+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The fences, wall, and dogs will not stop, on their own, a determined band of home invaders. They will buy me enough time to access my deployed weapon(s). And I will stop them.
    Just how many people are trying invade your home?

And, other reasons to own guns? Well, we have clearly seen the guvmint can't be trusted.
    So are you going to open fire on the law-enforcement officers you revere? Or the servicemen you venerate?

But, none of that matters anyway. The Constitution grants me the right to own guns....and the rest is none of your damn business.
    Constitutions can be changed.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Only so much as to say "Duh!"

But, while a frequent flier is exposed to greater risk of dying in a plane crash, there are other reasons, other benefits, to fly so the frequent flier is weighing the benefits vs. that risk. Gun owners also analyze the risk. That is why I keep mine locked up....except for two tactically deployed guns I can get to in the event of a home invasion. But, no one, even given 24 hours, would find them....save demoing the house with sledgehammers. But that scenario is not what you are referring to. My soon-to-be-old-enough grandson is curious about guns....of course. He is 6 and he is a true red-blooded American boy. He cannot access my guns on his own.

I have high fences....and now a wall (I sent the construction bill to Mexico...)...and two killer dogs. The fences, wall, and dogs will not stop, on their own, a determined band of home invaders. They will buy me enough time to access my deployed weapon(s). And I will stop them.

And, other reasons to own guns? Well, we have clearly seen the guvmint can't be trusted.

But, none of that matters anyway. The Constitution grants me the right to own guns....and the rest is none of your damn business.
    I am not questioning the right to own guns, but I do question whether most gun owners truly understand the risk. Do they really understand that their household is less safe for having a gun in it? I doubt it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

1. Fortunately no one has attempted a home invasion....at least not to my knowledge. There have been incidents where my motion-detector spotlights come on, and the dogs go bonkers, barking/snarling at something on the other side of the wall. Now, they have killed several 'possums and one coon, so maybe that's all it's ever been. OR! it may have been home invaders who decided to find an easy mark. In any event, I had my weapon in hand.

2. If comes down to a tyrannical guvmint sending jack-booted thugs to attack me, then hell yeah, I'm opening fire. Those will NOT be law-enforcement officers or servicemen I venerate....those types wouldn't engage in an attack on a law-abiding citizen. They would be leftist thugs, brown shirts.

3. The Constitution can be amended, true. Until such time, any discussion of my not having an arsenal is moot.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Just how many people are trying invade your home?

So are you going to open fire on the law-enforcement officers you revere? Or the servicemen you venerate?

Constitutions can be changed.
    Champ, there are many reasons for a person to be prepared to protect himself during hard times. Do you have any idea of the absolute chaos that would ensue if our electrical grid were successfully attacked and shut down for even two weeks? And God only knows how bad things would get if it stayed down for a month. There’d be no water coming out of the faucets, no gas at the gas stations, no food at the grocery store, and there’d be marauders on the streets looking to take whatever they could from anyone that has anything. You’ll be one of the totally unprepared that will be at the door of someone who IS prepared begging for charity. If you’re lucky, you’ll find a charitable soul that will help you. If not, your fate will be up to your own ability to fend off attackers with whatever you can find to use as a weapon. Since most of the marauders will be armed, you won’t stand a chance.

My home will be protected by a group of excellent marksmen that are armed to the tee with weapons as well as a defense strategy, so we’ll at least have a fighting chance.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Champ, there are many reasons for a person to be prepared to protect himself during hard times. Do you have any idea of the absolute chaos that would ensue if our electrical grid were successfully attacked and shut down for even two weeks? And God only knows how bad things would get if it stayed down for a month. There’d be no water coming out of the faucets, no gas at the gas stations, no food at the grocery store, and there’d be marauders on the streets looking to take whatever they could from anyone that has anything. You’ll be one of the totally unprepared that will be at the door of someone who IS prepared begging for charity. If you’re lucky, you’ll find a charitable soul that will help you. If not, your fate will be up to your own ability to fend off attackers with whatever you can find to use as a weapon. Since most of the marauders will be armed, you won’t stand a chance.

My home will be protected by a group of excellent marksmen that are armed to the tee with weapons as well as a defense strategy, so we’ll at least have a fighting chance.
    That does sound like the best Christian response to an emergency.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I am not questioning the right to own guns, but I do question whether most gun owners truly understand the risk. Do they really understand that their household is less safe for having a gun in it? I doubt it.
    Total BS. You have not proof other than unscientific anti-gun "studies".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That does sound like the best Christian response to an emergency.
    I'm not worried about other Christians. They won't be the ones maraudering on the streets. Christians in need will humbly approach my compound, asking for some help, and being thankful for whatever I might provide.

No, it's the atheistic lefty criminals who will immediately resort to violence. It's the same ones who burn their communities when instructed to do so by George Soros. It's the same ones who think the rest of the world owes them everything now. Heck! I want to shoot 'em all now. I'll have no reservations at all about cutting loose on those thugs!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Total BS. You have not proof other than unscientific anti-gun "studies".
    These are stats largely done by epidemiologists. Their methods are described in the article. Do you have any real criticism of their method? You have posted absolutely nothing to counter the studies - just your wishes and prayers.

And their results make logical sense - why wouldn’t you be more likely to die of gun violence if you have a gun in your home? It seems kind of obvious, right?

And their results make logical sense - why wouldn’t you be more likely to die of gun violence if you have a gun in your home? It seems kind of obvious, right?
    And there are incidents, proven incidents, where a gun saved lives in a home. Those happenings are never reported by the anti-American lamestream media. I don't know for sure, since I have not personally conducted a primary research study, but using secondary research, the number of times a gun saved lives is less than the number of times an accident or some domestic violence took lives.

Well, I can better control the likelihood of a gun-related accident or a gun being used in some moment of heated passion, than I can criminal thugs attempting harm on me and my family. The likelihood of any scenario happening is as remote as winning the Power Ball jackpot. Or, maybe more likely....I think the odds of winning the Power Ball is something like 700 million to 1. Regardless of the actual statistical odds, I can CONTROL who has access to my guns in my home. If something happens, it'll be because I messed up. But, I won't mess up to that point. I have fail safes in place, such as the guns and the ammo being stored (locked up) separately.

Get it? I trust myself more than I trust that some thugs won't invade my home, or! that our guvmint won't become tyrannical. However remote thug home invasion and an out-of-control guvmint are, they are both MORE LIKELY to occur than one of my guns being used in an accident at home.

You mocked me when I related how my Dad taught my brother and I gun safety. I can still hear his voice firmly issuing instructions. Safety, safety, safety! Speaking of safeties...while we were on an active hunt, running our beagle hunting rabbit, my dad would constantly remind us "Safeties on." On my shotgun the safety could be switched with the right thumb, to marks colored red and green. Green meant the gun was active, could be fired. As in "good to go (shoot)." Just like I do now when I get into a vehicle...without thinking about it, I put on my seatbelt. HABITS are formed, might as well form good habits.

I taught my sons safety with guns, and my son and I will teach our grandsons safety too.

When did I mock you?

I agree that their are incidents where having a gun saved someone. And I guess there must be no lame stream media, because I read about them all the time. But sometimes focusing on the frees causes you to miss the forest, which in this case is the fact that each time someone uses a gun to protect himself, 10 people are killed by the firearm kept in their own home.

Control is illusory. The most likely ways people die from firearms are suicide, accident, and homicide by a close family member or acquaintance. Overconfidence in how much control people have over their own firearms is an enabler of those stats.

I agree keeping guns locked up and militant insistence on safety with firearms is a must. But you don’t want to be the fool that thinks that because of those factors you are in complete control.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

If not, your fate will be up to your own ability to fend off attackers with whatever you can find to use as a weapon. Since most of the marauders will be armed, you won’t stand a chance.
    Sorry, I didn't realize you were afraid of dying. I can see how that might change the calculus.

My soul is prepared.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realize you were afraid of dying. I can see how that might change the calculus.

My soul is prepared.
    That response is completely nonsensical. The fact that I'm prepared to defend myself does not mean I'm afraid. It simply means that I don't intend to surrender to a gang of thugs without a fight.

That response is completely nonsensical. The fact that I'm prepared to defend myself does not mean I'm afraid. It simply means that I don't intend to surrender to a gang of thugs without a fight.
    Someone in your house is more likely to be a victim of your gun than you are to ever use it on a gang of thugs.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone in your house is more likely to be a victim of your gun than you are to ever use it on a gang of thugs.
    So far, that was the case for me - someone was in my house was far more likely to be a victim of my gun, and he was not a family member or welcome in my house.

+ Reply to Thread