+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rudy/Abortion

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Rudy/Abortion

Talk about weak on abortion.

From the article: But "in a country like ours, where people of good faith, people who are equally decent ... I believe you have to respect their view point. Give them a level of choice. ... Their conscience is as strong as yours," Giuliani said, which is why "I would grant women the right to make that choice" to have an abortion.

The bolded statement really worries me.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

who would have thought that a pro-choice candidate would have come off weak on abortion?

it really blows my mind that this guy is the republican frontrunner.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sik-m-boi View Post
    who would have thought that a pro-choice candidate would have come off weak on abortion?

it really blows my mind that this guy is the republican frontrunner.
    I'm not surprised considering the opposition.

However, when F-T enters in June/July and RG is still far ahead, then I will be surprised.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

HOUSTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Rudolph Giuliani, under fire from conservatives for his support of abortion rights, defended his views on Friday but said there were other important issues in the 2008 White House race.

The former mayor of New York City and the leader in national polls for the Republican nomination argued the fight against international terrorism and preserving the free-market economy are too crucial to let one issue divide Republicans.

"I disagree with myself sometimes, and I change my mind sometimes," Giuliani said to laughter as he addressed a largely anti-abortion audience at Houston Baptist University.
    The lone candidate in the Republican field to support a woman's right to an abortion, Giuliani was criticized for appearing to vacillate on the issue in last week's debate in California. Asked whether the landmark abortion case Roe v. Wade should be overturned, Giuliani said it would be OK either way but that he would appoint judges and let them do their job.

On Friday, Giuliani restated his personal opposition to abortion but support of a woman's right to choose.

"It's a difficult issue," he said.

He sought to defuse the potent subject that could harm his chances of winning over primary voters who tend to be more conservative, saying Republicans risk losing the White House if they allow themselves to be divided.

"If we don't find a way of unifying around broad principles ... we're going to lose this election," Giuliani said.

And he called for more respect between people who have good-faith disagreements about issues.

"Those principles come from God, and that's why we're so lucky," he said.
    A member of the audience, Carla Cox, who said she was firmly against abortion and skeptical of Giuliani, praised his appearance.

"He was a lot warmer than he comes across on television," said Cox, a marketing director for a home health care company. "His authenticity doesn't have a chance to come across in those sound bites."
    A very interesting position. He is making it two separate issues: 1. abortion is morally wrong 2. states rights/ individual's right to privacy

Not sure if that is going to fly.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

this might not exactly be in line with the spirit of this thread, but does it make you at all uncomfortable that this 'man' may one day run our country?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I wish he were MORE pro-choice, but - eh? - its a compromise.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    A very interesting position. He is making it two separate issues: 1. abortion is morally wrong 2. states rights/ individual's right to privacy

Not sure if that is going to fly.
    that's what democrats have been saying for years to make themselves sound less pro-abortion. nothing new about it, except it has been a while since a republican frontrunner has done it.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    that's what democrats have been saying for years to make themselves sound less pro-abortion. nothing new about it, except it has been a while since a republican frontrunner has done it.
    "to make themselves sound less pro-abortion"......

I could not agree with you more regarding the current Rudy political "abortion" tap dancing.

But I am more than tired of hearing PRO-NOTHING AFTER THE MOMENT OF BIRTH ZEALOTS OF YOUR ILK...... Continuouisly attempting to paint PRO-CHOICE as PRO-ABORTION.

PRO-CHOICE IN NO WAY IMPLIES PRO-ABORTION.

BUT PRO-LIFE does imply LIFE...... And not simply BIRTH.

IF YOU, ARKANSASBOB......
    Would honestly like to discuss any alleged PRO-LIFE/BIRTH TO DEATH commitment YOU sincerely believe extends beyond YOUR trite "one slap on the ass/one breath" philosophy......
    And would care to DEFINE YOUR STANCE IN DETAIL......
    I am precisely the fellow with whom you have been looking to lock little grey cell horns......
    With a NO PRISONERS mentality dominating the field of debate/battle.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post

I could not agree with you more regarding the current Rudy political "abortion" tap dancing.

But I am more than tired of hearing PRO-NOTHING AFTER THE MOMENT OF BIRTH ZEALOTS OF YOUR ILK...... Continuouisly attempting to paint PRO-CHOICE as PRO-ABORTION.

Would honestly like to discuss any alleged PRO-LIFE/BIRTH TO DEATH commitment YOU sincerely believe extends beyond YOUR trite "one slap on the ass/one breath" philosophy......
    I am precisely the fellow with whom you have been looking to lock little grey cell horns......
    It is now time to FISH......
    Unless you prefer to only pretend cutting ARKANSASBOB BAIT!

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i'm glad you agree.

i am more than tired of reading the same accusations from spinoza with nothing to back them up.

you are correct that the words "pro-choice" do not imply pro-abortion, but that does not change the fact that many who call themselves pro-choice are, in deed, pro-abortion.

quite true.

my stance, without much detail, because i don't think much is required:
    life on earth begins at conception. the right to life is the most valuable right. we should do all we can to protect that right for ALL humans, to the greatest exent possible.

i can give a detailed explanation of how i come to each of those three conclusions, but it will require more time than i have tonight.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i am more than tired of reading the same accusations from spinoza with nothing to back them up.

If you put him on ignore like I have done you don't have to read anything he says.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Ignorance is bliss.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    If you put him on ignore like I have done you don't have to read anything he says.
    Don't you just hate it when people quote him though - and you kinda have to accidentally read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    As we both KNOW, Gus......

The statement "IGNORANCE IS BLISS" is based on a rather convoluted pyramid of philosophical premise.

But the tautological tallyho taste of "IGNORANCE IS INGORANCE"......
    Is more than capable of DANCING NAKED in any crowd where NUDITY IS NUDITY and nothing subjectively more.

+ Reply to Thread