+ Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    So, how long does it take to process an asylum seeker? How do we determine if asylum is warranted?

I don't want anyone punished that has done things properly. I don't want people who have done things the right way to be bypassed by those that did not.

Is seeking asylum based on false pretenses considered illegal? I don't know how you avoid internment camps for these folks while you are trying to sort this stuff out. If they are truly asylum seekers running from unbearable and dangerous conditions, the food, shelter and order should be a welcome change for them.
    Months assuming the court itself isn’t backlogged. Certainly takes longer than 20 days.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

From what I've seen from visits to the border, the "optics" were a lie.
    Kids weren’t being separated from their parents?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

So, how long does it take to process an asylum seeker? How do we determine if asylum is warranted?

I don't want anyone punished that has done things properly. I don't want people who have done things the right way to be bypassed by those that did not.

Is seeking asylum based on false pretenses considered illegal? I don't know how you avoid internment camps for these folks while you are trying to sort this stuff out. If they are truly asylum seekers running from unbearable and dangerous conditions, the food, shelter and order should be a welcome change for them.
    I don't know firsthand, but in the realm of (legal) immigration law where I work, everyday, cut-and-dry, straightforward cases are taking forever. I can only imagine the turnaround on something as complicated as an asylum case.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    just gang members or even islamic

I don't know where to start, but I think maybe your classifying system here could use some thought.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Kids weren’t being separated from their parents?
    The optics of there being some sort of Auschwitz going on down in Texas on the border. It was overplayed and demagogued.

It was not a new process, but the rhetoric became overheated with the most irrational making references to certain "German" types.

I suspect these same folks are waiting for the marching orders from the media to hype up the next "crisis". I guess some types just like being jerked around and not thinking for themselves.

And for the record, I probably think less of Jeff Sessions than you do.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I don't know where to start, but I think maybe your classifying system here could use some thought.
    Yes it could. Sorry. Just caught up in the moment I guess. But my point, with more subtle thoughts, are somewhere in there.

The optics of there being some sort of Auschwitz going on down in Texas on the border. It was overplayed and demagogued.

It was not a new process, but the rhetoric became overheated with the most irrational making references to certain "German" types.

I suspect these same folks are waiting for the marching orders from the media to hype up the next "crisis". I guess some types just like being jerked around and not thinking for themselves.

And for the record, I probably think less of Jeff Sessions than you do.
    For the life of me I cannot understand why you guys are so caught up over the idea of cages. Sure cages are really bad, but being a kid ripped apart and separated from your family is so much worse.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

For the life of me I cannot understand why you guys are so caught up over the idea of cages. Sure cages are really bad, but being a kid ripped apart and separated from your family is so much worse.
    I agree with ripping apart of families, however on the drive home listening to DFW radio, they were saying that when they "temporarily" separate the kids from their "parents" they interview them. Problem is that there were several instances of where the "parents" and "kids" answers did not match up. Yes this is a stressful time, but basic family questions should match. Maybe DNA testing is needed? I would not be surprised if adults were using kids as pawns to claim family status to get into U.S.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

The cages were the optics the MSM was treating us to. The "cages" used to process a whole bunch of folks that decided to migrate here without proper authorization.

How else do you propose to process these people? Hand them a summons when they cross, provide them an apartment (furnished) and hope the child really belongs with the person that claims to be the parent? What if the person saying they are the parent is not really the parent?

Border patrol seems to be a very difficult job. I am sure your "ripped apart" statement is meant to be inflammatory. But, every year children are "ripped apart and separated" from their families when they go to summer camp.

Creating an attractive nusiance (lax immigration enforcement) that causes the families to trek a thousand miles through dangerous country using dangerous forms of travel and having to deal with gangs on the other side of the border is much worse. But you don't want to fix that, do you?

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Father of Honduran 2 year old "face of family separation" speaks out
    quote:

The father of the Honduran girl who became the face of the family separation crisis has revealed that he still has not been in touch with his wife or daughter but was happy to learn they are safe.

Denis Javier Varela Hernandez, 32, said that he had not heard from his wife Sandra, 32, who was with his two-year-old daughter Yanela Denise, for nearly three weeks until he saw the image of them being apprehended in Texas.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Hernandez, who lives in Puerto Cortes, Honduras, says that he was told yesterday that his wife and child are being detained at a family residential center in Texas but are together and are doing 'fine.'

'You can imagine how I felt when I saw that photo of my daughter. It broke my heart. It's difficult as a father to see that, but I know now that they are not in danger. They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border,' he said.

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.

He revealed that his wife had previously mentioned her wish to go to the United States for a 'better future' but did not tell him nor any of their family members that she was planning to make the trek.

'I didn't support it. I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that? But it was her decision at the end of the day.'

He said that Sandra had always wanted to experience 'the American dream' and hoped to find a good job in the States.

Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes,
    explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum.

He said that Sandra set out on the 1,800-mile journey with the baby girl on June 3, at 6am, and he has not heard from her since.

'I never got the chance to say goodbye to my daughter and now all I can do is wait', he said, adding that he hopes they are eith
    er granted political asylum or are sent back home.

It's a shame that we have to get the real news from British news outlets. U.S. media is so enraged with getting Trump that things like this will never be heard. Even Schumer said he did not want any new immigration legislation because he wanted to keep the focus on Trump. So democrats really don't have these peoples best interest at heart, they are just using this to keep pressure up on Trump to make him look bad heading into the Nov elections.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...peaks-out.html

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post

Father of Honduran 2 year old "face of family separation" speaks out
    quote:

The father of the Honduran girl who became the face of the family separation crisis has revealed that he still has not been in touch with his wife or daughter but was happy to learn they are safe.

Denis Javier Varela Hernandez, 32, said that he had not heard from his wife Sandra, 32, who was with his two-year-old daughter Yanela Denise, for nearly three weeks until he saw the image of them being apprehended in Texas.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Hernandez, who lives in Puerto Cortes, Honduras, says that he was told yesterday that his wife and child are being detained at a family residential center in Texas but are together and are doing 'fine.'

'You can imagine how I felt when I saw that photo of my daughter. It broke my heart. It's difficult as a father to see that, but I know now that they are not in danger. They are safer now than when they were making that journey to the border,' he said.

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.

It's a shame that we have to get the real news from British news outlets. U.S. media is so enraged with getting Trump that things like this will never be heard. Even Schumer said he did not want any new immigration legislation because he wanted to keep the focus on Trump. So democrats really don't have these peoples best interest at heart, they are just using this to keep pressure up on Trump to make him look bad heading into the Nov elections.
    Not shocked at all by this.

Liberals don't care about people at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I agree with ripping apart of families, however on the drive home listening to DFW radio, they were saying that when they "temporarily" separate the kids from their "parents" they interview them. Problem is that there were several instances of where the "parents" and "kids" answers did not match up. Yes this is a stressful time, but basic family questions should match. Maybe DNA testing is needed? I would not be surprised if adults were using kids as pawns to claim family status to get into U.S.
    What kinds of questions? There already is a process for proving relationship in the court system.

What kinds of questions? There already is a process for proving relationship in the court system.
    They didn't elaborate on the radio what the questions were other than basic questions that family members would know. I'm guessing home, favorite thing to do etc. Wouldn't you rather identify people who are using kids to get into U.S. who are not family members? who may have kidnapped them? Would you want to return them to these people and let them go in U.S.? Sex trafficking is huge in U.S. and Shreveport is a major hub believe it or not.

How long after crossing the border does that happen in the court system?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

As it should be.

Voters: Parents to blame
    for separation of kids at border

Poll finds only 1 in 3 convinced government more at fault

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/#meIoyMsT899CdRxJ.99

+ Reply to Thread