+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tech at ULM wednesday

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Tech at ULM wednesday

Aub, if we had won this game, I'd give you negative points for turning this thread political. Since we got beat by the Chickenhawks, I don't really care.
    Last edited by Tech77; 05-17-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    ULM 12 Tech 9 Final

Don't know what's worse, losing to ULM or having to listen to the broadcast.:bigcry:
    Tell you what I'll be doing the game with Kyle on Friday If you want to come on up ill put you on...Dead serious, everyone thinks they can do better till they can in front of the mic.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Tell you what I'll be doing the game with Kyle on Friday If you want to come on up ill put you on...Dead serious, everyone thinks they can do better till they can in front of the mic.
    If you did as well as you did last week on the HS calls then you did well.

BTW, where were all these fans that want to see the football series renewed? I'm guessing there were only a little over 1000 in attendance and Tech had 1/3 or more of the crowd.

PT needs to wear earplugs if he plays LF on Friday. The LF fans (drunks) were ruthless, but that's baseball.

Boolah, I was looking for you to get my back. nlulm fans don't like a Tech guy in the middle of their crowd.

Champ TECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really niceTECHAJUN is just really nice TECHAJUN's Avatar

mentechsters
    The La Tech fans have been fortunate and somewhat spoiled to have Dave Nitz for 30 years on the mike...Dave can't do all the baseball cause he has another sports announcing job in baseball to pay the bills....that is not Dave's fault nor ours here at ESPN 97.7.....
    We always want the best product on the air for Tech and I have to disagree with your assesment of the announcing of the game...
    It wasn't the fluid Nitzer but Kyle and David did a very good job considering they don't have 30 years of experience like Dave....I have heard much WORSE announcing jobs from guys with MORE experience than Kyle and David...
    Some people are naturals in front of a mike...some acquire it through the years....it's not something just anyone can or WILL do...
    I do appreciate you listening and hope you continue to....Dave will not be able to do the next ULM game or the WAC tournament...we have faith in Kyle to deliver his best and in his very limited time of experience he has performed very well and will get even better..
    Ed Hebert
    ESPN 97.7

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

BTW, where were all these fans that want to see the football series renewed? I'm guessing there were only a little over 1000 in attendance and Tech had 1/3 or more of the crowd.

PT needs to wear earplugs if he plays LF on Friday. The LF fans (drunks) were ruthless, but that's baseball.

Boolah, I was looking for you to get my back. nlulm fans don't like a Tech guy in the middle of their crowd.
    Well I'll tell Nick you said he did well, wish I could take credit for that. Yea they have a unique setup where it must be difficult for all the outfielders.

BTW didnt know they played football on Wednesday, come on Madd you've lived here long enought to know its church night:icon_wink:

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Sorry, you guys all sound alike to me.

BTW didnt know they played football on Wednesday, come on Madd you've lived here long enought to know its church night:icon_wink:

I actually thought about that, but the little leaguers who didn't have games or practice should have more than made up the difference for the Baptists who didn't show. I have to say that because of little league (3 playing) this was the first game I've been able to attend a game all year. Thank goodness I chose to do that instead of listen on the radio.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I always thought that would be fun. I don't know how good I would do, but I've heard some terrible from various radio stations. Honestly, I really don't know how y'all do with games. From what I've heard, I didn't have any complaints.

Up to recently, I've been a Chi Sox fan except that I absolutely hate their announcers. There will be an absolutely great baseball game occurring and they'll be telling some side story and oh by the way mention some baseball. I hate it.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Wow, didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers. I never said I would be good at it, nor do I want to try it. I still stand by my comment that it wasn't very good though. I knew it wasn't you, as you do a great job. Maybe I have been spoiled by Dave.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHAJUN View Post
    mentechsters
    The La Tech fans have been fortunate and somewhat spoiled to have Dave Nitz for 30 years on the mike...Dave can't do all the baseball cause he has another sports announcing job in baseball to pay the bills....that is not Dave's fault nor ours here at ESPN 97.7.....
    We always want the best product on the air for Tech and I have to disagree with your assesment of the announcing of the game...
    It wasn't the fluid Nitzer but Kyle and David did a very good job considering they don't have 30 years of experience like Dave....I have heard much WORSE announcing jobs from guys with MORE experience than Kyle and David...
    Some people are naturals in front of a mike...some acquire it through the years....it's not something just anyone can or WILL do...
    I do appreciate you listening and hope you continue to....Dave will not be able to do the next ULM game or the WAC tournament...we have faith in Kyle to deliver his best and in his very limited time of experience he has performed very well and will get even better..
    Ed Hebert
    ESPN 97.7

Thanks Ed, I think ya'll do a great job. I'm sure it was tough on those guys if they didn't have much experience. And maybe I was a bit too hard on them. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Wow, didn't mean to ruffle so many feathers. I never said I would be good at it, nor do I want to try it. I still stand by my comment that it wasn't very good though. I knew it wasn't you, as you do a great job. Maybe I have been spoiled by Dave.
    It's cool bro. Sure they werent Dave but I thought they did fine. They will be doing the WAC tournament so this is a great way to get some practice in. Thanks for listening

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Didn't get to listen to the whole game but I thought the guys did alright. I also don't think Dave is as good at baseball as he is football and basketball. Love hearing him call all those but I'd rank them 1A) football 1B)basketball 2) baseball.

Bulldog bluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her game

Monty, I'll always have your back. Us country boys got to stick together. You coming Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog View Post
    Monty, I'll always have your back. Us country boys got to stick together. You coming Friday?
    No, I won't get to. We have a 6:00 game. My son has a hole in his bat and doesn't like his new nickname "ohfer". We have been working on it. Hopefully the slump ends on Friday.

Bulldog bluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her gamebluedog is on top of his/her game

No, I won't get to. We have a 6:00 game. My son has a hole in his bat and doesn't like his new nickname "ohfer". We have been working on it. Hopefully the slump ends on Friday.
    I can probably get a couple of guys to work with him if you'd like at a pretty good price(free). PM me and we'll set it up.

You're right, that mic can be very intimidating. I've called about 20-25 games in the last three years and its tough. The things I learned and was told is that you can never tell the score too many times, don't try to be too entertaining because most people just want to know the facts, make sure you have someone keeping the book correctly so you don't miss any subs or previous at bats,etc, try not to be critical of the umps(hard to do sometimes) and don't get too excited(also hard to do). Bottom line, its a tough gig. I guess what irritates me the most is when the announcer misses several pitches while they tell a story. Just the facts.

+ Reply to Thread