+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Collegiate Station Apartments

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Re: New Collegiate Station Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I agree totally. I very much understand the university's decision to require students to live on campus. It just bothers me to hear the results of "studies" that only consider the variables that support their desired outcome. The benefit of housing on campus is very great. I've met a lot of great friends. I've enjoyed intramurals. Housing provides some great activities. The truth is housing provides a lot of great services and reasons to live on campus and do not need to perform a misleading statistical analysis to advertise their product.

People who commute from Shreveport probably suffer in grades. People who live in Ruston less than two miles from the campus probably do not.
    If my perception is correct, Enrollment Management who collected this data has not been a fan of the on-campus living regulations because they have felt that it hurt their recruiting to tell students that they are required to live on-campus. The survey was not set up to make Housing look good - I think quite the contrary.

The report indicated that ALL students (as a whole) who did not live in the residence halls suffered academically. Even the students who "lived in Shreveport" and commuted daily from their parents home were hurt and if I remember, were the worse group of them all. Of course, a number had apartments in Ruston and were not commuting. The residence hall system works and has for the years and years and years that the data has been collected.

Galen Rockett

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: New Collegiate Station Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post
    If my perception is correct, Enrollment Management who collected this data has not been a fan of the on-campus living regulations because they have felt that it hurt their recruiting to tell students that they are required to live on-campus. The survey was not set up to make Housing look good - I think quite the contrary.

The report indicated that ALL students (as a whole) who did not live in the residence halls suffered academically. Even the students who "lived in Shreveport" and commuted daily from their parents home were hurt and if I remember, were the worse group of them all. Of course, a number had apartments in Ruston and were not commuting. The residence hall system works and has for the years and years and years that the data has been collected.

Galen Rockett
    Galen,
    It certainly works for most. It does not work for all, though. There are exceptions.

I lived in the dorm for my first two years and am glad I did.

+ Reply to Thread