+ Reply to Thread
Page 236 of 243 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3635

Thread: Immigration

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So I don't have to read all of that...can someone provide a summary of the pertinent aspects of this?

Thanks in advance.
    In all of 3 minutes, they agreed to go back to what was allowed for Spring.

You could maintain status whether in the U.S. or abroad by taking online classes if your school went online only (there still needs to be a lot of clarity - many schools are planning to reopen in Fall with a mix on online, hybrid, and in-person courses and it's not clear if this will apply to students at those schools).

But the worst part of the July 6th guidance is gone - if a school has to pivot to online only mid-semester, the international students would not be forced to leave the U.S. The online courses could meet their requirement for fulltime enrollment (normally you can only count one online course towards your mandatory fulltime enrollment requirement each term).

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation. As I posted previously some common sense compromise is needed to accommodate students here on visas.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your above totally but this type horror keeps happening.

Last Update 38 mins ago

Houston police officer dead, 1 hurt; illegal immigrant suspect in custody

Chief Art Acevedo said a suspect was taken into custody 'without further incident'

An illegal immigrant from El Salvador was in custody Tuesday after one Houston police officer was shot and killed and another wounded at a southwest Houston apartment complex, authorities said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-p...ers-shot-texas

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know, it is sickening how much violent crime is committed by illegals. Of course, they are a "living crime" by their very existence being here....ILLEGALLY. NOTE: this is addressed to Goosey..."ILLEGAL" indicates it is against a law, thereby the perpetrators are "criminals." When confronted by law enforcement such criminals are prone to react violently since they know they will now be subjected to prosecution and they think they might as well fight it out. Yes, we see this with domestic criminals too. Such as "the gentle giant" and others... so it shouldn't come as a surprise that foreign thugs will engage in violence. Difference is we don't have to tolerate ILLEGALS being here in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I understand your above totally but this type horror keeps happening.

Last Update 38 mins ago

Houston police officer dead, 1 hurt; illegal immigrant suspect in custody

Chief Art Acevedo said a suspect was taken into custody 'without further incident'

An illegal immigrant from El Salvador was in custody Tuesday after one Houston police officer was shot and killed and another wounded at a southwest Houston apartment complex, authorities said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-p...ers-shot-texas
    Tragic, and totally unrelated.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

What I noticed about many of the articles in that "online magazine" is that they were critical of the Trump admin budget cuts to support various Christian organizations and projects. I give money to church and religious organizations, I don't expect the government to do it. I have a good friend who started an orphanage in Zambia for children who's parents died of aids. They have many homes built where children live in a safe/clean environment where they have a "house mother" who helps look after them and get them to school etc. We sponsor two little girls 11 and 8. In addition to monthly giving, we also provide them with "care packages" multiple times throughout the year and at Christmas. I think it is the responsibility of Christian organizations to show God's love in this way and Christians responsibility to give to those groups. They can do more with $$ than governments can. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    What I noticed about many of the articles in that "online magazine" is that they were critical of the Trump admin budget cuts to support various Christian organizations and projects. I give money to church and religious organizations, I don't expect the government to do it. I have a good friend who started an orphanage in Zambia for children who's parents died of aids. They have many homes built where children live in a safe/clean environment where they have a "house mother" who helps look after them and get them to school etc. We sponsor two little girls 11 and 8. In addition to monthly giving, we also provide them with "care packages" multiple times throughout the year and at Christmas. I think it is the responsibility of Christian organizations to show God's love in this way and Christians responsibility to give to those groups. They can do more with $$ than governments can. IMO.
    I'm sure the budget cuts hurt. But the main issue is that those organizations have developed in order to help refugees. If we aren't admitting refugees, it certainly makes sense for the government to no longer help with funding. When we are admitting refugees, the non-profit partnerships make things work much more effectively and efficiently than just the government alone (as you rightly point out, not always the most efficient entity).

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm sure the budget cuts hurt. But the main issue is that those organizations have developed in order to help refugees. If we aren't admitting refugees, it certainly makes sense for the government to no longer help with funding. When we are admitting refugees, the non-profit partnerships make things work much more effectively and efficiently than just the government alone (as you rightly point out, not always the most efficient entity).
    Hopefully this is only a temporary thing. I understand that we need to bring in and help refugees. I believe that they should be vetted where possible, and I would prefer that whatever organization is going to "sponsor" them have a plan in place, so that they are not dependent upon the government. I would like to see them to be setup for success rather than being a welfare recipient. That's no way to live, even for refugees. Ideally the sponsoring organization would have job avenues and leads setup for those able to work, and temporary housing that the organization helps to subsidize. There is a mission place in Arlington that was started by a couple decades ago.. I think it is called Mission Arlington. anyway it started very small and has grown through donations etc. that they now have a quite large apartment complex that people can stay at while getting on their feet. Unfortunately Katrina refugees virtually destroyed this place when they came here for the storm. They literally threw feces on the walls and doors of the apartment complex.. destroyed windows, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    There is a mission place in Arlington that was started by a couple decades ago.. I think it is called Mission Arlington.
    Yep. I could walk there from where I sit now.

Great organization.

Typically there is a mix a charitable and governmental aid for refugees. But first you've got to actually let some in.

The Left, the media, even obummer! are screaming the China virus is the single most important issue (crisis) we currently face. Therefore it is absolutely reckless and dangerous to allow ANY immigrants to enter our country right now.

Biden said last night that the 500-pair of parents cannot be found. Well, maybe now that Biden said that on national TV word will get back to them, wherever they may be hiding, and they'll come forward to claim their children.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Biden said last night that the 500-pair of parents cannot be found. Well, maybe now that Biden said that on national TV word will get back to them, wherever they may be hiding, and they'll come forward to claim their children.
    Trump doesn’t see any problem because their cages are clean.

“They are so well taken care of. They’re in facilities that were so clean."

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Trump doesn’t see any problem because their cages are clean.

“They are so well taken care of. They’re in facilities that were so clean."
    The Biden/Obama cages? I don't think anyone has actually linked that policy to Trump.

But you are easily duped, so keep on keeping on.

+ Reply to Thread