+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell Me on Giuliani

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Sell Me on Giuliani

My main concerns relate to his cultural liberalism...set my mind at ease cause I ain't afraid to vote third party.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Re: Sell Me on Giuliani

Neither his personal life nor his past social standards bother me...

It's that can you go from being a mayor (all be it NYC) to being a president...

I've read mixed opinions from New Yorkers that either thought he was a horrible mayor pre-9/11 or that he was a legitimate mayor pre-9/11

Of course I won't be voting for him, but I'm definitely looking forward to the race for GOP presidential candidate given the more centrist candidates (especially if Hagel runs)

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Let me clarify...I'm not necessarily concerned about the number wives he's had or his infidelity. I'm more concerned with how his cultural liberalism will affect policy (mainly abortion).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I think he would be a great candidate. Even though i feel like we need to start heading out of Iraq and give the Iraq gov a deadline to get their house straight, I like McCain.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

He can lead this country through a war. That's enough for me. Cultrual liberalism is a non-wartime issue.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

I think if he were elected president, he would just ignore any such related policy...I think he would just let everything stay the same and stay clear of having to take any decisive measures, and let those in Congress continue to battle out the abortion laws...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I can't help because he and I occupy different arms of the Republican party: reagan versus Rockefeller.

I like Newt and could give a flying sh!t about this centrist/moderate crap. What the heck do people think GWB is? He's a moderate on every point except the one he is 100% right on: a deadline is suicide in the war.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Seems likely to me that Guilianni mostly ignores abortion. He makes no changes (since that would upset a lot of GOP) but he also makes no attempt to end abortion (much like Reagan did, basically). OTOH, if you vote for a 3rd party candidate and a Dem wins, the federal government will be using your tax dollars to pay for abortions by Jan 2009.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Vitter has endorsed him strongly.

Me, I got mixed feelings.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I also think he'd not act on any gun-control or abortion issues. He seems electable but Newt seems like a better Republican and leader. I don't think Newt would get elected though.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I can't help because he and I occupy different arms of the Republican party: reagan versus Rockefeller.

I like Newt and could give a flying sh!t about this centrist/moderate crap. What the heck do people think GWB is? He's a moderate on every point except the one he is 100% right on: a deadline is suicide in the war.
    I'm with you except in time of war. We need a wartime consigliere.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 03-12-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

He's electable. Vote for someone who represents most of your values and can get into office and prevent a panty-waste liberal from taking the job. You want to be sold... Hillary '08. We have to win.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post

I like Newt a lot. What about Fred Thompson?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    He's electable. Vote for someone who represents most of your values and can get into office and prevent a panty-waste liberal from taking the job. You want to be sold... Hillary '08. We have to win.
    Oh, I'd no doubt vote for Rudy against Hilly or OsamaObama or any other democrap candidate.

I doubt, however, that I'd put his sign in my yard or his bumper sticker on my Turtle.

I know I wouldn't contribute any money to his campaign. Actually, I already feel like a significant contributor of record, given the thousands of dollars I paid over the course of about 3 years to the law firm where he is the name partner
    http://www.bracewellgiuliani.com/
    to "represent" me in a little dispute which they managed to drag-out for about 3 years.

I could probably write a book on that subject.

BTW, his position re gun control in no way represents my values.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Oh, I'd no doubt vote for Rudy against Hilly or OsamaObama or any other democrap candidate.

I doubt, however, that I'd put his sign in my yard or his bumper sticker on my Turtle.

I know I wouldn't contribute any money to his campaign. Actually, I already feel like a significant contributor of record, given the thousands of dollars I paid over the course of about 3 years to the law firm where he is the name partner
    http://www.bracewellgiuliani.com/
    to "represent" me in a little dispute which they managed to drag-out for about 3 years.

I could probably write a book on that subject.

BTW, his position re gun control in no way represents my values.
    Corporations use the big boys...us commoners use boutique firms...they're cheaper!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

+ Reply to Thread