+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    They didn't elaborate on the radio what the questions were other than basic questions that family members would know. I'm guessing home, favorite thing to do etc. Wouldn't you rather identify people who are using kids to get into U.S. who are not family members? who may have kidnapped them? Would you want to return them to these people and let them go in U.S.? Sex trafficking is huge in U.S. and Shreveport is a major hub believe it or not.
    The 2008 TVPA law requires HHS to take action to protect children if there is credible evidence that the child is a victim. This part is standard procedure.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post

Father of Honduran 2 year old "face of family separation" speaks out
    quote:

The father of the Honduran girl who became the face of the family separation crisis has revealed that he still has not been in touch with his wife or daughter but was happy to learn they are safe.

Denis Javier Varela Hernandez, 32, said that he had not heard from his wife Sandra, 32, who was with his two-year-old daughter Yanela Denise, for nearly three weeks until he saw the image of them being apprehended in Texas.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Hernandez, who lives in Puerto Cortes, Honduras, says that he was told yesterday that his wife and child are being detained at a family residential center in Texas but are together and are doing 'fine.'

'You can imagine how I felt when I saw that photo of my daughter. It broke my heart. It's difficult as a father to see that, but I know now that they are not in danger. They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border,' he said.

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.

He revealed that his wife had previously mentioned her wish to go to the United States for a 'better future' but did not tell him nor any of their family members that she was planning to make the trek.

'I didn't support it. I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that? But it was her decision at the end of the day.'

He said that Sandra had always wanted to experience 'the American dream' and hoped to find a good job in the States.

Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes,
    explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum.

He said that Sandra set out on the 1,800-mile journey with the baby girl on June 3, at 6am, and he has not heard from her since.

'I never got the chance to say goodbye to my daughter and now all I can do is wait', he said, adding that he hopes they are eith
    er granted political asylum or are sent back home.

It's a shame that we have to get the real news from British news outlets. U.S. media is so enraged with getting Trump that things like this will never be heard. Even Schumer said he did not want any new immigration legislation because he wanted to keep the focus on Trump. So democrats really don't have these peoples best interest at heart, they are just using this to keep pressure up on Trump to make him look bad heading into the Nov elections.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...peaks-out.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Not shocked at all by this.

Liberals don't care about people at all.
    So, the wife who ran out on him is checking back in with him to tell him whether or not she and his daughter were separated?

For guys who gripe all the time about biased sources, you sure are quick to trust a scorned husband!

What a clear example of how confirmation bias changes how we process information.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What kinds of questions? There already is a process for proving relationship in the court system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The 2008 TVPA law requires HHS to take action to protect children if there is credible evidence that the child is a victim. This part is standard procedure.
    So err on the side of the people claiming to be the parent(s)? The ones who may be selling them the first chance they get?

I figure your response will be that only a few are in question. How do you know this?

Isn't is about the kids?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    So, the wife who ran out on him is checking back in with him to tell him whether or not she and his daughter were separated?

For guys who gripe all the time about biased sources, you sure are quick to trust a scorned husband!

What a clear example of how confirmation bias changes how we process information.
    Hmmm, I didn't pay that much attention to the story. Not sure he was "scorned", but it does appear the daughter was brought here without his permission.

Now I am in favor of a Janet Reno style repatriation of the child with the father. Seems like the father should have some rights here.

I hear Elian is very happy to be back in his home country and is doing just fine.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Wow. So I just read more of the story and it got worse.

She left Honduras to come here and try to get a job, but is claiming POLITICAL asylum. She had FOUR children, but decided to just make the trip with the two year old....so if there are any "separate child from parent" issues they are her own doing. At least she only decided to risk one of her children's lives!

She did not ask for asylum at the border or at any normal place...instead she was caught trying to cross the Rio Grande on a raft. Paid $6000 to a "coyote" as well (that's a human smuggler, probably a gang member)!

Instead of being a representative of how bad Trump's border policy is, she is a poster child for building the wall.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

She left Honduras to come here and try to get a job, but is claiming POLITICAL asylum. She had FOUR children, but decided to just make the trip with the two year old....so if there are any "separate child from parent" issues they are her own doing. At least she only decided to risk one of her children's lives!

She did not ask for asylum at the border or at any normal place...instead she was caught trying to cross the Rio Grande on a raft. Paid $6000 to a "coyote" as well (that's a human smuggler, probably a gang member)!

Instead of being a representative of how bad Trump's border policy is, she is a poster child for building the wall.
    According to the scorned husband.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So err on the side of the people claiming to be the parent(s)? The ones who may be selling them the first chance they get?

I figure your response will be that only a few are in question. How do you know this?

Isn't is about the kids?
    If they have evidence or reason to believe the child is a victim of trafficking they are supposed to investigate.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have cable!
    Then you can't compare what lying SOS the liberal media is when compared to FOX news. The difference of news reporting is like night and day.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It's all the parents fault in most of these cases. Kids were sent alone or withe strangers. And we really don't know if the "mothers and father" are really just as they say or just human traffickers.
    This is why going the legal immigration path, at the legal entries, is the only way to go unless you involve DNA tests.

According to the scorned husband.
    LOL

He didn't sound very scorned to me. Actually seemed concerned about both the child and mother. I was reading more on it because I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt (and I don't care if she was separated from her child for a short period of time...but I wonder about the future mental health of those she separated from in Honduras).

You obviously want to believe what you want to believe. That's your right.

In the USA, you'd get the urgent message on your phone and an amber alert for what she did.

LOL

He didn't sound very scorned to me. Actually seemed concerned about both the child and mother. I was reading more on it because I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt (and I don't care if she was separated from her child for a short period of time...but I wonder about the future mental health of those she separated from in Honduras).

You obviously want to believe what you want to believe. That's your right.

In the USA, you'd get the urgent message on your phone and an amber alert for what she did.
    Well, let's think about this.

You admitted that you didn't read the article originally, but you affirmed it (I'm assuming based upon the headline).

I pointed out that the article is essentially the opinion of a man who's wife left him and that he's not one we would consider objective.

You then read the article (which again, is the opinion piece of a biased party) and feel even more justified in your opinion.

That's confirmation biased 2-ways. But yeah, I'm the one just looking to be affirmed.

You know, I am biased. I think we all are. The danger is when we refuse to acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Then you can't compare what lying SOS the liberal media is when compared to FOX news. The difference of news reporting is like night and day.
    I mainly read my news. I read from Fox and CNN and whoever else I see linked. I reject the notion that I can't learn something from someone who is biased. I just have to understand the biases. You've NEVER read me write about the objectivity of CNN or one of the liberal sites. My main point has been that Fox is the exact same as CNN, they just have a different bias. They are not fair and balanced. They frequently run stories without even trying to corroborate the claim or getting an opposing view. Which is fine because I can make a note of that when I read the article. Just like the article we've been discussing here. The father may be absolutely right, but without corroboration, all I know is that a man has shared his opinion about the photo. It doesn't "prove" anything.

I readily acknowledge that the media will use every optic they can to slam this administration (just as the right leaning media did with Obama). Trump makes it SOOOO easy for them. Again, Stephen Miller's political savvy is putting the President in a precarious position...so much so that he's told the GOP to abandon immigration reform until after the mid-terms.

As of today, there are 2,458 children under the age of 13 — also described by the US federal government as "tender age" children — in the care of the Department of Health and Human Services, according to an HHS spokesman.

That number includes:

482 children age 5 and younger
    1,976 children age 6 through 12
    The total number of “unaccompanied alien children” in HHS custody as of this week is over 11,600. (It fluctuates daily.)

An important to note: HHS cares for both separated children and children who came here alone, and the numbers above are for all total children, not specifically those separated from their parents.

While it can be inferred that most "tender age" children are likely to be separated from their parents (because it is hard to come to the US alone at such a young age), there are also other circumstances — like a teenager bringing a young sibling, or even his or her own child.

Well, let's think about this.

You admitted that you didn't read the article originally, but you affirmed it (I'm assuming based upon the headline).

I pointed out that the article is essentially the opinion of a man who's wife left him and that he's not one we would consider objective.

You then read the article (which again, is the opinion piece of a biased party) and feel even more justified in your opinion.

That's confirmation biased 2-ways. But yeah, I'm the one just looking to be affirmed.

You know, I am biased. I think we all are. The danger is when we refuse to acknowledge it.
    I skimmed the article. Headlines are always biased.

Are you believing that he is not the father, she reported to an immigration center for asylum, and she doesn't have three other children that she abandoned to make the trip?

It is good to know, though, that a good scorning by a woman is sufficient to deprive you of your rights as a father.

+ Reply to Thread