+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 243 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Immigration

Sorry to break up the back and forth attacks here, but I have a genuine question that I probably should know some more about and maybe it would reduce my skepticism of asylum claims.

What are the bulk of the asylum claimants saying is the reason they must flee their homeland. What kind of persecution are they facing? Is it religious in nature? Political? Racial?

Why is Mexico not a viable option for escaping said persecution?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Sorry to break up the back and forth attacks here, but I have a genuine question that I probably should know some more about and maybe it would reduce my skepticism of asylum claims.

What are the bulk of the asylum claimants saying is the reason they must flee their homeland. What kind of persecution are they facing? Is it religious in nature? Political? Racial?

Why is Mexico not a viable option for escaping said persecution?
    1. US asylum law doesn’t require people to seek asylum in Mexico first. Neither does “international asylum law”.

2. The thinking behind the question reflects a kind of “survivorship bias”. Those that actually seek asylum in Mexico don’t show up at the US border, so it is too easy to ignore the fact that Mexico also receives and grants applications for asylum too.

3. Mexico is not as safe as it used to be. If given the choice, which the law permits, many might choose to seek asylum at the US.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

As to the basis and “legitimacy” of their asylum claims:

https://www.wola.org/analysis/fact-s...sylum-seekers/

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Are you scared to learn that your racist and xenophobic fears are unfounded?
    It’s pretty easy to get the numbers - there are any number of resources for that. Most of the undocumented adults do work, about 70% as I remember. I never said they didn’t.

Your post shows your ignorance.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Are you scared to learn that your racist and xenophobic fears are unfounded?
    There you go, using that racist card again. I don't like seeing billions of dollars spent on immigrants when the country is already 22 trillion in debt. Our descendents are going to have enough paying off the national debt, why keep bringing in people that only add to that debt.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    There you go, using that racist card again. I don't like seeing billions of dollars spent on immigrants when the country is already 22 trillion in debt. Our descendents are going to have enough paying off the national debt, why keep bringing in people that only add to that debt.
    Undocumented immigrants pay over 20 billion in income tax every year. They also fund Medicare and Social Security. They pay sales taxes and other taxes. So try again.

Undocumented immigrants pay over 20 billion in income tax every year. They also fund Medicare and Social Security. They pay sales taxes and other taxes. So try again.
    I assume Hannity, Tucker and Ingraham fail to mention this point.

Do they also fail to mention how much Trump and his Republican majority Congress added to the nation’s debt while we had record unemployment? I mean, if there were ever a time to reduce the debt, it would make sense to do it when the economy is strong.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

That's bullshit and you know it. We spend several billion on illegal immigrants every year and most of them don't pay taxes because they get paid in cash. There are several working in Conway building houses right now that don't speak a bit of English. I know that for a fact because I've stopped and asked them some questions. All I ever get is "no speak englis".

That's bullshit and you know it. We spend several billion on illegal immigrants every year and most of them don't pay taxes because they get paid in cash. There are several working in Conway building houses right now that don't speak a bit of English. I know that for a fact because I've stopped and asked them some questions. All I ever get is "no speak englis".
    https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/Med...SP_18_ITIN.pdf

Not BS. Over 23 million paid by workers without social security numbers.

That means they pay more into the system than what we pay.

Republicans have far more to do with our national debt.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/Med...SP_18_ITIN.pdf

Not BS. Over 23 million paid by workers without social security numbers.

That means they pay more into the system than what we pay.

Republicans have far more to do with our national debt.
    Even if true, that's peanuts compared to what it's costing American taxpayers and in American lives and livelihoods. Pure peanuts!!

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

1. US asylum law doesn’t require people to seek asylum in Mexico first. Neither does “international asylum law”.

2. The thinking behind the question reflects a kind of “survivorship bias”. Those that actually seek asylum in Mexico don’t show up at the US border, so it is too easy to ignore the fact that Mexico also receives and grants applications for asylum too.

3. Mexico is not as safe as it used to be. If given the choice, which the law permits, many might choose to seek asylum at the US.
    Number 3 on your list should be enough to convince you of the necessity of getting the wall finished to secure our southern border.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Even if true, that's peanuts compared to what it's costing American taxpayers and in American lives and livelihoods. Pure peanuts!!
    Got any data?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Mexico has deployed 15,000 troops along their southern border, detained 75,000 illegals this week (so far) and sent back 53,000 illegals from previous detentions. It's a start. At least Mexico is making some effort...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Mexico has deployed 15,000 troops along their southern border, detained 75,000 illegals this week (so far) and sent back 53,000 illegals from previous detentions. It's a start. At least Mexico is making some effort...
    According to Facebook?

+ Reply to Thread