+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Dallas White Rock Marathon or bust

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

2007 Dallas White Rock Marathon or bust

(Well, actually if I don't make it there I still have the 2008 Austin Marathon to run.)

So here is the thread for those wanting to run the 2007 Dallas White Rock Marathon. I can't promise I'll make it, but if I do, I want to meet you there.

I officially started several weeks ago.
    Week 1 - The road to Dallas White Rock started for me this week. I'm having to start from next to nothing so it was a short week. Just 17 miles.
    Week 2 - 4.6, 0, 5, 0, 0, 7.7, 6.2, - 23.5
    Week 3 - 5 hills, 2, 4 track, 0, 0, 8.5, 0 - 19.5
    Week 4 - 5.5 hills, 0, 4 track, 0, 0, 0, 0 - 9.5 (weekend trip to Lake Charles)
    Week 5 - 0, 0, 0, 1.5, 6.75, 0, 0 - 8.25 (weekend trip to SHV)
    Week 6 - 5.5, 4.4 triple stroller, 0, 0, 6.5 triple stroller, 1 triple stroller, 3.1, - 20.5

I'd like a BQ out of this. I'd like to get up to 45-50 mpw, but at this rate it's not going to happen. Too many trips to Louisiana, too much work, too many kids.
    Last edited by Rickeydad; 05-22-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

Re: 2007 Dallas White Rock Marathon or bust

I'm planning on running this race as well although my "official" training start won't be until mid July. I've been building my base up to a long run of 8-10 miles but just started battling Iliotial Band Syndrome. Ever had to deal with that? If so what did you do to get over it and how long did it take?

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

I had it senior year in high school. I finished high school and quit running before I got over it. I haven't had it since I started running again.

In high school, they had me ice it a lot. It didn't seem to work, so maybe don't try that.

I've googled it before and there are stretches you can do. Also, I have a foam roller that I use every now and then to work out the kinks all over the place. There is a very good stretch you can do with the foam roller that I think works very well. The first few times you use it, you want to scream. But after a few days or a week, your legs adjust. If I can remember where I got it from, I'll let you know.

I ran the Congress Avenue Mile today here in Austin. Very fun race. I pushed the triple stroller in the family, stroller, and dog heat and did well. Wearing my Tech state and T cap, I finished 2nd and "represented". The winner pushed a single and broke six. I finished in 6:05. I'll probably run long tonight unless I decide to run a 5K in the morning.

Pics - http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...d=8KcuHDRw5Y-g

In slide show, go to pic 79. I'm pushing the triple on the left side.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

RD, that's still awesome pushing a triple! I did my first long run today in a while. Time to get back in the saddle. I just got through going 10 miles and it almost killed me. Struggled to a 8:24/mile average without any rest stops. Man, you can get out of shape FAST!!!

Ran a 5K this morning with the single stroller (I have a fleet!). 21:49. I was happy with it. It's great to get out and race.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

My legs are still sore from the barathon. I guess I was running harder than I thought. The beer must have dulled the pain.

Next year I need to figure out how to down a beer while breathing heavy. That really slowed me down.

How much beer do you have to down at each stop?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

one beer. I had seven total and I have no tolerance for alcohol these days.

rd, have you ran the WR? It is a really good race. Good luck with the BQ. Now that you have made your intentions public, the pressure is on! That is the best way to reach that goal.

eagle, I like to get a massage when my flares up which happens from time to time. Find a massuese that doesn't mind rubbing your butt. That butt muscle back there can get tight and put pressure on the IT band. Just find a good butt massuese and you will be okay.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

DB, you up for a marathon? I know you broke 4hr last time. What kind of goal will you have this time?

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

Thanks for the input guys. Between the rest and stretching it seems to be getting better but I'm not pushing anything yet. I just want this to pass so I can run the 5K at the Peach Festival in a few weeks.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I hope this doesn't happen to any of you guys...

http://www.fox5vegas.com/sports/13356124/detail.html

Personally, I don't understand this "contraversy". If someone doesn't have enought sense to run on the track, then their time should not count, but that's just me.

I actually had this happen to me. Was running a 10 mile trail run at Lake Claiborne and the flags in the trails got all messed up. There was a pair of 60 year old women that I passed 3 times and they finished before me! I wound up coming out on a trail in the middle of nowhere and found a paved road back to where I was supposed to enter the trail. I think I finished in 1 hour and 40 minutes!

If I do any marathon this year, it will be Memphis. I would like to raise money for the kids like you accomplished.

I got lost in heavy fog running a 10K once. The sad part about it was I had to stop and ask 2 different people how to get back to the Gilmer HS. Neither one knew even though they lived less than a half mile from the school! I was lost with a guy who used to live in Gilmer and he didn't even know. Gilmer is the size of Dubach and is home to the lowest average IQ population in Texas. I am quite certain that is a fact.

At last week's barathon, it was find the best route. I lost sight of who I was following through Audubon Park, but somehow found my way out of there.

+ Reply to Thread