+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Parkers Chapel wins Arkansas AA Title

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Parkers Chapel wins Arkansas AA Title

Have to give a little props to my high school:

http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles...ts/sports1.txt

also, this school is about 50 miles from ruston. it wouldnt hurt to take a look at some of these kids, especially atwell.

Also, the team they played, Woodlawn, is not too far away in Pine Bluff.

Other South Arkansas teams that played for a state championship:

Nashville: http://www.nashvillenews.org/index.php/comments/4489/

Texarkana: http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...3/sports12.php

Magnolia: http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...75astatebb.txt

Horatio: http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/...falls-horatio/

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: Parkers Chapel wins Arkansas AA Title

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post

also, this school is about 50 miles from ruston. it wouldnt hurt to take a look at some of these kids, especially atwell.

Also, the team they played, Woodlawn, is not too far away in Pine Bluff.

Other South Arkansas teams that played for a state championship:

Nashville: http://www.nashvillenews.org/index.php/comments/4489/

Texarkana: http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...3/sports12.php

Magnolia: http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...75astatebb.txt

Horatio: http://www2.arkansasonline.com/news/...falls-horatio/

Atwell may be good, I don't know. But generally, Arkansas is not considered a very strong high school baseball state. That's one of the reasons we don't get many guys from there.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Atwell may be good, I don't know. But generally, Arkansas is not considered a very strong high school baseball state. That's one of the reasons we don't get many guys from there.

arkansas doesnt put out a ton of recruits in baseball, football, or basketball because of population, especially in south arkansas. there are good players in all 3 sports, but they are fewer and farther between because of numbers, which also leads to less competition and exposure.

we are the closest 1-A teams to a lot of these schools (unless you count ulm or ualr?). it would be worth our while to at least do some homework on these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post

after the 04 season, i sent a newspaper article that listed the 2004 all arkansas baseball team to coach sim. i highlighted the few players who were from south arkansas and noted that we are one of the closest d-1 schools to most of these kids. anyway, coincidence or not, two of those players ended up at tech:

# 33 Dylan Moseley Position:

Class:

Letters Earned:

Height/Weight:

Hometown:

Last School:P

So.

1L

6-5/208

Texarkana, Ark.

Arkansas HS

High School: Graduated from Arkansas High School in 2004…posted an 8-2 record with a 1.76 ERA as a senior with five home runs, 50 RBIs and a .396 batting average…drafted in the 33rd round by Cincinnati…helped lead team to the conference championship while earning all-state honors in baseball.

# 9 Adam Cobb Position:

Class:

Letters Earned:

Height/Weight:

Hometown:

Last School:OF

Jr.

2L

6-0/185

Ashdown, Ark.

Ashdown HS
    High School: Graduated from Ashdown (Ark.) High School in 2004…also played football and was an all-state quarterback and won district in 2004…helped lead Ashdown to district and regional baseball titles three years in high school…hit .481 with 20 stolen bases as a senior…was a National Honor Society member…

Getting Acquainted: Born September 5, 1985, in Texarkana, Texas…son of Mark and Toni Cobb…age, 19.

i havent sent anything about arkansas players to coach sim recently, but i will this year.

they both signed late:

moseley in june:

http://www.latechsports.com/article....06_17_08:19:37

"The right-handed pitcher was recently named to the All-Arkansas team by the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette"

and cobb in august:

http://www.latechsports.com/article....08_20_14:40:43

"The 6-0 Cobb is a left-handed hitter and was named to the All-State Tournament team as a senior. Cobb also earned a place on the All-Arkansas Team selected by the Arkansas-Democrat."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Jay, do you know who this young man's dad is?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

nope. ive been gone from parkers chapel for 11 years now. my parents still live a few blocks from the school but i hardly know anyone there anymore it seems. i dont know any of the students for sure.

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

[quote=JAY;479134]Have to give a little props to my high school:

Atwell is a pretty darn good pitcher. Choudrant beat Parker's Chapel for one of their two losses, but Atwell only pitched two innings. He was throwing 88-89 on his fastball with a pretty good breaking ball. The number two pitcher (starting SS?) also had good velocity (87-88). This team had only one senior, so they will be even stronger next year.

i looked in the eldorado phone book and found randy and leah atwell on chapel dr. that is right around the corner from my parents, so that is probably them. there was only one other atwell listed.

their coach, mark looney was hired right after i graduated in 96. he had a similar background to coach sim, he was a very, very successfull summer league coach. they also won the state title in 2002. they will be very strong next year but then, after reclassification, they will move up to 3A for 2008-2010. They passed Smackover and Junction City to become the largest school in Union County (besides El Dorado), and that was after Smackover took in Mt. Holly. We were class B in the 90s, they just added football in the last couple of years.

[quote=aggiedawg;479206]

Atwell is a pretty darn good pitcher. Choudrant beat Parker's Chapel for one of their two losses, but Atwell only pitched two innings. He was throwing 88-89 on his fastball with a pretty good breaking ball. The number two pitcher (starting SS?) also had good velocity (87-88). This team had only one senior, so they will be even stronger next year.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Speaking of Moseley, does anyone know why he didn't pitch Sunday? He has been our most consistent starter all year. Is he hurt?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Speaking of Moseley, does anyone know why he didn't pitch Sunday? He has been our most consistent starter all year. Is he hurt?
    No, he's not hurt.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

i looked in the eldorado phone book and found randy and leah atwell on chapel dr. that is right around the corner from my parents, so that is probably them. there was only one other atwell listed.
    Thanks. I was hoping that it might be Randy's son. Randy was a friend of mine many years ago when we were both at Tech. I'll have to call up there to check in on things.

Thanks. I was hoping that it might be Randy's son. Randy was a friend of mine many years ago when we were both at Tech. I'll have to call up there to check in on things.

im glad to know that his dad went to tech!

+ Reply to Thread