+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Understanding Radicalism and Islamicization

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Understanding Radicalism and Islamicization

I urge anyone reading this to listen to this lecture if you have time (it runs over an hour with Q and A). To listen, click the following the following link and then click "play now":

http://www.chbcaudio.org/2007/04/13/...slamicization/

The speaker is a former muslim that grew up in a muslim family. The family moved to England where he converted to Chrisitanity. He talks of the nature of Islam and what challenges face Christians, the US, and the West. It is very sobering.
    Last edited by 9701Dawg; 04-17-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Understanding Radicalism and Islamicization

I have not read the Koran, but I have read secondary sources that suggest the difference between Radical Islam and Moderate Islam comes down to the "dispensational" nature of the Koran. Apparantly, there is a big difference in the teachings of Muhammad before and after his migration to Medina. Prior to migrating to Medina, Muhammad mostly preached pacifism. He was later forced into exile and travelled to Medina where he began preaching that people should be converted to Islam by the sword. Apparently there is Koran scripture that supports the idea that whatever Muhammad said last is now what is right, so his latter opinions and statements carry more weight with the fundamentalist groups.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I read a book by ABC/CNN's Peter Bergen called Holy War, Inc. The author is well known as the only American to ever interview Osama Bin Laden. That book was chilling. Although somewhat dated now, I HIGHLY recommend it.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I read a book by ABC/CNN's Peter Bergen called Holy War, Inc. The author is well known as the only American to ever interview Osama Bin Laden. That book was chilling. Although somewhat dated now, I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Thanks I'll look into that.

As for the different teachings of Muhommed, that's not surprising. The greatest prophet ever changes his mind? Yeah right.

"durka durka, JIHAD!" after he died and the muslims started killing people....

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    "durka durka, JIHAD!" after he died and the muslims started killing people....
    Ah yes, Durkadurkistan, our mortal enemy! Love it as well as the puppet sex memories that come to mind with it.

+ Reply to Thread