+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student Center

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Student Center

Anybody know when the stupid construction work is gonna be done right there between the student center and tolliver??? It has looked EXACTLY THE SAME since November.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

Re: Student Center

I ask myself the same thing each time i walk by it . . .

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Why do people keep stealing my signature??? Shame on you, Jen! ;^)

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

haha hush it . . . he really inspired me and got me ready for basketball season!

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Anybody know when the stupid construction work is gonna be done right there between the student center and tolliver??? It has looked EXACTLY THE SAME since November.
    Having not been in that area for quite some time, what is actually being contructed?

I think they are rebricking right in front of the steps to the student center. They tore it all up at the beginning of november, and nothing has happened since.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

They've been doing construction there since i was there back in 99...you see them pull up bricks and lay them back down...not really sure what they actually are doing.

wasting time and money . . .

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I'm going to guess since that area always has a lot of standing water when it rains, they're doing something to help that. I had noticed the bricks in that area were faded and hard to read, presumably from the constant water.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

drainage.

it needs it . . . but why is it taking so long for them to do it?

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

It is due to the fact that when the bricks were originally put down, it did not allow for proper drainage in that spot. Mr. Wayne Brooks is working on this and it was inherited from me when I got sick. The main problem is that you cannot find a bricklayer who wants to work on such a small project. They can make alot of money doing work elsewhere.

I believe that Mr. Brooks thought he had someone lined up and the bricks were taken out to repair and then the bricklayer quit. I had the same problem when I was trying to get drainage corrected and incorrect bricks replaced.

People will call when they get a divorce and want their brick changed back to their maiden name and then later to their new married name. It is quite a project.

If you happen to know anyone who knows how to lay bricks and is needing work, let Mr. Wayne Brooks know. He can be reached through the Student Life Office (257-3396) or talk with Mr. Dickie Crawford. They want this done as bad as the rest of you.

Galen Rockett

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Sounds like a job for the Kool-Aid man. :icon_wink:

I think he runs a brick business in Ruston and sponsors the EBRCP hour on ESPN 97.7

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post
    People will call when they get a divorce and want their brick changed back to their maiden name and then later to their new married name. It is quite a project.
    Hey Galen. Thanks for the info.
    Please tell me these bricks are being replaced for a monetary charge.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    and sponsors the EBRCP hour on ESPN 97.7

i sponser the dooley hour!

i can fax him a list of bricklayers with nearly 50 names on it.

+ Reply to Thread