+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 243 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    We need to do a better job of vetting muslims. I have an idea of how to do it. If they're muslim, don't let them in.
    Bingo!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Meanwhile, the guy that shot people at the Pearl Harbor shipyard was from.......Texas.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...ee-identified/

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    We need to do a better job of vetting muslims. I have an idea of how to do it. If they're muslim, don't let them in.
    I would submit that we should make no laws with respect to any particular faith.

(Somebody should write that down somewhere)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Meanwhile, the guy that shot people at the Pearl Harbor shipyard was from.......Texas.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...ee-identified/
    You're a Texan...hmmm, I see a connection here. The FBI should investigate you!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I would submit that we should make no laws with respect to any particular faith.

(Somebody should write that down somewhere)
    You should read Hirsi Ali's book, Infidel. She was raised as a muslim and has first hand knowledge of these terrorists. Her partner was knifed to death on the streets of The Netherlands while making a documentary film on Islam. She has been on the hit list of muslims for several years. This is an evil religion and there is nothing good about it. Their holy leader, Muhammad, killed many people and this is what the religion is based on. Their god tells them to kill those that don't believe in him.
    Hirsi Ali's book traces her life from the time she was held on the ground at the age of 6 by her grandmother and had her genitals mutilated by an evil man with a hunting knife. She went over 24 hours without pissing because the pain was so bad. They even sewed her vagina together. This practice is still done in some states in the US while some states have passed laws against it.
    Why do we believe in freedom for everybody, yet we allow religions like islam that does not allow freedom to women and girls. I'm always going to be on the side of freedom and against goofy evil religions.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I'll concede that plenty of Muslims do evil things.

I'm confident we can also identify plenty of professed Christians, Hindus, atheists, etc who do similarly evil things.

I further submit that evil acts also occurred prior to of the founding of Islam

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I'm confident we can also identify plenty of professed Christians, Hindus, atheists, etc who do similarly evil things.

Not even remotely the same thing. You just don't get it, and I guess you'll never will.

Logical fallacy - - ad hominem

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Not even remotely the same thing. You just don't get it, and I guess you'll never will.
    Been thinking some more about this, and you're right. I will never get why some people think they're less evil than others. The very thought of "I am less sinful" is, in itself, a sin.

But then, I've got a log in my eye. What the heck do I even know ...

For the purposes of the broader discussion on immigration though -- I think what maybe you meant to say was something like "In my observation, there seems to be a significant positive correlation between evil acts and a profession of Islamic faith. I would submit this correlation may even rise to the level of possible causality."

Is that right? Because that may make for a substantive conversation.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

True. But Islam teaches to do evil things (murder) as the one true/100% way to heaven as well as simple things like it's fine to lie for the sake of Allah and the Koran; obviously certain sects more so vs. others. Buy and read a koran.

Nearly 300 Saudi students grounded after NAS Pensacola attack, official says

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    True. But Islam teaches to do evil things (murder) as the one true/100% way to heaven as well as simple things like it's fine to lie for the sake of Allah and the Koran; obviously certain sects more so vs. others. Buy and read a koran.
    I'm somewhat familiar.

As with other faiths, including our own of course, there's a broad range of interpretation, emphasis, and nuance across several hundred million professed adherents. But there are a handful of underlying, foundational doctrines (we might call them "salvation issues") that probably 99% of Muslims would consider universal, shared orthodoxy. It is my (admittedly incomplete) understanding that lying and killing one's way to heaven are not among those core teachings.

But if we are going to limit the rights of individuals whose professed faith includes the glorification of death, why stop with Muslims?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We only have one salvation issue. We have many sanctification issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We only have one salvation issue. We have many sanctification issues.
    That's deep. But you know what I meant.

+ Reply to Thread