+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "It's about the Economy Stupid"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

"It's about the Economy Stupid"

What happened to the DEM/LIB screaming of, "It's about the Economy Stupid"?

Not just the economy but the stock markets are doing great!

Dow: Best winning streak since '55

Blue-chip gauge hits another record, capping best stretch of gains in 52 years; earnings, buyouts, factory orders all help.

By David Ellis and Alexandra Twin, CNNMoney.com staff writers
    May 2 2007: 5:48 PM EDT

http://money.cnn.com/2007/05/02/mark...0500/index.htm

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: "It's about the Economy Stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Blue-chip gauge hits another record, capping best stretch of gains in 52 years; earnings, buyouts, factory orders all help.

be sure and buy some genesis stock!!!!

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

why is it that you always provide links to articles while adding on a spiteful one-liner practically accusing liberals such as myself of hating America and wanting everything with regards to our country to go wrong...by no means do I hate America, nor do I want everything to go wrong just so I can blame the Bush administration for one more thing...I love this place and I know there's no such thing as a perfect society, however I am embarassed by it from time to time knowing it could be better...

The market is doing great...that's great, that's grand...so we've got one thing figured out, let's start figuring out more...

Sure, I could easily avoid reading every thread or post you write in this forum...but being the open-minded person I am, I'll continue to venture throughout Pawlitics reading all posts and opinions...

whatever happened to being constructive rather than destructive...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    why is it that you always provide links to articles while adding on a spiteful one-liner practically accusing liberals such as myself of hating America and wanting everything with regards to our country to go wrong...by no means do I hate America, nor do I want everything to go wrong just so I can blame the Bush administration for one more thing...I love this place and I know there's no such thing as a perfect society, however I am embarassed by it from time to time knowing it could be better...

The market is doing great...that's great, that's grand...so we've got one thing figured out, let's start figuring out more...

Sure, I could easily avoid reading every thread or post you write in this forum...but being the open-minded person I am, I'll continue to venture throughout Pawlitics reading all posts and opinions...

whatever happened to being constructive rather than destructive...
    Sorry, but there is a good portion of your left liberal wing that hates America and our military and wants nothing more than to see them fail. And the sound mind portion of the DEM party will not police them at all.

As far as, "It's about the Economy Stupid", how old are you? This was the Lib/Dem matra/slogan during the Sr. Bush/ Clinton campaign used to defeat a successful Iraq war President. The economy was just fine and dandy. It was a DEM/LIB lie then of course but folks bought into it. The GOP should be using it now as it does apply for this campaign.

Again I'm sorry, but my post above included no "spiteful one-liner". Did the word screaming bother you or what?

Economy logs brisk 3.9% annual growth

http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...terstitialskip

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

^Has that been normalized for inflation?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    ^Has that been normalized for inflation?
    Frankly, I think our economy is about to go down the tank.

1) Deficit spending is causing significant inflation in our currency -- care to restate that growth against the devaluation of the dollar relative to other currencies?
    2) Housing crisis
    3) Oil (prices are rising because we are provoking Iran) -- in other words, we're seeing supply-driven inflation, not demand driven inflation. Latter is ok for the economy, former is BAD NEWS!
    4) Serious recession in the midwest/Auto states
    5) Stability of our government programs (Medicare, Social Security) is about to crush the economic prospects for a future generation.

TT, is your head that deep in the sand? :icon_wink:

By the way, as many things as I had against WJC, at least he balanced the budget. Might have done it through taxation moreso than cuts, but I think our population would make sounder political/economic decisions if they KNEW what they were paying, instead of getting blindsided with the dollar devaluation problem later on.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Frankly, I think our economy is about to go down the tank.

1) Deficit spending is causing significant inflation in our currency -- care to restate that growth against the devaluation of the dollar relative to other currencies?
    2) Housing crisis
    3) Oil (prices are rising because we are provoking Iran) -- in other words, we're seeing supply-driven inflation, not demand driven inflation. Latter is ok for the economy, former is BAD NEWS!
    4) Serious recession in the midwest/Auto states
    5) Stability of our government programs (Medicare, Social Security) is about to crush the economic prospects for a future generation.

TT, is your head that deep in the sand? :icon_wink:

By the way, as many things as I had against WJC, at least he balanced the budget. Might have done it through taxation moreso than cuts, but I think our population would make sounder political/economic decisions if they KNEW what they were paying, instead of getting blindsided with the dollar devaluation problem later on.
    1+2). Wouldn' t the housing crisis, specifically the falling home prices, lead towards deflation?

3.)Much of the oil price increase is due to the rapid increase of demand from China.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Then hold on to your money now, and when it crashes, buy, buy, buy, then sit happily on a beach in the Caribbean when it starts rising...

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    1+2). Wouldn' t the housing crisis, specifically the falling home prices, lead towards deflation?

3.)Much of the oil price increase is due to the rapid increase of demand from China.
    1) Yes, the housing crisis does contribute a net deflationary pressure on the market. And I plan to take advantage of that in the near future when I purchase a house that would have previously been way overpriced and more than I was willing to pay. Realistically, though, the deflationary pressure is really just a correction to a run-up on prices, which, incidently, was cited for a long time as evidence of solid growth! The bigger problem with the housing market, in my opinion, is the credit crunch we can expect/have seen, not the abundance of houses that will be/are on the market.
    2) Do you disagree that we have seen a significant devaluation of the dollar?
    3) True, much has. But much is due to speculation that we're going to face supply difficulties in the near future. I'd estimate that the price of oil would drop 10-20% if we were to stop meddling in the middle east!

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

1) Yes, the housing crisis does contribute a net deflationary pressure on the market. And I plan to take advantage of that in the near future when I purchase a house that would have previously been way overpriced and more than I was willing to pay. Realistically, though, the deflationary pressure is really just a correction to a run-up on prices, which, incidently, was cited for a long time as evidence of solid growth! The bigger problem with the housing market, in my opinion, is the credit crunch we can expect/have seen, not the abundance of houses that will be/are on the market.
    3) True, much has. But much is due to speculation that we're going to face supply difficulties in the near future. I'd estimate that the price of oil would drop 10-20% if we were to stop meddling in the middle east!
    1.) I agree

2.) NO. In fact, I just saw that gold is now at $800.

3.) As long as there is "instability" in the Middle East this will be a factor, regardless of our presence there.

2.) NO. In fact, I just saw that gold is now at $800.
    How is that not evidence of devaluation of the dollar? As another example, the Euro is now worth (relative to the dollar) 150% of what it was at the start of the Bush administration!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

1) does any of that make it what you call a "crisis?" I recall when I was younger my parents purchasing a house at something like 18%. When you have been where we were, where we are may seem like a "crisis"...but is really quite relative.

3)I agree with the response by 9701Dawg - As long as there is "instability" in the Middle East this will be a factor, regardless of our presence there. Meddling or not, that will not change their opinion of us, nor their willingless to let us use their oil. Not to mention that this has nothing whatsoever to do with the future supply problem nor efforts by the controling parties to make as large a profit marging as they can, while they still can.

How is that not evidence of devaluation of the dollar? As another example, the Euro is now worth (relative to the dollar) 150% of what it was at the start of the Bush administration!
    I agree that it IS evidence of devaluation.

I guess I won't be traveling to Europe anytime soon. That exchange rate would hit hard.

I agree that it IS evidence of devaluation.

I guess I won't be traveling to Europe anytime soon. That exchange rate would hit hard.
    gotcha. My bad, I misread your post.

+ Reply to Thread