+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "Haka" just pregame taunting?

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: "Haka" just pregame taunting?

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    we really need to pound hawaii into the ground this fall.
    I sekund dat moshun, bubba!!!

Puppy Hkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHkboy1313 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    so it's ok for you to throw around racial slurs, because you think you have a good reason?
    You means just Like Tech 77 and DONW feel they can throw around racial slurs because they feel they have good reason?

Tech 77 "Who cares what derogatory term one uses to describe those that perpetrated the terrible bombing of Pearl Harbor? There is no word too strong to use for those that did that."

DONW "I used the word "japs" to describe those cowards who attacked Pearl Harbor without any reason or giving any warning. We were not in a war with Japan at the time. HK, why don't you give me a reason for the japs attacking your country. The Japanese took the side of a madman that was responsible for killing millions of innocent people? I bet the jews in Germany that Hitler either shot or gassed or starved to death would have been happy with Hitler calling them Jews or any other name rather than killing them. I'll be looking forward to your answer as to why the japs sided with Hitler during WWII.
    vbrep_register("477564") "

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean I shouldn't be calling people north of Missouri Yankees?:bigcry:

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

No it just means that HKboy doesn't know how to debate and would rather present loaded statements. See post 135 for a further explanation.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Does this mean I shouldn't be calling people north of Missouri Yankees?:bigcry:
    Nah, people from Missouri are Yankees too.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hkboy1313 View Post
    You means just Like Tech 77 and DONW feel they can throw around racial slurs because they feel they have good reason?

Tech 77 "Who cares what derogatory term one uses to describe those that perpetrated the terrible bombing of Pearl Harbor? There is no word too strong to use for those that did that."

DONW "I used the word "japs" to describe those cowards who attacked Pearl Harbor without any reason or giving any warning. We were not in a war with Japan at the time. HK, why don't you give me a reason for the japs attacking your country. The Japanese took the side of a madman that was responsible for killing millions of innocent people? I bet the jews in Germany that Hitler either shot or gassed or starved to death would have been happy with Hitler calling them Jews or any other name rather than killing them. I'll be looking forward to your answer as to why the japs sided with Hitler during WWII.
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries...Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

Y'all really are a bunch of inbred swamp dwellers. It's no wonder you fear the Warriors so much. Look at it this way:

1. The warriors have to perform the Haka in order to release energy before the game, because there won't be much opportunity to expend energy during the game.

2. The traditional Haka will amuse you, because the game certainly won't. It's not fun to watch the Bulldogs get a traditional a.s.s. whooping.

3. You can witness a tradition that has been practiced by polynesians since before the creation of your beloved doggy statue.

4. If you hate the Haka, You will be hating something that is older than your civil war reenactments.

5. It must get lonely out there in hicksville. Watching beefcake football players shake their booty might help the Bull dog faithful through one more lonely night.

6. Complaining about the Haka will take your mind off of your 1 - 5 record vs The Warriors.

7. You can contemplate whether or not Haka is a racial slur.

8. The only thing worse than the Haka is a Haka performed by nappy headed....Warriors.

9. The civil war reenactors can reenact the Haka to add a little more spice to that next battle. What will the Yanks think then?

10. During the Haka y'all can make doo doo and farting noises and giggle all game long about it.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    Y'all really are a bunch of inbred swamp dwellers. It's no wonder you fear the Warriors so much. Look at it this way:

1. The warriors have to perform the Haka in order to release energy before the game, because there won't be much opportunity to expend energy during the game.

2. The traditional Haka will amuse you, because the game certainly won't. It's not fun to watch the Bulldogs get a traditional a.s.s. whooping.

3. You can witness a tradition that has been practiced by polynesians since before the creation of your beloved doggy statue.

4. If you hate the Haka, You will be hating something that is older than your civil war reenactments.

5. It must get lonely out there in hicksville. Watching beefcake football players shake their booty might help the Bull dog faithful through one more lonely night.

6. Complaining about the Haka will take your mind off of your 1 - 5 record vs The Warriors.

7. You can contemplate whether or not Haka is a racial slur.

8. The only thing worse than the Haka is a Haka performed by nappy headed....Warriors.

9. The civil war reenactors can reenact the Haka to add a little more spice to that next battle. What will the Yanks think then?

10. During the Haka y'all can make doo doo and farting noises and giggle all game long about it.
    Bring on the 'bows. They can do their goofy-looking country line dance (we will point and laugh at the silly celebration of polynesian heritage), but don't disrespect our property.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hkboy1313 View Post

tech 77 and donw aren't the ones lecturing others about what is offensive.

Varsity Bulldog rtr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her gamertr002 is on top of his/her game rtr002's Avatar

I was wondering if hawaiians consider themselves to be American or Polynesian? If they are Americans then why are they concerned with a Polynesian Dance that has nothing to do with them. I understand that they might have Polynesian Ancestors or what not but what does that have to with the Island of Hawaii. It is not a tradition of Hawaii from what I can gather. I understand it is the culture, we have alot of it Louisiana, but Football is an American sport and should be treated as such. I think they should be penalized 15 yards before the game starts, thats the standard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct for a endzone celebration.
    How bout them Dawgs!

Big Dog SundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to beholdSundayJam is a splendid one to behold SundayJam's Avatar

It would be kind of like penalizing kids for saying a prayer before a game. Don't you think? Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it poor sportsmanship. The intent is honorable.

Hawaii is not the only team to perform this ritual. It's just that it makes more sense for a team from Hawaii to honor it.

As for the American thing...I'm pretty sure the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame can identify with a strong cultural tie to their ancestors. Hawaiians are polynesians. A good amount of our football players are Hawaiians, Samoans, Tongans...Polynesian.

Maybe your guys could line up and say the Pledge of Allegience before the game? Would that be more American?

If your curious, here is a good, one-page description of Polynesia:

http://www.pbs.org/wayfinders/polynesian2.html
    Last edited by SundayJam; 05-09-2007 at 01:07 AM.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

How long have the bows been doing this "dance"?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SundayJam View Post
    Y'all really are a bunch of inbred swamp dwellers.
    Fighting discrimination with discrimination...nice touch. Now that you've once again sunk to "their" level (as I've not made a single racist post in this matter), I hope you'll be intellectually honest enough to condemn yourself the way that you and HK have condemned Don and 77.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Admins,

Can we move this thread to the Dawg Pit?

+ Reply to Thread