+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stadium in Hawaii gets state $$$$$$

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Stadium in Hawaii gets state $$$$$$

I guess this sort of thing could only happen in Hawaii.......
    Governor Lingle Releases $2 Million For Les Murakami Stadium Refurbishment

Release Date: 05/17/07

HONOLULU - Governor Lingle has released $2,000,000 to replace the artificial turf and seats at the Les Murakami Baseball Stadium located at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa.

The 23-year-old stadium, known as "the house that Les built," was renamed the Les Murakami Stadium in 2002 in honor of the school's first Division I, full-time, head baseball coach. Murakami, who took over in 1971, spent 31 years leading the baseball program, building it to a national power in less than 10 years.
    "UH baseball is important to the athletics program and to the people of Hawai`i," said Governor Lingle. "The upgrades to the stadium are needed to meet safety codes as well as to provide an improved venue for players, families and the community to enjoy."
    "We are certainly appreciative of Governor Lingle and the legislators who assisted the university in securing this funding," said Athletics Director Herman Frazier. "This is a perfect example of a state, university and athletics department partnership. These funds will benefit our student-athletes and fans. They are a positive step toward facility upgrades at the University of Hawai`i at Manoa."
    "We're pleased to have the support of Governor Lingle for improving our athletics facilities, as well as the rest of our Manoa campus," added Interim Chancellor Denise Konan. "These funds will support our master planning efforts to upgrade our athletics facilities. Our many priority projects recognize the need for developing students, academically and athletically, in a safe and attractive environment." The stadium seats 4,312. The design phase has been initiated and construction is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2008 baseball season.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Re: Stadium in Hawaii gets state $$$$$$

Let's see and do some math on this. Hawaii wanting to host baseball tournament 2009 with condition from WAC behind closed doors to improve field surface, etc. So if at least 1,500 fans (maybe a few more) travel to Hawaii for baseball tournament at average cost of $2,400 each for all expenses, that would come to $3.6 MM. Yep, I can see governor approving that rather quickly.

Anyone think governor of Louisiana thinks that way?.....didn't think so.

+ Reply to Thread