+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The "U" Spring Game

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

The "U" Spring Game

Any of you guys or gals see the Miami spring game replayed on CSS???

I was channel surfing the other day and came across it....my impression....for a D-1 football program that (outside of their continous player character issues) should be one of the top programs and with a new coach and a renewed focus on getting back to their winning ways...I felt the spring game was pretty sad.......they wore scout team jerseys and pants...the jerseys were were not tucked in and the t-shirts under the shoulder pads hung out past the jerseys........I know I'm picking fly poop out of pepper on this subject.....but I don't think I've ever seen a spring game where the University did not put on "game worthy" uniforms...yea some maybe old uniforms..but they still look professional and show respect to the fans that show up.......

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Re: The "U" Spring Game

Maybe the new coach is giving out the impression to his theam that they have not earned anything yet, meaning the U on the helmet or the pride of wearing a U uniform, so until they earn it they have to play in old dirty rags. IMO spring games are not for the fans, I know how dare I. The purpose of the spring game is to make sure your team can get the right sets on the field and snap the ball on the right count without screwing it up, and maybe to install some offense and defense for the younger guys.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: The "U" Spring Game

I agree, as a coach, the first thing I thought was he is trying to set a tone about working hard and earning the privelage of playing in the school colors.

As far as, spring games or even practices, being open/closed I think it is up to the coach and his/her mentality. He is paid the teams performance on the field.

+ Reply to Thread