+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Dallas White Rock Marathon or bust

Puppy ShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the ears ShadowDog's Avatar

Re: 2007 Dallas White Rock Marathon or bust

Man, I didn't know we had so many runners of LaTech stock. I know there wasn't too many back in my days in Ruston, unless you count making a run to Rabb's Drive-Thru Spirits, but I don't think that counts.

I'm currently on a decently tough half-marathon training routine that has me running around 37-40 miles a week, with long runs on Saturday, and Sundays as days off. My 12 miler today had me coming in with a 6:10ish/mile pace. I was pretty happy, since today was the first day in a long while that it was actually sub-95 here.

I'd like to train for a marathon, but due to my current work schedule, and it being so dag gum hot over here in Iraq, it'll have to wait for when I get home. Just another reason to dream of home...
    Last edited by ShadowDog; 08-11-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Shadow, welcome to the board, and I think that i speak for all of us in saying thank you for your service to our country and make sure that you make it back safely. Then we can worry about training for a marathon here.

Puppy ShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the ears ShadowDog's Avatar

Thanks for the welcome and kind words Doc. They're appreciated.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Shadow, you have my deepest respect for serving.

And I want to make note of this:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDog View Post
    My 12 miler today had me coming in with a 6:10ish/mile pace.
    That is smoking! And in that heat, awesome!

Keep up the good work, be safe, get home soon.

RD, thanks for the compliment, your schedule isn't to shabby either, especially with the hills and heat in Austin.. If I were down there, I'd be too tempted by Kerbey Lane's delicions pancakes to run as much.

How many alums are in the Austin area that you know of by the way, I live just north of Georgetown and have always wondered?

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

I know of a handful but with work and kids I haven't met up with them yet. And I've missed the last two alumni events (that I've known of). One of these days.

Hopefully I can catch you at a race or the Brushy Creek Trail when you make it back.

Got 15 miles in last night. It was 88 degrees at 10:30 PM. Phew!

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

RD, what game are you coming in for this year? I was thinking we could get a group together and do an early morning run! Let me know! And no DFM, Clyde, Dirty, etc. I am not talking about a beer run to the Keg in Gtown!

Bust. Injured my calf.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad View Post
    Bust. Injured my calf.
    Aw bro, that's no good at all, what happened, and how long are you out for? Back in the fall of '05 I jacked my ankle really good and couldn't run for almost a solid month, it was brutal. I spent way too much time on the stationary bike for that injury...

Haven't ran for 10 days. My calf is still feeling like it wants to cramp. I can't pinpoint it, but I need to start using the stick on it or something and maybe get it massaged out.

On to plan B - Austin in February.

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

I'm no where near your pace so take this for what it's worth, but I had something similiar hit me a couple of weeks before White Rock last year. I took it really easy for the last 2 weeks or training and basically shut down my runs if it started feeling tight...like you said just about to cramp. Race day it felt pretty good but about mile 7 it just seized up on me. I figured I'd put 4 months training in so I'd just go till I couldn't walk. After about 3/4 of a mile it loosened up and I never felt it again. I have no idea what it was and why I haven't felt it since but it just disappeared. Hope yours gets better soon. I'll be in Austin next week so if you see some fat white guy lumbering around town lake looking like he's about to pass out say hello!

- The lake is now named Lady Bird Lake, or something silly like that. It just doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
    - After 10 days off, I'm running again, but just 2 miles a day. I'm regrouping and all hope is not lost for White Rock.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad View Post
    - The lake is now named Lady Bird Lake, or something silly like that. It just doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
    - After 10 days off, I'm running again, but just 2 miles a day. I'm regrouping and all hope is not lost for White Rock.
    They changed the name of White Rock lake to Lady Bird Lake? Are you serious?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

nevermind. You are talking about Town Lake in Austin.

Varsity Bulldog CorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her gameCorinthEagle is on top of his/her game

Any of you guys still planning on running the Rock this weekend? Supposed to be a high in the mid 70's. Nice Dec huh?

+ Reply to Thread