+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How soon before there will be

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

How soon before there will be

a female president? Hillary could win this next time. Someday Condoleeza Rice?

a black president? Obama could win this next time. Or someday Colin Powell or Condoleeza Rice?

a non-Christian president? Has there been one yet? Romney? Lieberman?

an atheist president? It would probably take a couple of incidents to get one in, much like how Gerald Ford got in the first time.

a gay president? Same as above.

What other firsts are there? Hispanic, asian, etc.

Just something that was floating around in my head this morning.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: How soon before there will be

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad View Post

a black president? Obama could win this next time. Or someday Colin Powell or Condoleeza Rice?

an atheist president? It would probably take a couple of incidents to get one in, much like how Gerald Ford got in the first time.

I don't think we will see Hillary ever. I don't think C. Rice will ever be pres. Doubtful on Obama ever for many reason including the fact that he is Muslim. We have already had a non-Christian when we had Bill Clinton. I doubt a true atheist will ever get elected. We may have already had a gay president in the closet - who knows.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad View Post

Personally......
    I believe it is long past time for any of the above.

But I would gladly take Snow (or Boxer if needed) over Hilliary......
    Powell in a walk over Obama, and SCREW condi......
    And Barney Frank, without a moment's hesitation over any of the above.
    BTW...... Jerrerson was America's first "non-christian" president.

BUT AMERICAN MYOPIA AND REALITY......
    Being what it has ALWAYS BEEN......
    It is virtually certain that our next president will be another WHITE MALE.

But may I suggest 2 POINTS grounded in modern political reality?

POINT #1......
    According to conservative estimates, the LEGAL MAJORITY POPULATION in America will be Hispanic by 2023.
    Ergo it is not any leap of logic to assume that the first president who is not a WHITE MALE, will be an HISPANIC MALE...... With a significant HISPANIC senate and house majority to plot America's future forward.

POINT #2......
    No matter the gender or race or religion or sexual preference of ANY FUTURE PRESIDENT...... The lowest bar for stupidity and arrogance for an american president has already been measured and set in stone shortsightedness by little george AND ALL WHO VOTED him TWICE......
    And it is highly unlikely that even lazy trailer trash voters or energetic evangelicals could ever repeat their more than obvious mistake twice in the same echo of shame.

JUST MY NHO!
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I don't think we will see Hillary ever. I don't think C. Rice will ever be pres. Doubtful on Obama ever for many reason including the fact that he is Muslim. We have already had a non-Christian when we had Bill Clinton. I doubt a true atheist will ever get elected. We may have already had a gay president in the closet - who knows.
    obama isn't a muslim, he is a member of the united church of Christ.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Anyone but the current idiot would be fine with me.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Depending on how you count them, there have been several non-Christian presidents. Jefferson for sure. Adams was basically Unitarian (hard to be sure how to count him). Ike was raised a JW, but was baptized as a Presbyterian right after he took office.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Depending on how you count them, there have been several non-Christian presidents. Jefferson for sure. Adams was basically Unitarian (hard to be sure how to count him). Ike was raised a JW, but was baptized as a Presbyterian right after he took office.
    Jehovah's Witness can't serve in the military???

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Boy, you managed to get several lies in this post..... Good job.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Jehovah's Witness can't serve in the military???
    Ike was a bit vague about his religion, but he seems to have left the JWs when he went to West Point. They don't believe in having anything to do with secular government -- no saluting the flag, serving in the military, being in government, etc.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

I think Dwight, his Dad and the brothers were nominal members -- his Mom seems to have been the one that was a "true believer" in Jehovah's Witnesses. If I recall correctly I think the Eisenhower men sort of lost faith after the promised "return" in 1914 didn't take place. Of course, Ike was at West Point by that time, so he'd probably already rejected the doctrines. All I've read seems to indicate it was sort of "Mommy making him go" in those years for Ike.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    obama isn't a muslim, he is a member of the united church of Christ.
    I have heard him trying to disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post
    Boy, you managed to get several lies in this post..... Good job.
    Why don't you point them out for me. The only one I know of that may or may not be true is Obama. There are people that are saying either way. I think if he really wasn't we would hear more about it. I don't care one way or the other - he will not be president either way.

I don't see how you can argue with my opinion on anything else. And please don't argue that because you have seen Bill walk in a church he is a Christian. We are known by our fruits, and we have all seen his.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

I have heard him trying to disconnect.
    i don't understand what you mean by 'trying to disconnect.'

[quote=Cal&Ken;478504]Why don't you point them out for me. The only one I know of that may or may not be true is Obama. There are people that are saying either way. I think if he really wasn't we would hear more about it. I don't care one way or the other - he will not be president either way.

I don't see how you can argue with my opinion on anything else. And please don't argue that because you have seen Bill walk in a church he is a Christian. We are known by our infidelity is not something that negates one's christianity (i don't claim clinton is or isn't). as i understand it he is technically a baptist but i don't think any of us can claim to know his relationship to God.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I thought breaking the rules and saying that you don't is what being a Baptist was all about. Go figger??
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread