+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike the Tiger

Puppy kcal is on the way down kcal's Avatar

Re: Mike the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    What a dumbassed statement. I don't know about you, but members of my family are irreplaceable. Mike V was just an animal, nothing more, nothing less, just as Champ is just a dog, nothing more, nothing less.
    somehow i expected something different from a Louisiana school...to thousands and thousands of people in Louisiana and in every state in this country as well as countries around the world, Mike V was a beloved symbol of our state's flagship university. as far as wondering where the money came from to build his state-of-the-art habitat, look no further than private donations from LSU fans from around the world. Mike V symbolized the spirit and was an intergal part of the storied tradition that is LSU athletics. the comments posted in this thread reek of the juvenile and petty jealously that la tech is known for. have fun, continue to mock those that express remorse at the passing of our mascot, show the lack of dignity you've collectively become known for. show up on 11-10, collect your check and go home wonderiing just how your team could have been beated so badly. Geaux Tigers!!

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcal View Post
    somehow i expected something different from a Louisiana school...to thousands and thousands of people in Louisiana and in every state in this country as well as countries around the world, Mike V was a beloved symbol of our state's flagship university. as far as wondering where the money came from to build his state-of-the-art habitat, look no further than private donations from LSU fans from around the world. Mike V symbolized the spirit and was an intergal part of the storied tradition that is LSU athletics. the comments posted in this thread reek of the juvenile and petty jealously that la tech is known for. have fun, continue to mock those that express remorse at the passing of our mascot, show the lack of dignity you've collectively become known for. show up on 11-10, collect your check and go home wonderiing just how your team could have been beated so badly. Geaux Tigers!!
    Do you expect everyone in Louisiana to like LSU?

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

I have stood in awe of the dignity displayed by LSU fans at LSU games that I have attended. It is sad to admit, but yes, we Tech fans are woefully inept in this regard.
    Last edited by 9701Dawg; 05-20-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LVTGRFN View Post
    I expected nothing less from someone with no class. It isn't as if I beleive that Mike was a pet, but rather one of Gods creatures that a little repsect should be expressed, but as I ahd stated it is probably a little to much to exoect out of someone with such little maturity such as yourself. Thank you for confirming my belief. Yes he will be replaced, but that will not deminish the level of respect that he had earned as a creature that was so recognized. IF he was just an everyday animal he wouldn't have garnered so much attention from the media. With reports of his passing headlining ESPN, MSN, and USA today, I guess the rest of the countries expression of respect is something that escapes your mental capacity.
    Oh give me a freakin' break. If you're so respectful and loving of God's creatures then why in the hell do you support a tiger being locked in a freakin' cage that smells of urine and feces instead of his having been tried to be able to be freed into the wild when he was younger? If you don't like what you're reading, then carry your ass somewhere else. We didn't care about your tiger when he was alive. Why should we feel remorse now that he's dead?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Do you lsu fans actually think that a wild animal likes being caged and prodded with a stick? That is sick and you are the sick ones. Wild beast like tigers were not meant to be caged all their life. If you want to do something to show your love for a wild tiger, do not support putting this wild beast in a cage. You are the cruel ones for supporting putting a wild beast in a cage that he does not want to be in. Tell me, what happens if the tiger gets out of his cage on the lsu campus? Is he going to stroll up to the students and lick them on the hand? No, he's not, he's going to go looking for something to eat and it could be bad.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltyone View Post
    So explain to me why my six year old daughter cried when I finally broke down and told her he had died. Too her Mike was more than just a cat that lived in a "cage that reeked of urine and feces". Mike was her friend. Hell, I got a little choked up myself. We have had Mike V as our mascot for the past 17 years. Yes, he has grown into a part of our family. You are correct, he didn't welcome me home from work each day, but he did welcome me to back to a place I love like non-other..LSU. Mike was/is the personification of the spirit of LSU. True, there will be another Mike...but Mike V will no more be "replaced" than the other's that preceded him. Mike is as much a spirit as he is flesh and blood. The new Mike will simply pick up where Mike V left off, and continue a great tradition.
    Probably because she's six years old. Hell, I don't know of any six year old that doesn't cry when an animal dies. If Mike had become a part of your family over the past 17 years, I'm relieved. For the longest time, I thought my family held the market on dysfunction, but at least we're sane enough not to get too emotionally attached to an animal that all you can do with it is watch through iron bars and hear it roar when some drunk cheerleader pokes it with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyone
    ...but Mike V will no more be "replaced" than the other's that preceded him.
    What fond memories do you have of Mike I or Mike III that you can relate to us. I'd like to hear what special thing they did to differentiate themselves from the other Mikes. Was it the manner in which they paced around their cage that gave them their distinct places in Tiger mascot lore? Maybe Mike I paced clockwise bouncing his head left to right panting with his parched tongue hanging out the left side of his mouth whereas Mike II would pace counterclockwise then stop in mid pace and reverse his stroll but wouldn't let his tongue hang too low. Or maybe, your fond memory is like so many other idiots who found themselves sprayed with Mike's urine because they didn't know what he was about to do and didn't get away from the cage in time even though the rest of us tried warning you all what was about to happen because we had seen it thousands of times year after year.

The fact of the matter is that none of these tigers have done anything differently than the tigers before them. In fact, I'd bet you could put a picture line-up and you wouldn't be able to tell which as which. Get over it.

Puppy LSuNuma1 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Do you lsu fans actually think that a wild animal likes being caged and prodded with a stick? That is sick and you are the sick ones. Wild beast like tigers were not meant to be caged all their life. If you want to do something to show your love for a wild tiger, do not support putting this wild beast in a cage.
    If you are going to bitch, you could at least get your facts straight. The tigers are always those which are born in captivity. Captive tigers cannot be reintroduced back in the wild. The mascot LSU uses will always have to live a life of captivity anyway. They get to live in one of the top captive tiger facilities in the US and is the star project of the LSU vet school. Rumor is the next one will be part of a captive tiger breeding program.

Thousands and thousands more of people in Louisiana, this country and around the world can care less what tiger is imprisoned in a cage. All they care is that there is a tiger in there. In fact, once the new tiger is purchased and caged, you won't hear another word about this tiger that died. It's not like he'll be the talk of any tailgates next year. Get over it. And I didn't wonder where the money for his cage came from. I know exactly where it came from. The comments from this thread have nothing to do with jealousy. They're more based on incredulity that some supposed intelligent beings would place such lofty characteristics on a creature that has no bearing on their successes or failures.

Puppy KornDawg has turned a few heads around hereKornDawg has turned a few heads around here KornDawg's Avatar

Quit being scientific.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LSuNuma1 View Post
    If you are going to bitch, you could at least get your facts straight. The tigers are always those which are born in captivity. Captive tigers cannot be reintroduced back in the wild. The mascot LSU uses will always have to live a life of captivity anyway. They get to live in one of the top captive tiger facilities in the US and is the star project of the LSU vet school. Rumor is the next one will be part of a captive tiger breeding program.
    Why don't you turn him loose on campus and let him play with the students if he is so tame as you say? Turn that tiger loose in the wild and i'll guarantee you he will make it unless some so called hunter shoots him. Cats are born with a natural hunting instinct, whether they're somebody's pet housecat or a 700 pound siberian tiger. People like you that make up any kind of excuse to stick a wild animal in a cage make me sick.

Puppy KornDawg has turned a few heads around hereKornDawg has turned a few heads around here KornDawg's Avatar

Some crazy lady in Michigan has kept a moutain lion in her house.

Quote Originally Posted by LSuNuma1 View Post
    Get your facts straight. There has never been repeated efforts of trying this. There have only been several recorded cases of tigers being released back into the wild and there is one more high profile case of these of Tara the tigress being reintroduced back into India from the London zoo and there is disagreement on whether she survived or not. Some say it did, some say it didn't and some say it became a man-eater, but apparently those who let her loose didn't put into place any proper monitoring device. The scientific community is split on whether or not captive tigers can be reintroduced back in the wild. Until it's tried repeatedly and properly documented, we'll never know.

Puppy LVTGRFN is on the way down LVTGRFN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    It's pretty difficult to be majestic when you're locked up in a cage that reaks of urine and feces. If you are this distraught over the loss of this tiger, you need to get psychological help. This isn't a loss. It's not like your children could cuddle up with this thing at night. It's not like it welcomed you home from work everyday. It was a freakin' animal that will be soon replaced and forgotten.

You know what's so freakin' sad about that? One major t.v. station down here has had a fund drive for about the past year trying to get a new elephant habitat at the Baton Rouge Zoo. This station wasn't even trying to raise the whole amount which isn't even a million dollars. I don't remember how much they were trying to raise, but it was a small portion of what the zoo needed. They couldn't even get the people here to give that much. I've been to the zoo twice in that time and donated each time for the new habitat.

I guess you have 2 different sets of beliefs when it comes to animals in captivity. One that says donate to the animals at the zoo and insight PETA beliefs when if comes to a hated rival school. You might try and be consistent in you belief systems.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LVTGRFN View Post
    I expected nothing less from someone with no class. It isn't as if I beleive that Mike was a pet, but rather one of Gods creatures that a little repsect should be expressed, but as I ahd stated it is probably a little to much to exoect out of someone with such little maturity such as yourself. Thank you for confirming my belief. Yes he will be replaced, but that will not deminish the level of respect that he had earned as a creature that was so recognized. IF he was just an everyday animal he wouldn't have garnered so much attention from the media. With reports of his passing headlining ESPN, MSN, and USA today, I guess the rest of the countries expression of respect is something that escapes your mental capacity.
    Deer, Ducks, Turkeys and Squirrels are all gods creature too and they all taste great with a side of rice.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

were you as concerned with Auburn lost their eagle? Give me a break. There's enough shoulders to cry on in Baton Rouge, go find one. Tiger bait my ass, BUZZARD BAIT baby !!!!

+ Reply to Thread