+ Reply to Thread
Page 174 of 243 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Immigration

"The truth will set you free"

San Diego TV station: CNN declined 'local view' on wall effectiveness...

Jim Acosta Goes to Border, Accidentally Proves Walls Work

https://www.westernjournal.com/.../j...-proves-walls-...

18 hours ago - CNN's Jim Acosta went down to the border with President Trump to try and ... wrong, but ended up showing just how effective border walls truly are. ... that increased border security — including a wall or barrier — is vital and ...

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

There ya go. We can go out and find articles to support whatever we want.

So for you, there is no issue at the border, and children are not dying in the desert or in custody, we have no backlog of asylum cases, we have no "migrants" suffocating in the back of trucks in 100 degree Texas heat, and the border patrol is just wrong. I also just thought I heard horror stories from the Tijuana folks about the cost of these migrants and the diseases they carry. Oh well, let um die, I suppose.

Heck, let's make sure you don't have a fence around your house, either.

By the way, if you are honest about all of this, you will realize that the "health care for all illegals" proposals by both California and New York will only increase the number of folks looking for a hand out.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    There ya go. We can go out and find articles to support whatever we want.

So for you, there is no issue at the border, and children are not dying in the desert or in custody, we have no backlog of asylum cases, we have no "migrants" suffocating in the back of trucks in 100 degree Texas heat, and the border patrol is just wrong. I also just thought I heard horror stories from the Tijuana folks about the cost of these migrants and the diseases they carry. Oh well, let um die, I suppose.

Heck, let's make sure you don't have a fence around your house, either.

By the way, if you are honest about all of this, you will realize that the "health care for all illegals" proposals by both California and New York will only increase the number of folks looking for a hand out.
    So what is the populated area lacking a wall? It seems like this migrant crisis is happening where there is a wall. What will more wall do about that?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    So what is the populated area lacking a wall? It seems like this migrant crisis is happening where there is a wall. What will more wall do about that?
    Like I said, I trust that the border patrol knows what they are doing. If I thought I knew better than they did, I would be there fixing their problems.

If they say they need a barrier that they can see through to see what is coming, I assume that is what they need.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Saying we don't need more wall and saying we don't have a problem are not the same thing.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Saying we don't need more wall and saying we don't have a problem are not the same thing.
    And telling the people who deal with the problem they don't need what they say they need is probably not the way to solve the problem.

Unless, of course, you are micromanaging the issue? Is that what is going on?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

And telling the people who deal with the problem they don't need what they say they need is probably not the way to solve the problem.
    Unless their request is either illogical or incredibly expensive. I think you COULD make a valid argument for the efficacy of a wall, but it has to be a REALLY good argument given the price-tag (of which 5.7 Billion is only a small piece). Did you read the article Guiss posted? It had statistics in it. You're right that you can find an article that says whatever you want it to say, but statistics can be interpreted by the reader who chooses to dive in.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If I had my way, we'd have a big beautiful wall! A huge concrete and steel monstrosity, at least 40 feet tall, slanted outward to make it more difficult to scale. It would be topped with motion-detector machine guns. Now, the wall would be built back some, behind a fence with warning signs. Do not cross this fence. There would be information where someone can go to find a door thru the wall, a legal point of entry, with proper immigration facilities.

There would also be drones and helicopters patrolling the wall, and boots on the ground, border control agents behind the wall just in case someone had managed to breach the wall. Of course there would be electronic devices to detect such things as vibrations in case someone was tunneling under it. Our agents would easily pinpoint where the digging was occurring and be there waiting for 'em when they popped their heads up.

Any monies being sent to Mexico, as foreign aid, would 100% be diverted to help fund the building of the wall. Looks like it's $88 million annually. Unless I missed something. Of course, $88 million wouldn't fund the wall by itself, but I would still take every dime away from Mexico. And add to it every dime being sent to the central American countries, like Honduras, where these illegals organized their invasions.

Unless their request is either illogical or incredibly expensive. I think you COULD make a valid argument for the efficacy of a wall, but it has to be a REALLY good argument given the price-tag (of which 5.7 Billion is only a small piece). Did you read the article Guiss posted? It had statistics in it. You're right that you can find an article that says whatever you want it to say, but statistics can be interpreted by the reader who chooses to dive in.
    5.7 billion is what we are talking about now. It is really not that big of a number, and the border agents and dept of homeland security get to say where it goes. Good enough for me.

There is other money in the budget for other stuff. I think we need more judges to fast track the cases of the folks who are requesting asylum and a lot of those technological improvements as well.

That article, which I scanned, implies there is no issue at the border using statistics to show border incursions are way below where they have been and still falling. It argues a strawman argument pointing out the illegals are not even Mexican (I don't think anyone has argued that....and thank goodness we don't share a border with Honduras!) It implies there is no issue at all, which I don't think anyone is arguing (except the most TDS folks out there and all of Mexico except Tijuana who want to rid themselves of the folks pooping in their streets).

That article, which I scanned, implies there is no issue at the border using statistics to show border incursions are way below where they have been and still falling. It argues a strawman argument pointing out the illegals are not even Mexican (I don't think anyone has argued that....and thank goodness we don't share a border with Honduras!) It implies there is no issue at all, which I don't think anyone is arguing (except the most TDS folks out there and all of Mexico except Tijuana who want to rid themselves of the folks pooping in their streets).
    That's an awful comprehensive analysis for a scan. Why don't you deal with what it says explicitly and evaluate the numbers yourself?

That's an awful comprehensive analysis for a scan. Why don't you deal with what it says explicitly and evaluate the numbers yourself?
    I did.

I did.
    If you say so. I didn’t see any of the implications you mentioned.

Trump backed down on the national emergency strategy again today. Hurts the authenticity of the “humanitarian crisis” label IMO.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Trump thanked Jim Acosta today in Oval Office...

TRUMP: Good job yesterday, I appreciate your sales pitch
    ACOSTA: I didn't see any danger on the border Mr. President.
    TRUMP: That's because we had a wall.

Acosta set himself up for that and Trump was happy to
    oblige. That was hilarious..

If you say so. I didn’t see any of the implications you mentioned.

Trump backed down on the national emergency strategy again today. Hurts the authenticity of the “humanitarian crisis” label IMO.
    Nevermind

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What we have learned from the El Chapo trial is timely: Most drugs are smuggled into the United States onboard fishing boats, trains, tractor-trailers and ordinary cars that come into the country at legal ports of entry, according to former cartel members. Some cartel members have testified about using underground tunnels. But none have said they've transported drugs into the United States at unwalled sections of the border.

+ Reply to Thread