+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm getting married in 3 weeks, any advice?

Varsity Bulldog big_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nice big_crazy_jake's Avatar

Thumbs Up I'm getting married in 3 weeks, any advice?

I noticed the board has been a little dormant for a little while.

I'm getting married in 3 weeks, and I was wondering if you guys that are "experts" in this field had some useful advice. I figured I could learn alot from those of you who have experience. And with most of us being of like-mindedness (if there is such a word), I figured ya'll could give some nuggets of wisdom to help my marriage be successful.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: I'm getting married in 3 weeks, any advice?

DON'T DO IT!!!!!

....j/k (or am I?)
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Eat something at the reception...there was ZERO groom's cake left by the time we were done shaking hands.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Join CHAMPS now!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

Rrrruuuunnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. I just got married myself (2nd time) in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Hope you're as happy as I am in your marriage.

But just in case,

1. Remember these phrases, "Yes, dear. I'm sorry, dear. My fault, dear."
    2. Never, ever take the first choice when she gives you options. She'll think you're not putting thought into it.

Dawgyinmiami

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Rule #1 She is always right.

Rule #2 If she is wrong, see rule #1.

Seriously, congrats! And there is some truth in the above... :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

JAKE--CONGRATULATIONS

Get married because you like her and not because you love her. Let GOD be the certerpiece of everything you and your spouce do and communicate on a daily basis. Tell her that you love her every day--say something nice to her every day. Marriage is a lifetime committment and that is a long, long time.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Stay strong! It's all about going 50/50! The best thing anyone told me came from the legendary downhill mountain biker James Ramsuer " It's all about give and take."

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Never do a household chore unless you want it to become your's permanantly.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post

This is about the most insightful nugget of wisdom I have seen in years.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    And, I have some lady friends that have certain chores that they feel exactly the same about - never put gas in the car or mow the yard - or it'll be yours forever.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdawg View Post
    JAKE--CONGRATULATIONS

Get married because you like her and not because you love her. Let GOD be the certerpiece of everything you and your spouce do and communicate on a daily basis. Tell her that you love her every day--say something nice to her every day. Marriage is a lifetime committment and that is a long, long time.
    i think they got that covered!!!

congratulations jake and rachel!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Find that one chore that your wife hates. Do that chore faithfully even when you think it doesn't need to be done. She'll be so appreciative that you'll have less to do overall just because you do that one thing that she hates to do.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    And, I have some lady friends that have certain chores that they feel exactly the same about - never put gas in the car or mow the yard - or it'll be yours forever.
    I didn't know you were friends with my wife! :icon_wink:

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_crazy_jake View Post
    I noticed the board has been a little dormant for a little while.

I'm getting married in 3 weeks, and I was wondering if you guys that are "experts" in this field had some useful advice. I figured I could learn alot from those of you who have experience. And with most of us being of like-mindedness (if there is such a word), I figured ya'll could give some nuggets of wisdom to help my marriage be successful.
    don't get married at 2 p.m., outside, in june, in an all-black tux. you won't enjoy it, and neither will your groomsmen!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread