+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    On DACA...my view.

Was watching FOX yesterday (home for sneaux day) and they had a panel discussion that included two democrap strategists. It was a good, open discussion. One of the 'craps said there are 720,127 "dreamers." Earlier in the discussion, one of the Repubs said there are about 780,000 dreamers. But the 'crap offered up that exact "documented" number. Okay. So, if we are to accept that exact number that tells me they must know who these people are. Like, names and addresses. How else could you possibly identify such an exact number down to the last 127 dreamers?

Fine.

Here's what I think....

we want immigrants coming to our country who will positively contribute to it. Of course, they MUST be here legally. In the case of the dreamers, they are currently NOT here legally. But, since apparently we know....or at least one 'crap organization knows....who they are. Set up a special website where these people can register and apply for US citizenship. It will be merit-based where they will submit a resume' with what they have done and are currently doing. Some of the dreamers have and/or currently serving in our military. That should be a powerful reason for them to be granted citizenship, provided they are not now guilty of some criminal activity. Make this path to citizenship a "fast pass" like you can get at Disney World to skip the long lines.

Now, if any owe back taxes, then the IRS can set up some payment plan, whereby they can spread out the extra payments (even $50/month) to not cause financial hardship but get them caught up. The whole process should be fairly simple and given, even at 720K, with verification of said submitted applications it will take time, then any dreamer who registers on this website is protected from deportation pending the outcome of their application. If everything checks out, then they are instantly granted US citizenship. Set a deadline to register on this website, which might be 6 months or so. Surely any and all of the 720,127 dreamers who have nothing to hide will register and receive their citizenship.

The 'craps want a clean bill on DACA, and I support that on every major issue. It's always been part of the problem in Congress. They tag on stupid stuff to important bills, and force members to vote for the whole bill and swallow the crap, or be tagged as "racist" or some other label if they dare vote against it.

Here's what I would do in this case. Using my model the Repubs draft a bill to that effect. But also draft clean bills on, funding the wall, and other immigration-related bills. Then set up a day to vote, yay or nay, on each but place the DACA bill dead last on the docket. That way the Repubs will know how the 'craps voted on the wall, etc...if they passed all of those clean bills, then the DACA bill comes up center stage, then it's in the Repub's court for all to see. I think "my bill" will pass at that point.
    You mean like the info the government has already collected on DACA applicants?

https://www.uscis.gov/i-821d

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post

This is a good start. I don't see anything about work history (except military service).

Seems like speaking English should also be a requirement, since the goal here is to assimilate them into American society. I would assume most do because they have been here most of their lives, but I did see that the applicant could submit answers via interpreter.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    This is a good start. I don't see anything about work history (except military service).

Seems like speaking English should also be a requirement, since the goal here is to assimilate them into American society. I would assume most do because they have been here most of their lives, but I did see that the applicant could submit answers via interpreter.
    You are supposed to submit your application for approval to seek employment (and worksheet, showing your income and expenses) with the DACA form.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Seems like speaking English should also be a requirement, since the goal here is to assimilate them into American society.
    Meh -- overrated. History shows that assimilation occurs naturally after 1-2 generations.

And I know some errr, Central American nationals, who work in the parking deck at my old office who speak better English than some folks who come into town each day from the booger woods. Anecdotal, I know -- but my point is that if proper English were a citizenship requirement, we'd have to deport about 80-90% of this board's members.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My point is, I support a path to citizenship for those dreamers who would qualify under some scrutinized process. Yeah, I know, I'm just one of those deplorable Trumpers, which automatically makes me racist....according to you libtards. But, nope, wrong.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Meh -- overrated. History shows that assimilation occurs naturally after 1-2 generations.

And I know some errr, Central American nationals, who work in the parking deck at my old office who speak better English than some folks who come into town each day from the booger woods. Anecdotal, I know -- but my point is that if proper English were a citizenship requirement, we'd have to deport about 80-90% of this board's members.
    Deport me back to Ireland, land of Guinness beer? Hmmm....

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Deport me back to Ireland, land of Guinness beer? Hmmm....
    Sure. Beer-swilling Catholics who love a good scrap.

I think you'd assimilate.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Might as well not even charge the guy in California. Besides, he found the knife (wasn't his) and was aiming it at some sea lions on the pier, so it wasn't really his fault.

I don't even understand the whole issue right now. Are the dems for chain migration? Are they for the immigration lottery? Are they against border security?

Why would you not want some sort of border security (effective border security) as part of a bill addressing illegal immigrants, especially when it was a lack of border security that caused the problem in the first place? Who was really happy with the way it was where status was directed by executive order and could be ended at any time?

Seems to me that Trump is willing to sign a law granting permanent status for people that came here illegally for a bit of security and changing a few bad laws. He has already acknowledged the wall will be limited in scope, so where is the sticking point?

Is this just a campaign issue for dems and they really don't care about these people at all? I am not seeing what is holding this up.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even understand the whole issue right now. Are the dems for chain migration? Are they for the immigration lottery? Are they against border security?

Why would you not want some sort of border security (effective border security) as part of a bill addressing illegal immigrants, especially when it was a lack of border security that caused the problem in the first place? Who was really happy with the way it was where status was directed by executive order and could be ended at any time?

Seems to me that Trump is willing to sign a law granting permanent status for people that came here illegally for a bit of security and changing a few bad laws. He has already acknowledged the wall will be limited in scope, so where is the sticking point?

Is this just a campaign issue for dems and they really don't care about these people at all? I am not seeing what is holding this up.
    Looks that way.

LIZ PEEK: Pelosi, Dems don’t care about DACA, just politics

6 hours ago
    Do Democrats really care about Dreamers? No, they will do anything to score political points

WAKE UP, DREAMERS

LIZ PEEK: Pelosi, Dems don’t care about DACA, just politics

What would be the response of the press and what insinuations would they make about his mental health if he said "this is doggie doo with a cherry on top"?

From the dem website:

"Democrats will continue to work toward comprehensive immigration reform that fixes our nation’s broken immigration system, improves border security, prioritizes enforcement so we are targeting criminals - not families, keeps families together, and strengthens our economy."

By definition, aren't people who crossed the border and stayed beyond their allowed time criminals?

If you "own" a house, but people are allowed to come and go as they please, sleeping in your bed and eating out of your refrigerator without being invited, do you really "own" the house?

Same could be said about Republicans and Trump on DACA. If they cared about these people, a clean bill on DACA would be easy.

Same could be said about Republicans and Trump on DACA. If they cared about these people, a clean bill on DACA would be easy.
    And then another in 5 years, and then another, and then another? Makes no sense.

+ Reply to Thread