one post:
    Patrick Thomas leads off with a single up the middle.
    Adam Cobb moves him over to 3rd with a basehit to RF.
    Drew Bunting (as usual) gets a double that scores 2.
    etc.

I think that it makes it MUCH easier to follow along with game threads. Others please give your opinion about this as well.
    Have to agree with those comments.

One way to do that is to EDIT posts. The edit function is not used nearly enough on this board. Post each play and then immediately hit edit to add another play to the same post. No reason for 7 or 8 posts when 1 would do.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post

One way to do that is to EDIT posts. The edit function is not used nearly enough on this board. Post each play and then immediately hit edit to add another play to the same post. No reason for 7 or 8 posts when 1 would do.
    That's what I do as well, but I couldn't figure out an easy way to explain it. Good job.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Sure thing, sorry bout that fellas. Guess i never really thought about it lol. And no, that is NOT my g/f that was doing the posting, nor was it me. My g/f's name is "nice doggy". oh, WAY TO GO DAWGS!!!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Baseball Re: Sac State Doubleheader

Most of us will agree that we don't need a post on every batter's results, but a little "color" is always nice! For example, the following pretty boring:
    Top 1st inning Tech 1 - Xxx 0
    Bottom 1st inning Tech 1 - Xxx 1
    Top 2nd inning Tech 6 - Xxx 1
    Clearly some good things happened at this point in the game for Tech (grand slam, homerun, triple, throwing error,...). Somebody post about it!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Should not have been put in??? Although he is struggling of late, he is still one of the best relievers in the WAC.
    Totally agree. Any shots at Alsup are totally uncalled for. I shudder to think what we'd have done without him the past two seasons. His arm has been a little sore lately because we had to use him so much early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post

sorry about too many posts. next time i will gladly use the edit function. although i have to say some type of update is better than none

+ Reply to Thread