+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Techster soccer makes history

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Techster soccer makes history

The Louisiana Tech Lady Techster soccer team won their first ever tournament today in Natchitoches as they won the 2007 Northwestern State 7-on-7 tourney today with a 1-0 win in the finals against ULL. The girls have improved since their first game this spring about a month ago and that is attributed to the INTERIM head coach Rich Stoneman. Congrats to the Lady Techsters and hopefully the administration will see this as a sign of good things to come.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Techster soccer makes history

So why don't they give the man a contract already?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats gals!

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Vote Stoneman for head coach.

Congratulations to the girls, they deserve their props.

Puppy GOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around hereGOJODAVIS has turned a few heads around here

I think Stoneman will be a decent coach,if this is the direction Tech chooses to go in.But two weeks ago the soccer team lost to Centenary 1-0,this was the same as the last time these two met.I was actually more impressed with the teams improvement in the wac scores last fall.This was a 7v7 tournament and not full squad,so somewhat different situation.Stoneman should do ok if he gets the job,but he is not the savior of womens soccer at Tech.He will be dealing with head coaching issues for the first time,and he will be dealing with an administration that cares nothiNg about womens soccer ,this is more of an issue than who the coach is and Stoneman knows this better than anyone. As far as the tournament goes I am glad for the team,they deserved to win.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by GOJODAVIS View Post
    I think Stoneman will be a decent coach,if this is the direction Tech chooses to go in.But two weeks ago the soccer team lost to Centenary 1-0,this was the same as the last time these two met.I was actually more impressed with the teams improvement in the wac scores last fall.This was a 7v7 tournament and not full squad,so somewhat different situation.Stoneman should do ok if he gets the job,but he is not the savior of womens soccer at Tech.He will be dealing with head coaching issues for the first time,and he will be dealing with an administration that cares nothiNg about womens soccer ,this is more of an issue than who the coach is and Stoneman knows this better than anyone. As far as the tournament goes I am glad for the team,they deserved to win.
    You also have to remember that this is spring. The team will be totally different in the fall with the incoming freshman just as Centenary will be a different team come August. I think that Rich will do well because the girls know him, respect him, and he knows what he is doing. I think that they we will see improvement in next year's team if Rich is at the helm.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

They are decked out with Nike...nice.

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOJODAVIS View Post
    You're right it was only a 7v7 tourney but they needed that win for morale. That tourney win is someting to build on for the spring. The team had trouble finishing earlier in the spring and that's one reason why they struggled. And about the Centenary game, they were missing two starting defenders and had to move some girls around. They were not comfortable and it showed. Stoneman is not the savior of women's soccer here at Tech, but the program is at a fragile state right now and the lack of committment from the adminsitration doesn't help.

+ Reply to Thread