+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shreveport-Bossier Alumni Chapter ?

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Shreveport-Bossier Alumni Chapter ?

Why isn't there an active chapter of Tech alumni in Shreveport-Bossier ?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Shreveport-Bossier Alumni Chapter ?

Good question. What say the alum in that area?

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Thanks Clyde for your response. As you can see by the overwhelming replies to the question - I don't know why there isn't a active and viable chapter here. Anyone want to take a rough guess on how many Tech grads live in the Caddo-Bossier area?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Thanks Clyde for your response. As you can see by the overwhelming replies to the question - I don't know why there isn't a active and viable chapter here. Anyone want to take a rough guess on how many Tech grads live in the Caddo-Bossier area?
    JDub, since you seemed so concerned about it, does that mean that you'll take the bull by the horns and get one going? I see you live in Shreveport.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

JDubya,

When I lived in Shreveport, there was no "real" alumni association, but there were a group of dedicated supporters who did a lot of leg work. Most of them were older and the man who did a lot of the work, Arlis Scoggin, has since passed away.

I can not give you a firm answer about why there is not a chapter in Shreveport, but I agree with you that one should exist. It could be apathy, or it could be that everyone is waiting on someone else to get the ball rolling.

If you want to get one started, contact someone at the Marbury Alumni Center, or maybe even Corre Stegall who is VP of University Advancement. I'm sure they could give some ideas and contact info for other people like you in SHV.

VegasDawg and I have our own chapter out here. We met at the Cowboy Mouth concert on April 1, but have not yet planned the next gathering. We always have 100% attendance at our meetings, but we don't get much done for the university.

Seriously, trying to plan a meeting in conjunction with a big event is probalby your best idea. Several years ago, they would have events in the Festival Plaza downtown on the weekend of the Roaf golf tourney and Tech games at Indy Stadium. If you handed out flyers and had a sign-up list at one of those events, you would probably get a lot of interest.

There is definitely no excuse for not having an alumni chapter in Shreveport-Bossier.

Straydawg, you and Vegasdawg have to start somewhere!!

I do think we need one and I do intend to speak to the good people at the Alumni Center. When Coach Dooley spoke in Bossier City some weeks ago, Dr. Renau was pleasantly surprised at the large turnout. As much as I do love football, a successful chapter has to have more focus than just a local sports booster club.

By the way, by my rough count, there is over 7,600 Tech grads in Caddo and Bossier Parish. I think it is the largest group of Tech grads in any MSA in the country.

Stay tuned and for those of you interested, start posting.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

JDub,

Count me in. You can send me a private message and we can get together. I will help any way that I can.

Casey

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I'm in and I'm sure that JAB will be in. Let us know what we can do.

What does it take and what kind of things will we be doing??

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Dallas, Houston, and Shreveport have the largest numbers of Tech grads. It used to be in that order, but may have changed.

The alumni center and the athletic department should concentrate on these areas with a blitz before fb and bb this year. Now is the time to get the casual fan/alum back into the fold.

Varsity Bulldog Captain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Rowdy is a splendid one to behold Captain Rowdy's Avatar

I'm in, and I'm sure there's a few others I can round up.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest someone contact the alumni association and ask for Ryan Richard. If you look at the alumni contacts around the nation, no one is listed for Shreveport-Bossier.

http://www.latechalumni.com/association/contacts.php

Go for it guys!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Dallas, Houston, and Shreveport have the largest numbers of Tech grads. It used to be in that order, but may have changed.

The alumni center and the athletic department should concentrate on these areas with a blitz before fb and bb this year. Now is the time to get the casual fan/alum back into the fold.

that would be huge. they could learn a few things from what clyde and co. are doing in memphis. also, the baaton rouge guys have done a lot in recent years.

little rock and alexandria could also be good places to follow suit.

Thanks to all for the posts. If someone wants to go post this information in the sports forums and direct them this way, you are welcome to do so. I am going to keep it in this forum and l welcome all of the private messages.

Help spread the word of this idea to others who post on here.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Straydawg, you and Vegasdawg have to start somewhere!!

I do think we need one and I do intend to speak to the good people at the Alumni Center. When Coach Dooley spoke in Bossier City some weeks ago, Dr. Renau was pleasantly surprised at the large turnout. As much as I do love football, a successful chapter has to have more focus than just a local sports booster club.

By the way, by my rough count, there is over 7,600 Tech grads in Caddo and Bossier Parish. I think it is the largest group of Tech grads in any MSA in the country.

Stay tuned and for those of you interested, start posting.
    How does one find out the number of graduates living in your city, San Antonio for instance, and how to contact them?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    How does one find out the number of graduates living in your city, San Antonio for instance, and how to contact them?
    The alumni directory that came out a couple of years ago has folks listed by city as well as alphabetically. I'm sure the Alumni Cente would also help you with that as well.

www.latechalumni.org

+ Reply to Thread