+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Today is Jackie Robinson Day

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Re: Today is Jackie Robinson Day

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    He is still coaching. And even you knew about him so how is he not being celebrated.
    Apples & Oragnes.
    When he passes and there is no "overblown celebration" (that is only your opinion. In my opinion there was no overblown celebration of Coach Rob) then you can say "I told you so." But not until then.

Eddie Robinson- 408 wins, 9 Black National Championships
    Saban- 48 wins, 1 BcS National Championship
    Paul Dietzel- 46 wins, 1 (AP?) National Championship

Who stands out when you compare numbers? What did Saban do that hasn't been done before?
    (note: if you question the legitamacy of the Black National Championship how can you not question one that excludes some team from ever playing in it or those that are just given with no Championship game played at all.)

BCS may not include someone who deserves to be in its championship once every couple of years. The Black National Championship does not include the whole entire class of legitimate football programs in the country. Which is more unfair?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    Tell (without looking elsewhere, but off the top of your head) who won the black national championship. To compare it to the real deal is laughable. To say Saban is not near the coach as Rob is kind of funny too. Professor please tell me where Im offbase on the opinion business.
    I don't know who won it last year. But I also don't know who won the College World Series last year. Since I don't know that I guess it is illegitimate also by your standards.

So let me ask you again. What did Saban do that had never been done before?
    He didn't win more games than all other coaches.
    He didn't coach for more years than all other coaches.
    He wasn't even the first to win a NC.
    Hell, he didn't even do this at lsu much less the rest of the state.
    Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    BCS may not include someone who deserves to be in its championship once every couple of years. The Black National Championship does not include the whole entire class of legitimate football programs in the country. Which is more unfair?
    "Every once in a while"? Hell, the BcS doesn't even include half of the Div 1 schools.

To win a BcS National Championship you have to be in a BcS conference.
    To win a Black College National Championship you have to be a historic black college.
    Both are exclusionary. How are they different?
    Last edited by JAB; 04-19-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    actually, that's wrong, jab. opinions can be wrong, if they contradict fact.

example -- my opinion is that murder isn't against the law. that opinion is clearly wrong, as it contradicts a fact. now if i said, my opinion is that murder shouldn't be against the law, well that opinion cannot be proved wrong.
    Actually, per dictionary.com, you're wrong.

Here's the part of the definition of opinion that applies.

1.a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

So, your opinion that murder isn't against the law isn't really an opinion.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Why do you people keep arguing? Don't you realize Farright3030 will NEVER be wrong. Just drop it and he'll leave you alone.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Now, to the rest of you people that continue to spar with Farright. Haven't you all figured out yet that he doesn't care to be right or wrong? It's not about that with him. It's about the attention. He's going to argue over and over and over despite what he's presented and how illogical his thinking is shown to be. All he wants to do is see if he can piss you off and frustrate you so that he can get some personal enjoyment out of it. You all can spat back and forth with him if you wish, but please don't quote him if you do. I'll tell you what. I don't really care as I won't come back to this thread.

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

I don't know who won it last year. But I also don't know who won the College World Series last year. Since I don't know that I guess it is illegitimate also by your standards.

"Every once in a while"? Hell, the BcS doesn't even include half of the Div 1 schools.

To win a Black College National Championship you have to be a historic black college.
    I think Saban winning the National Championship and a few SEC championship at the joke of a school that is LSU is pretty significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Now, to the rest of you people that continue to spar with Farright. Haven't you all figured out yet that he doesn't care to be right or wrong? It's not about that with him. It's about the attention. He's going to argue over and over and over despite what he's presented and how illogical his thinking is shown to be. All he wants to do is see if he can piss you off and frustrate you so that he can get some personal enjoyment out of it. You all can spat back and forth with him if you wish, but please don't quote him if you do. I'll tell you what. I don't really care as I won't come back to this thread.
    Thanks for contributing nothing there with our discussion, Dirty. We really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Why do you people keep arguing? Don't you realize Farright3030 will NEVER be wrong. Just drop it and he'll leave you alone.
    Who is this mentechsters guy and what does he do for a living?

I only pointed out that both are exclusive when it comes to who is elgible to win it all. Not just the BCS.

+ Reply to Thread