FOOTBALL
Louisiana Tech
vs Hawaii
Dec 22, 2018 | ESPN | 9:30 PM
+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2388

Thread: Immigration

  1. #2326
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    21,052

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You don't want the current illegals deported because...

    It's about the children.
    Which children?

    Citizens born here from illegal parents or children that are brought here?

    Why do you only concerned with illegal immigrants that come through the Southern border?

  2. #2327
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    5,014

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The vast majority of illegal immigrants do not come in through or Southern border.
    Where is your source for that? I assume you are saying that the majority of illegal immigrants overstay their visas. I may have heard that before but I would love a source because it seems surprising.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  3. #2328
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    21,052

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Where is your source for that? I assume you are saying that the majority of illegal immigrants overstay their visas. I may have heard that before but I would love a source because it seems surprising.
    Lots of sources.

    Just one: http://cmsny.org/publications/jmhs-v...s-border-wall/

    I don’t think it I’d surprising at all. But I guess I could see how it would surprise someone that listened to a Trump rally or watches Fox News.

  4. #2329
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    5,014

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Because if “illegal immigration” as a whole is the problem - why make such a big deal about the wall instead of dealing with the method by which the vast majority of illegal immigrants remain in our country?
    You're beating up a straw man there. I think everyone is in favor of removing people who are here illegally regardless of how they got here. If you are hoping for some racism angle the vast majority of illegal immigrants are from Mexico and Central America (Vast Majority) regardless of how they got here. I would say that at least if they came in with a Visa they received some approval to be in the country. People crossing the border illegally have no such screening.

    We had an acquaintance recently that was deported for overstaying his visa. His girlfriend expected it would take him a few months to make it back across the border, but he was back within a month. I wonder if he would be counted as an overstay or a border crossing?

    My father in law is from El Salvador (Tech grad!) and some of his family still lives there. I had some discussions with him about the caravan and the conditions in El Salvador that people are fleeing and applying for asylum. He's probably more hard line on illegal immigration than I am, but certainly short of Dawg80's kill them all and let God sort them out policy.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  5. #2330
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    5,014

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Lots of sources.

    Just one: http://cmsny.org/publications/jmhs-v...s-border-wall/

    I don’t think it I’d surprising at all. But I guess I could see how it would surprise someone that listened to a Trump rally or watches Fox News.
    I don't listen to Trump rallys or watch fox news, but go ahead and attack. I was genuinely curious. I found some similar sources of my own. And less left wing than yours.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  6. #2331
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    21,052

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I don't listen to Trump rallys or watch fox news, but go ahead and attack. I was genuinely curious. I found some similar sources of my own. And less left wing than yours.
    The fact that you know Don Lemon said “chickenhead” or what that could even mean tells me that you tune into some extreme rightwing media.

  7. #2332
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    29,102

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post

    My father in law is from El Salvador (Tech grad!) and some of his family still lives there. I had some discussions with him about the caravan and the conditions in El Salvador that people are fleeing and applying for asylum. He's probably more hard line on illegal immigration than I am, but certainly short of Dawg80's kill them all and let God sort them out policy.
    I haven't quite progressed to the "kill them all" position yet. That implies being proactive. Nope. My official position is "let them kill themselves." Motion-detector machine guns/minefields are passive deterrents. You set them up...with fences and warning signs (in English)...and if some idiots choose to test the defensive systems and get killed, that's on them.

  8. #2333
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    21,052

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    You're beating up a straw man there. I think everyone is in favor of removing people who are here illegally regardless of how they got here. If you are hoping for some racism angle the vast majority of illegal immigrants are from Mexico and Central America (Vast Majority) regardless of how they got here. I would say that at least if they came in with a Visa they received some approval to be in the country. People crossing the border illegally have no such screening.
    Screening is over-rated. Sure it is better than not screening, but...

    “According to authorities, all of the hijackers who committed the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks were foreigners. All of them entered the country legally on a temporary visa, mostly tourist visas with entry permits for six months. Although four of them attended flight school in the United States, only one is known to have entered on an appropriate visa for such study, and one entered on an F-1 student visa. Besides the four pilots, all but one of the terrorists entered the United States only once and had been in the country for only three to five months before the attacks.”

    http://www.fairus.org/issue/national...911-terrorists

  9. #2334
    Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The fact that you know Don Lemon said “chickenhead” or what that could even mean tells me that you tune into some extreme rightwing media.
    I hadn't heard that he said that, but couldn't one gather that he said that from actually watching him on CNN? Or do you just assume everyone outside of you is brainwashed?

  10. #2335
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    21,052

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I hadn't heard that he said that, but couldn't one gather that he said that from actually watching him on CNN? Or do you just assume everyone outside of you is brainwashed?
    My assumption wasn’t a naked one. It was based on several other facts that made my theory far more likely than the alternative. The primary one being that you have to be a petty avid CNN watcher to purposely watch Don Lemon’s show and catch that line, the second most compelling reason is that the Daily Wire article on Lemon’s statement was trending at the time he made the post. The third is that I don’t think most white people would catch the reference in the context it was used.

    But even if he meant the word as it is sometimes used in slang vernacular, it isn’t a dog whistle - just an inappropriate insult meant in jest. It isn’t a statement meant to signal a specific message to a base that believes in the message.

  11. #2336
    Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    1,914

    Re: Immigration

    Its ok Guiss, we know, we know.


  12. #2337
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    5,014

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Screening is over-rated. Sure it is better than not screening, but...

    “According to authorities, all of the hijackers who committed the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks were foreigners. All of them entered the country legally on a temporary visa, mostly tourist visas with entry permits for six months. Although four of them attended flight school in the United States, only one is known to have entered on an appropriate visa for such study, and one entered on an F-1 student visa. Besides the four pilots, all but one of the terrorists entered the United States only once and had been in the country for only three to five months before the attacks.”

    http://www.fairus.org/issue/national...911-terrorists
    So because it doesn't work 100% of the time we shouldn't bother. That's what you are implying here.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  13. #2338
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    5,014

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The fact that you know Don Lemon said “chickenhead” or what that could even mean tells me that you tune into some extreme rightwing media.
    Don't be an idiot. I did not see him say it live, I saw the same stupid article you did (probably because it was trending). Apparently you are frequenting the same "extreme right wing media" that I am. My point was that it's idiotic to hold him accountable for using a phrase just because it has some negative connotation among a certain group of people. I guess that's too hard for you to understand though.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

  14. #2339
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    29,102

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Don't be an idiot. I did not see him say it live, I saw the same stupid article you did (probably because it was trending). Apparently you are frequenting the same "extreme right wing media" that I am. My point was that it's idiotic to hold him accountable for using a phrase just because it has some negative connotation among a certain group of people. I guess that's too hard for you to understand though.
    That's the very essence of PC.

  15. #2340
    Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your mind and under your skin
    Posts
    21,052

    Re: Immigration

    Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Don't be an idiot. I did not see him say it live, I saw the same stupid article you did (probably because it was trending). Apparently you are frequenting the same "extreme right wing media" that I am. My point was that it's idiotic to hold him accountable for using a phrase just because it has some negative connotation among a certain group of people. I guess that's too hard for you to understand though.
    I googled after your post and saw the top articles and when they were posted.

    Not that Lemon dogwhistled, but if someone does inadvertently dogwhistle and then learns that they did - that their language signaled their support of a cause that they don’t actually support - most reasonable people would clearly and unambiguously disavow any support for such a cause.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts