+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiderman 3

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

Spiderman 3

So, we went to see this last night...

After getting used to the fact that the 50 kids in the theatre that were under 5 years old were not going to be quiet , it was a pretty good movie. The things that bugged me were:
    1. There were a LOT of villians, big and small. too much for me going on.
    2. There was about 10 minutes there of hokeyness and cheese that could have been summed up in 1 minute (dancing a la john travolta)
    It was entertaining, though. I got my money's worth. Just don't think I have to see it again....

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Spiderman 3

I didn't like it nearly as much as the first two. I thought that the Sandman was a great character, and best in the movie. I dug the 20 minutes of cocky, arrogant Peter we got, as well.

Outside of that, it was a pretty weak (and LONG) show.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

lame! we didn't really see what extra 'power' the black suit gave him...apparently it turned him into the mask for 20 or so minutes. venom was not the venom of the comics (where was the refering to himself as 'we') the last 10-15 minutes was rediculously sappy. mj wasn't cool at all. it had bad pacing, bad writing, and the goblin was riding a flying snowboard! i judge this movie to be just better than 'fantastic 4.'

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

it was still better than XMen 3, which was still better than POTC2, which was slightly better than Fantastic 4, which was a little better than Hulk, which was better than Daredevil, which was better than Elektra, which was better than Catwoman, which was slightly better than being staked down in the desert and watching ants chew off my own arm.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    it was still better than XMen 3, which was still better than POTC2, which was slightly better than Fantastic 4, which was a little better than Hulk, which was better than Daredevil, which was better than Elektra, which was better than Catwoman, which was slightly better than being staked down in the desert and watching ants chew off my own arm.
    at least everyone knew 'catwoman' was going to suck.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    I thought X-Men 3 was the drizzling shits. IMO, POTC2 and the Director's Cut of Daredevil would vie for the title of best movie out of the ones you listed.

The overall theme remains the same though -- comic book movies tend to be pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I thought X-Men 3 was the drizzling shits. IMO, POTC2 and the Director's Cut of Daredevil would vie for the title of best movie out of the ones you listed.

The overall theme remains the same though -- comic book movies tend to be pretty terrible.
    i thiught the first 2 xmen and first 2 spiderman movies were pertty good...x3 might have been good too if the studio had given bret ratner more than 8 months of total production time. and the new superman and batman were good. it just takes somebodyu who cares enough about the subject matter to actually write a decent script and cast the RIGHT actors for the job (nicholas cage as ghost rider woul be an example of casting wrong).

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Not ALL comic book movies are bad. I think everyone here can agree "The Punisher" was pretty freaking AWESOME!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Not ALL comic book movies are bad. I think everyone here can agree "The Punisher" was pretty freaking AWESOME!

You really liked Dolph Lundgreen as the Punisher?

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Not worth getting home at 3 after seeing the midnight showing.

Sold out four theatres in Ruston for the 12:01 show.

Too many subplots. Too much cheese. Cut down about 45 minutes worth and you have a good movie.

I actually liked "Next" I saw later in the weekend better.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04 View Post
    Too much cheese.
    I haven't seen Spiderman3 year, but I'm convinced there is a secret, underground directors' awards ceremony that all of the directors really care about and one of the major awards is "the most cheese in an action movie." How else can you explain it?

For example, how else can you explain the Trinity death scene in Matrix Revolutions?

One things for sure: If I'm Pete, I'm sticking with Gwen Stacy.

For every reason imaginable.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

First of all it wasnt worth getting home at 3 in the morning like Dawg04 said.

Minus the 20 minutes of real cheese, and not enough Venom, have been waiting for this and didnt get enough of it. Overall I thought it was a good movie but I also liked X-3.

Thought that Fantastic 4 and the Hulk, elektra were by far the worst comic movies.

However rise of the Silver Surfer could be better than I expect.

Still waiting for what will be the BEST MOVIE EVER PIRATES 3. EVER!!! lol!:icon_wink:

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

The movie sucked. As people say too much cheese. Worst Spiderman movie of the group IMO (but I know a lot of people who think it is the 2nd best). I have heard as many people that hated it as liked it (so it makes sense that the critics are split in rating the movie from a B+ to C-). Too long. The villians are really developed but in a sense overdeveloped. Sandman has a whole Mr. Freeze thing going on for him (I guess he is a bad guy). Very little Venom. I don't see why they had to kill off Goblin jr. because if the rumors are right that Tobey Mcguire is leaving then you atleast want another of the 3 main characters still around.

BTW I am convinced that the entire scene with Parker in the black hair strutting down the street was real.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I've never been a comic book guy, but it seems to me like Cheese is one of the most basic parts of these types of films. Would it really be a spiderman film without an overabundance of cheese?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread