+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How soon before there will be

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Re: How soon before there will be

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I have to disagree there. I believe it talks about your body being a temple - I don't think there should be smoke in the "temple". Of course the same can be said for overeating and in general not taking care of your body.
    you can disagree but i said 'specifically' and the bible doess not directly address smoking like it does drunkeness. smoking is bad for you just like eating a whole carton of ice cream in one sitting is...i'm sure God doesn't smile on either, but it is neither is a practice that would cause me to call into question a person's standing with God.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Or eating ANYTHING that is unhealthy.
    basically, that is right. i'm pretty sure this and smoking fall under the category of 'all things are permissible to me but not all things are beneficial.'

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Except the latest studies show that drinking alcohol regularly (but in moderate quanitites) has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Except the latest studies show that drinking alcohol regularly (but in moderate quanitites) has beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system.
    the only thing i mentioned about alcohol was drunkeness. and i am aware of the studies. drinking is not the practice i was addressing...smoking was. that is what i feel falls into the 'all things permissible...' category.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    the only thing i mentioned about alcohol was drunkeness. and i am aware of the studies. drinking is not the practice i was addressing...smoking was. that is what i feel falls into the 'all things permissible...' category.
    Sorry, I was not directing the previous comment to you specifically.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Sorry, I was not directing the previous comment to you specifically.
    no problem. just clarifying my position. it is, by the way, after talking to several of my friends at the seminary, a position that a surprising amount of future baptist ministers have little problem with.

What do they think about dancing? Maybe there is hope for Baptist receptions yet...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Eventually future baptist ministers become baptist ministers and are "subject" to decon boards, convention leaders, and the layity.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

What do they think about dancing? Maybe there is hope for Baptist receptions yet...
    i'm good with everything but riverdance. michael flatly is clearly evil.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Eventually future baptist ministers become baptist ministers and are "subject" to decon boards, convention leaders, and the layity.
    just one more reason that i'll not be working in a church.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    just one more reason that i'll not be working in a church.
    Everybody's under someone's authority - even business owners report to customers/clients or they don't have too much return patronage.

the reason i said what i did was because it is usually the folks on these committees who make the yolk of Christ heavy. they say you can't do things that God never addresses in scripture. Christ came to save the world not condemn it (jn 3:17) and when we as a church make up sins that we cannot prove scripturally we turn Christ into a 'condemner.'

i shouldn't say i will never work in a church because God will put me where he wants me. but wherever that is i will believe what i believe and what God says is going to take priority over anything said by men.

+ Reply to Thread