+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RX, Good Luck this weekend

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

RX, Good Luck this weekend

If you are still around and reading this. May all your wildest dreams come true.

Rickeydad, the same to you next weekend.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: RX, Good Luck this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    If you are still around and reading this. May all your wildest dreams come true.

Rickeydad, the same to you next weekend.
    Rickeydad, I'll be volunteering at the finish line information booth next weekend. Stop by and say hi if you have any wind left.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

AL ain't ready for RX. Have a good one, bud.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Any news from RX yet?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

He finished! Sub-4!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    He finished! Sub-4!
    Awesome! Congrats man. Now you gotta start looking for Boston. :-)

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

I'm alive and well. I exceeded expectations. They goofed my chip time, but it should have been around 3:23:30. Eight and a half minutes left to trim for a Boston Qualifier.

Work has been crazy, so I wasn't able to check in to see this earlier, so I missed you AustinDawg. Sorry about that.

After I finished and grabbed my bag, I switched from my Cubs hat to my Tech hat. I was going to get it in my finisher's photo but never found the finisher's photo booth. Next year I guess.

From a runner's perspective, the weather was awesome. No sun, 38 to 40 degrees, low wind. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad
    I'm alive and well. I exceeded expectations. They goofed my chip time, but it should have been around 3:23:30. Eight and a half minutes left to trim for a Boston Qualifier.

Work has been crazy, so I wasn't able to check in to see this earlier, so I missed you AustinDawg. Sorry about that.

After I finished and grabbed my bag, I switched from my Cubs hat to my Tech hat. I was going to get it in my finisher's photo but never found the finisher's photo booth. Next year I guess.

From a runner's perspective, the weather was awesome. No sun, 38 to 40 degrees, low wind. Perfect.
    CONGRATS!! What an awesome time. I've heard the Little Rock marathon is pretty hard. To put in such a low time and almost qualify on a course like that is quite an accomplishment.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Oh, I did Freescale here in Austin. Its supposed to be fast. I'd love to try a harder course in the future. LR is on the short list for the future.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Actually we were told that the Austin course is the fastest in the world. There were 3-5 half marathoners trying for the world record Sunday.

Unfortunately I caught a cold and decided not to go out there and spend all day in the freezing rain-so we missed each other.

Did you hear about the runner who got hit by a deer?

The deer: picture 6, here: http://www.statesman.com/news/conten...hon/index.html

The Rickeydad: picture 3. Look for the Cubs hat to the left of the 3:20 pacer sign.

Good job RD! That is a PR, correct?

I saw you in the pic.

Hopefully, I can make it down there next year.

PR, yup, by about 7 minutes. I started easy, got in to marathon pace around 10K and held steady until we hit campus at 19 where i hit the gas. I was flying when we looped the capitol by 21. So I burned up what was left in the tank over what was about 3 miles. If I could have kept my cool for a few more miles instead of stepping on it, I could have done a few minutes better I think.

Still the best executed long race I've ever done.

My brother and I are considering a marathon in Dallas called "Big D Texas Marathon".

It would be his first marathon... Would you guys recommend that as a first?

The alternative is Virginia Beach... Which I've heard isn't bad.

+ Reply to Thread