+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keisha Warren

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: Keisha Warren

I anticipate us being a guard oriented team so a workhorse post could be a good addition. Hope she becomes an effective contributor. At least, this will help with our rotation. It is unfortunate we can not come up with more size for this team. I remember how Tennessee's giants just dominated us this past season. While we are big enough to compete with most of our opponents we are going to struggle against the really good teams, in whose company we want to be. Therefore, on one hand I am happy, on the other hand I am a little disappointed, and on the other, other hand I think we are going to have a decent team this year, but not as good as we hopefully will have in the future. So, what is all that? Good. I guess.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I anticipate us being a guard oriented team so a workhorse post could be a good addition. Hope she becomes an effective contributor. At least, this will help with our rotation. It is unfortunate we can not come up with more size for this team. I remember how Tennessee's giants just dominated us this past season. While we are big enough to compete with most of our opponents we are going to struggle against the really good teams, in whose company we want to be. Therefore, on one hand I am happy, on the other hand I am a little disappointed, and on the other, other hand I think we are going to have a decent team this year, but not as good as we hopefully will have in the future. So, what is all that? Good. I guess.
    Buz, the last time I saw you, you only had two hands. You need to have that checked out!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The key thing is how others that know her describe her:
    Team player
    Extremely strong work ethic
    Unselfish
    Leader

I think that is what we need more than anything else. Her scoring average is not high, but she is an all around strong player.
    What we need more than anything! Coach can only do so much, in the end the players have to step up and lead.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I'm sure Warren has impecable character, a great GPA, and works extremely hard.

Can she:
    1. block out a 6'-4" center and get the rebound afterwards?
    2. slap the shot of a driving guard into the 3rd row of the TAC seats?

If the answer to either question is "No", then please wake me when we sign a center bigger than 6'-2". Honestly, I just don't care to watch opponents rebound over our shorter inside defenders and put shot after shot in after the 3rd or 4th attempt.

The Dawgs have the same problem. 6'-7" centers not named Paul Millsap simply don't intimidate anyone. When we get SOMEBODY at least 6'-10" or taller in a Dawgs uniform I'll get excited again.

Sorry to be a wet blanket folks, but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over ( or year after year) and expecting different results.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I agree, Champ, that she will be a great leader and she will represent the program well, but come on we need impact players. If we had a great team returning and just needed role players, I may be excited, but this just isn't what we need.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I agree, Champ, that she will be a great leader and she will represent the program well, but come on we need impact players. If we had a great team returning and just needed role players, I may be excited, but this just isn't what we need.
    Believe me, I will be just as excited as everyone else when we sign that top 10 player again (especially a big post player). We have some great players returning and they will have to carry the load this year. Our big girls will be Dowdell, Sneed, Nixon, and now Warren. If we can add to that, this would be great, but those are some talented players.

We, also, have some good guards, but losing Eboni is a hit. I still believe that we need that high percentage set outside shooter to give our forwards some room.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Who got Ta'shia Phillips? On this page, she hasn't signed yet. She is going to make someone very happy. I was thinking that she had signed with UConn, but not sure.

There are a few left on here without schools yet. Phillips is definitely the odd one out.
    http://web.utk.edu/%7Esmarshal/2007.htm

Just saw where she had given an oral committment to Purdue as a Freshman. She has now backed out of that and is looking around. This was due to Kristi Curry leaving. Looks like she wants to stay close to home, but it sure wouldn't hurt trying for her. She is still open, apparently, and just lists Purdue as "moderate interest". At 6'6", she is a gold mine waiting to happen.
    From the Purdue site:
    http://oldgoldfreepress.com/hoopsrec...phillips.shtml

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i asked monica maxwell about her because they are both from indy. she said that the kid really wants to stay close to home. she would be a monster signee for anyone, but our connection to monica and monicas connection to her probably wouldnt be enough to land her. i would love to be wrong though!

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    i asked monica maxwell about her because they are both from indy. she said that the kid really wants to stay close to home. she would be a monster signee for anyone, but our connection to monica and monicas connection to her probably wouldnt be enough to land her. i would love to be wrong though!
    She sure is going to make some team VERY happy. From everything I have read, this girl is the real deal. She is the diamond. To find someone like this that is unsigned is remarkable.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

On the link posted above, I noticed Ashley Collier. in Pittsburgh Tx, a true center, I think she was listed as 6'4". Is she on our radar? Or better yet, do we know if WE'RE on HER radar?

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    On the link posted above, I noticed Ashley Collier. in Pittsburgh Tx, a true center, I think she was listed as 6'4". Is she on our radar? Or better yet, do we know if WE'RE on HER radar?
    I sure hope so. She is going to be a great one.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

She sounds good. Certainly, we need a really tall woman but the last one we had wasn't as balanced a performer as this young woman appears to be.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post

i asked about kendrea walker and ashley collier several weeks ago. they were both on our radar. walker ended up with baylor. i dont know how heavily collier is being recruited, but we need that kind of size here.

Puppy Hoss has turned a few heads around hereHoss has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    i asked about kendrea walker and ashley collier several weeks ago. they were both on our radar. walker ended up with baylor. i dont know how heavily collier is being recruited, but we need that kind of size here.

She may be BIG, but is she GOOD???

+ Reply to Thread