+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USA Today/ESPN Coaches Poll

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

USA Today/ESPN Coaches Poll

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

Tech Ranked tied for 45th with Ohio State! Way to go Dawgs!

JFord

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Re: USA Today/ESPN Coaches Poll

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

Tech Ranked tied for 45th with Ohio State! Way to go Dawgs!

JFord
    I was wondering when/if Tech was gonna get some votes...great job dawgs...keep the streak alive on the islands

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

So is it the DBU or the Nevada coach that voted for us?

Puppy bulldogRHP has turned a few heads around herebulldogRHP has turned a few heads around here bulldogRHP's Avatar

I figured it was one of the coaches from Louisiana... the coach from Southern or from Tulane. I mean they have to know how well Tech is doing. But then again I didn't even think about DBU and Nevada...I can see where that would be who did it

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

I know it might be a giant money maker, but I would love for the Dawgs to become a premier baseball program.

Is this the sport that has the "easiest" route to become bigtime? That would be great!

Good luck the rest of the way and great job guys!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog44 View Post
    I know it might be a giant money maker, but I would love for the Dawgs to become a premier baseball program.

Is this the sport that has the "easiest" route to become bigtime? That would be great!

Good luck the rest of the way and great job guys!
    This is a sport that is difficult to become bigtime in regard to amount of $ that is budgeted for it. In NCAA sports MBB is the quickest way to bigtime $ (in relation to conference affiliation / $ budgeted per school)

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    This is a sport that is difficult to become bigtime in regard to amount of $ that is budgeted for it. In NCAA sports MBB is the quickest way to bigtime $ (in relation to conference affiliation / $ budgeted per school)
    I think it was a typo. I think 44 meant to say it would NOT be a big money maker.

Big Dog Bulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really niceBulldog44 is just really nice

I know there is no money in it, but being great and having your name out there on a national level as being near the top, is never bad in my opinion.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Based on the most recent payouts to NCAA tourney participants and our baseball team's budget after the money they raise that offsets some of the deficit, Tech would actually be in the black with a regional apearance and make more than their budget with a super regional participation. It basically has greatest chance to cover most of expenses compared to all the other non-revenue deemed sports.

My dissappointment is attendance and percpetion it leaves about our students and north Louisiana. Average 420-450 per game other than the Arkansas and ULM games, which they brought half the crowd. With 11,000 students, about 40,000 in Linoln Parish, and thousands of Tech Alumni in north Louisiana, I am absolutely stunned even after 36 years of being associated with Tech. Same for men's basketball when I see crowds at our WAC opponents basketball games and they have .500 records. I do not know the answer as it is not just a recent trend.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Based on the most recent payouts to NCAA tourney participants and our baseball team's budget after the money they raise that offsets some of the deficit, Tech would actually be in the black with a regional apearance and make more than their budget with a super regional participation. It basically has greatest chance to cover most of expenses compared to all the other non-revenue deemed sports.

My dissappointment is attendance and percpetion it leaves about our students and north Louisiana. Average 420-450 per game other than the Arkansas and ULM games, which they brought half the crowd. With 11,000 students, about 40,000 in Linoln Parish, and thousands of Tech Alumni in north Louisiana, I am absolutely stunned even after 36 years of being associated with Tech. Same for men's basketball when I see crowds at our WAC opponents basketball games and they have .500 records. I do not know the answer as it is not just a recent trend.
    I agree with most of what you said, except the part about Arkansas bringing half the crowd. They had a nice following, but nowhere near half the crowd. I wasn't there for ULM, so I can't speak to that.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Tech fans came to see Tech whip Arkansas and they did it once really well. Let's hope to see the Hogs again in the post season.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, except the part about Arkansas bringing half the crowd. They had a nice following, but nowhere near half the crowd. I wasn't there for ULM, so I can't speak to that.

About the same -

1/4 of the crowd -

If the McNeese weather would have been nicer, I think those games would have topped 1,000 mark each game -

I was really disappointed in the Fresno St attedance - very poor to say the least -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Tulane, USL, and Tech all ranked ahead of LSU?!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ranked? Excellent!

Keep it rolling Diamond Dawgs!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    About the same -

1/4 of the crowd -

If the McNeese weather would have been nicer, I think those games would have topped 1,000 mark each game -

I was really disappointed in the Fresno St attedance - very poor to say the least -
    Which leads me back to why we need "regional" rivals and not a "bone" game. Just think of a Tech-Tulane North and South baseball series every year.

+ Reply to Thread