+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving the Atmosphere at the Joe

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Improving the Atmosphere at the Joe

I enrolled in the fall of 2000. In my opinion, the atmosphere at the football games has vastly improved since then (pregame and the student section). I love the improvements we've made since I first stepped foot in Ruston. That's all well and good, but...

As our administration has made a commitment to improve our athletic department, I think we, as fans, should do the same. So, what are ways you believe we could improve our game-day atmosphere in Ruston. Of course, more fans would do the trick...but how? How do you think we, as fans, can do our part to make things even better?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Re: Improving the Atmosphere at the Joe

I'm anxious to see how many more fans we'll have at the games this year. I hope that having a new coach and some excitement there will generate plenty of excitement.

I'm old, so I definitely can't get use to calling it "The Joe". Whatever its called - just hope its fun to be there!

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

Johnny,
    I agree with your post and here is what I have done. I am not endorsing my position as the "right" way or not, but just as a response to your question. For years I had said I would start giving to Tech, but for some reason or another, never really gave to the capacity that I could. One thing this board has been very good at, in my opinion, is opening the eyes of fans like myself who would say they wished for the success we've seen in other mid majors, but didn't put our money where our mouth was. So, I started out with a $50 per month CHAMPS donation upon the hiring of Coach Dooley, upped it to $80 with the hiring of Coach Rupp, and bought two football season tickets. Since I live in Slidell I know I won't make all the home games so I am giving them to my in-laws on those dates with the promise that they MUST use them or pass them to someone who will. There must be two butts in those seats at every home game. It is only two more people, but it is my part at least. I even quit smoking to be able to give the extra 30 per month!!!!
    Nuke

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke Dawg View Post
    Johnny,
    I even quit smoking to be able to give the extra 30 per month!!!!
    Nuke

Now that's what you call a win/win proposition!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

For one suggestion see the "Time to reorder cowbells?" thread.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    For one suggestion see the "Time to reorder cowbells?" thread.
    got some inventory, Cliff? :icon_wink:

I proudly use mine every game. Its held up well to my abuse!

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

For starters, when Tech's defense is on the field, I would like to see everyone in JAS STANDING and making some noise.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    For starters, when Tech's defense is on the field, I would like to see everyone in JAS STANDING and making some noise.
    I agree...along with more unified cheers. I'll rag on yell leaders just like the next guy, but they're effective.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I agree...along with more unified cheers. I'll rag on yell leaders just like the next guy, but they're effective.

Just as long as they don't do this:

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Excitement builds more excitement as attendance builds more attendance. Record the scenes of the Tech faithful attending the game, etc. and link it to this site so that all can see the excitement building at the games. (Sort of a Tech exclusive YOU TUBE posted after each game!) Nothing gets the fans worked up more than seeing others fans getting serious about their school. The fans browsing this site will start to build with a meaningful result of butts in the seats!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog big_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nicebig_crazy_jake is just really nice big_crazy_jake's Avatar

I, too, have to agree that the overall excitement has improved, especially in the student section. Not so many people leave during the course of the game. I'm not too sure just what to do to improve, but I do know that winning helps alot. Winning is enough to light your fire if your wood's wet; even for the non-fan. I really feel the buzz around Ruston with the acqusition of Coach Dooley, so that, right off the bat will bring them in for the home opener. Then, in turn, when we win that first home game, more and more people come out to the games; and it gives them something to be excited about.

Of course, a new sound system, score board and a Jumbo-tron would help. My friends and I are tired of lookin at the fake, air Jumbo-tron for the replays (as if a real one were there) .

The new turf looks awesome.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

BEER

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    BEER
    Werd to Big Bird And lots of it.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    BEER

You don't bring beer?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I still say we should light up Wyly Tower Blue whenever we win just like Texas does with their clock tower. I don't think it would cost that much and it would be a sweet tradition and be nice for school spirit. I told Oakes and he gave me the standard "good idea, I'll look into it."

+ Reply to Thread