+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike the Tiger

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Mike the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    I remember that LSU was asking for private donations to fund this. I don't know if the entire project was privately funded, though.
    I think it was entirely through private funding. It is a very empressive enclosure. I have to stop by every time im in refinery city to see if the old fart is still living. Guess i dont have to stop by anymore.

Puppy saltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nice saltyone's Avatar

You should all be ashamed. Mike V was like a member of our family. How can someone make light of Mike's death? Show a little bit of decency. I will never understand why so many of you despise LSU so much. It is, without a doubt, the worst case of penis envy I have ever witnessed.

Puppy LSuNuma1 is an unknown

Nov 10. It's all that matters.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltyone View Post
    You should all be ashamed. Mike V was like a member of our family. How can someone make light of Mike's death? Show a little bit of decency. I will never understand why so many of you despise LSU so much. It is, without a doubt, the worst case of penis envy I have ever witnessed.
    I read the whole thread and didn't see one post making light of his death. What's this thing you have about penis's?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltyone View Post
    What a dumbassed statement. I don't know about you, but members of my family are irreplaceable. Mike V was just an animal, nothing more, nothing less, just as Champ is just a dog, nothing more, nothing less.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I think it was entirely through private funding. It is a very empressive enclosure. I have to stop by every time im in refinery city to see if the old fart is still living. Guess i dont have to stop by anymore.
    You know what's so freakin' sad about that? One major t.v. station down here has had a fund drive for about the past year trying to get a new elephant habitat at the Baton Rouge Zoo. This station wasn't even trying to raise the whole amount which isn't even a million dollars. I don't remember how much they were trying to raise, but it was a small portion of what the zoo needed. They couldn't even get the people here to give that much. I've been to the zoo twice in that time and donated each time for the new habitat.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSuNuma1 View Post
    Nov 10. It's all that matters.
    Glad to know we are such a big game on your schedule.

Puppy LSuNuma1 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    Glad to know we are such a big game on your schedule.
    You guys aren't. The LSU football team trashing LaTech is all the smack talk that is needed. LaTech fans should be better then what has been shown in this thread.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

O Lord now I've seen it all, an lsu fan telling other fans how they should act! Mike probably died from all the corndogs ya'll feed to him.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

RIP Mike

Puppy KornDawg has turned a few heads around hereKornDawg has turned a few heads around here KornDawg's Avatar

We still have CHAMP. See ya mike and meeouw!

Puppy LVTGRFN is on the way down LVTGRFN's Avatar

I don't come here to start any trouble, but rather to express my discontent in the lack of respect for one of Gods most recognized creatures. I would think that as human beings you could show a little bit of maturity and express your condolences to your fellow Louisianans. Mike was a majestic beast that symbolized the image of LSU. The rivalries can be put down for a moment to tell your neighbors you are sorry for their loss, but I guess that maybe beyond the maturity level of most of the posters on this thread. I am sorry for you that you have very little respect for such a symbol of greatness. Hopefully you never need your neighbors to express their help and concern for any loss or need you may have.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by LVTGRFN View Post
    I don't come here to start any trouble, but rather to express my discontent in the lack of respect for one of Gods most recognized creatures. I would think that as human beings you could show a little bit of maturity and express your condolences to your fellow Louisianans. Mike was a majestic beast that symbolized the image of LSU. The rivalries can be put down for a moment to tell your neighbors you are sorry for their loss, but I guess that maybe beyond the maturity level of most of the posters on this thread. I am sorry for you that you have very little respect for such a symbol of greatness. Hopefully you never need your neighbors to express their help and concern for any loss or need you may have.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    It's pretty difficult to be majestic when you're locked up in a cage that reaks of urine and feces. If you are this distraught over the loss of this tiger, you need to get psychological help. This isn't a loss. It's not like your children could cuddle up with this thing at night. It's not like it welcomed you home from work everyday. It was a freakin' animal that will be soon replaced and forgotten.

Puppy LVTGRFN is on the way down LVTGRFN's Avatar

I expected nothing less from someone with no class. It isn't as if I beleive that Mike was a pet, but rather one of Gods creatures that a little repsect should be expressed, but as I ahd stated it is probably a little to much to exoect out of someone with such little maturity such as yourself. Thank you for confirming my belief. Yes he will be replaced, but that will not deminish the level of respect that he had earned as a creature that was so recognized. IF he was just an everyday animal he wouldn't have garnered so much attention from the media. With reports of his passing headlining ESPN, MSN, and USA today, I guess the rest of the countries expression of respect is something that escapes your mental capacity.

Puppy saltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nicesaltyone is just really nice saltyone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    It's pretty difficult to be majestic when you're locked up in a cage that reaks of urine and feces. If you are this distraught over the loss of this tiger, you need to get psychological help. This isn't a loss. It's not like your children could cuddle up with this thing at night. It's not like it welcomed you home from work everyday. It was a freakin' animal that will be soon replaced and forgotten.

So explain to me why my six year old daughter cried when I finally broke down and told her he had died. Too her Mike was more than just a cat that lived in a "cage that reeked of urine and feces". Mike was her friend. Hell, I got a little choked up myself. We have had Mike V as our mascot for the past 17 years. Yes, he has grown into a part of our family. You are correct, he didn't welcome me home from work each day, but he did welcome me to back to a place I love like non-other..LSU. Mike was/is the personification of the spirit of LSU. True, there will be another Mike...but Mike V will no more be "replaced" than the other's that preceded him. Mike is as much a spirit as he is flesh and blood. The new Mike will simply pick up where Mike V left off, and continue a great tradition.

+ Reply to Thread