+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 243 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Immigration

I am kind of surprised that Lindsay Graham said he thought Trump should declare a national emergency. He is certainly smart enough (though Trump doesn’t care) that such a precedent would allow the next Dem president to circumvent congress on guns, health care of climate change by declaring national emergency.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I am kind of surprised that Lindsay Graham said he thought Trump should declare a national emergency. He is certainly smart enough (though Trump doesn’t care) that such a precedent would allow the next Dem president to circumvent congress on guns, health care of climate change by declaring national emergency.
    Somebody like Obama declaring a national emergency and try to take guns. That would be fun to watch.

Climate change? What is that taxing gasoline and oil production to encourage more anarchy?

Heath care? That has already happened. It can't be screwed up any more than it is now.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Somebody like Obama declaring a national emergency and try to take guns. That would be fun to watch.

Climate change? What is that taxing gasoline and oil production to encourage more anarchy?

Heath care? That has already happened. It can't be screwed up any more than it is now.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

Anything can happen if the president circumvents congress over non-emergencies under the banner of “emergency.”

Some actual immigration facts to chew on:

Most Illegal Alien Terrorists Overstayed Their Visas. Most of the terrorists in the country illegally when they committed their crimes had overstayed temporary visas. Of the 12 who were illegal aliens when they took part in terrorism, seven were visa overstayers. These include two conspirators in the first World Trade Center attack, Mohammed Salameh and Eyad Ismoil. Others who took part in terrorism and had overstayed visas were Lafi Khalil, who was involved in the New York subway bomb plot, and four of the 9/11 terrorists: Zacarias Moussaoui 4, Satam al Suqami, Nawaf al Hamzi, and Hani Hanjour.

Some Illegal Alien Terrorists Crossed the Border Illegally. Overstaying a non-immigrant visa is not the only way illegal alien terrorists have entered and remained in the country. Subway bomber Gazi Ibrahim Abu Mezer was caught trying to sneak across the Canadian border, and because of a lack of detention space, he was paroled into the U.S. Abdelghani Meskini and Abdel Hakim Tizegha, who both took part in the millennium plot, had been stowaways on ships from Algeria at different times. After having been denied asylum, Tizegha moved to Canada, but he later returned to the United States by sneaking across the Washington state border. Two other terrorists tried to enter the country illegally using false passports: Ahmad Ajaj, who tried to enter using a false Swedish passport and was detained at JFK airport, and Ahmed Ressam, who was caught at the Canadian border trying to enter using a false Canadian passport. Clearly, overstaying a visa is not the only way terrorists with no legal right to be in the country have tried to enter or remain in the United States.

They were visa over stayers because they were protected in sanctuary cities and states. You are all good with that right?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Well, I think this is part of the whole package. Wherever you have populated areas close to the border, you need a physical border to keep someone from just walking over and mingling into the existing population. NOBODY is proposing building a wall along the entire southern border. You know that (at least I think you should know that), but continue to argue as if you don't.

By the time something like your high-tech solution informed someone that an illegal crossing was made into a populated area, it would be too late.

As for me, I hope Trump doesn't go the national emergency route. Of course, I hope the dems actually take an interest in governing instead of just resisting and pretending they are outraged (about something they have voted for numerous times in the past). Every time I think the repubs are horrible, the dems top them.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

You guys see this video yet?

CNN's Jim Acosta mocked for accidentally proving that border walls work

11 hours ago - CNN's Jim Acosta takes heat after showing border fence just might be working. ... CNN’s Jim Acosta was mocked across social media on Thursday for posting a video that was meant to downplay President Trump's claims of a border crisis -- but ended up supporting his argument that

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Well, I think this is part of the whole package. Wherever you have populated areas close to the border, you need a physical border to keep someone from just walking over and mingling into the existing population. NOBODY is proposing building a wall along the entire southern border. You know that (at least I think you should know that), but continue to argue as if you don't.

By the time something like your high-tech solution informed someone that an illegal crossing was made into a populated area, it would be too late.

As for me, I hope Trump doesn't go the national emergency route. Of course, I hope the dems actually take an interest in governing instead of just resisting and pretending they are outraged (about something they have voted for numerous times in the past). Every time I think the repubs are horrible, the dems top them.
    Which of those populated areas doesn’t already have a physical border?

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They were visa over stayers because they were protected in sanctuary cities and states. You are all good with that right?
    Visa overstayers stay in cities that aren’t sanctuary cities too. There really isn’t much of a correlation there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Saw a blurb from a dem congressman, didn't catch his name, who shrugged when asked about the shutdown vs the wall. He was in a group of congresspersons, reporters thrusting mics at 'em and shouting questions, he essentially commented, "well, having a wall may not solve all the problems but it certainly can't hurt."

And there was a DNC operative, former advisor for Billy Klinton and obummer, who agrees the whole mess is ridiculous and that Pelosi and Schumer should just make a deal, get the government open (fully, since it's already mostly open), give Trump $5 billion and move on.

Glimmers of hope...

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Which of those populated areas doesn’t already have a physical border?
    The ones identified by the border patrol, the Obama border patrol official, both Obama's and Trump's homeland security departments, and until now the entire media and most of the democrats.

If you trust none of them, then I guess you are just smarter than everyone else.

Amazes me how quickly people become partisan lemmings.

The ones identified by the border patrol, the Obama border patrol official, both Obama's and Trump's homeland security departments, and until now the entire media and most of the democrats.

If you trust none of them, then I guess you are just smarter than everyone else.

Amazes me how quickly people become partisan lemmings.
    So you don’t know the answer to my question?

Asking questions doesn’t make one a lemming. Inquiry is the opposite of belief.

So you don’t know the answer to my question?

Asking questions doesn’t make one a lemming. Inquiry is the opposite of belief.
    I have no idea. I just have to trust that the people in both administrations and both parties (prior to this political stunt) know where that border is needed. I have no desire to get into the weeds about where the wall is and is not....that is what our border patrol and department of homeland security are for. In this case, I have to accept that two administrations and two sets of administration officials said the same thing, and they agree upon virtually nothing else. I suppose if we cannot trust the people who are charged with border security about the border, we shouldn't trust the TSA or the FDA either, so why ever reopen the government and waste all that money paying them?

My guess is there are not only areas without a wall next to populated areas, but that there are substandard walls (like the ones that can be tunneled under or climbed over) as well that need to be replaced. I also understand that the border patrol has asked for something that they can see through, so it is likely they want to replace concrete and sheet metal walls like I have seen on TV with steel slats or something like that.

You are here arguing against a barrier that almost everyone agrees is needed (until it became a political football). You know that this is being opposed ONLY because it was a Trump campaign promise, and the folks opposing it are actually in favor of it, or have indicated they are in favor of it in the past. This is just a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If your question was sincere, I apologize for calling you a lemming.

I have no idea. I just have to trust that the people in both administrations and both parties (prior to this political stunt) know where that border is needed. I have no desire to get into the weeds about where the wall is and is not....that is what our border patrol and department of homeland security are for. In this case, I have to accept that two administrations and two sets of administration officials said the same thing, and they agree upon virtually nothing else. I suppose if we cannot trust the people who are charged with border security about the border, we shouldn't trust the TSA or the FDA either, so why ever reopen the government and waste all that money paying them?

My guess is there are not only areas without a wall next to populated areas, but that there are substandard walls (like the ones that I can be tunneled under or climbed over) as well that need to be replaced. I also understand that the border patrol has asked for something that they can see through, so it is likely they want to replace concrete and sheet metal walls like I have seen on TV with steel slats or something like that.

You are here arguing against a barrier that almost everyone agrees is needed (until it became a political football). You know that this is being opposed ONLY because it was a Trump campaign promise, and the folks opposing it are actually in favor of it, or have indicated they are in favor of it in the past. This is just a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If your question was sincere, I apologize for calling you a lemming.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.eco...ampf=undefined

+ Reply to Thread