+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Techster softball

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Lady Techster softball

Weren't the Lady Techsters good at softball in the early 80's. Why is there not more emphasize placed on this program. I am watching all the games on TV and don't understand why ULL and LSU can develope a good team but we can't

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Lady Techster softball

Yes, they were pretty good when Stacy Johnson was pitcher there in the 80's. I don't know why we can't put a good team on the field. I guess because as with other sports it is not a priority.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I think with all the money thrown at mens sports these days there is only room for one good women's team. And we all know what that one is

Bulldog RockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around hereRockNRoll Warrior has turned a few heads around here RockNRoll Warrior's Avatar

Yes, the emphasis is on woman's basketball. If you are another female sport, fuggitaboutit.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Title IX enforcement will ensure that our women's funding is more equitable (meaning that the Techsters will have to share some of that financial love they've been benefiting from) in the future...if it's not, we could be looking at some NCAA sanctions.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

You can't blame it all on money. My wife played in the 90's and we were good then without a lot of money. We made the NCAA tournament several times and lost one year to the eventual NCs Washington ( I think) 1-0. We were also ranked in the top 25 several years. More funding will help, but we have to have better players. I am not bashing Dawson but she is running out of time. I am rooting for her and hope we can build on a better season this year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    You can't blame it all on money. My wife played in the 90's and we were good then without a lot of money. We made the NCAA tournament several times and lost one year to the eventual NCs Washington ( I think) 1-0. We were also ranked in the top 25 several years. More funding will help, but we have to have better players. I am not bashing Dawson but she is running out of time. I am rooting for her and hope we can build on a better season this year.
    The game has changed a lot since the 90's. The BCS big boys now have to spend equitably on their teams. Title IX changed the whole game.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

This is true, but I know for a fact that we won in the 90's with a lot of local girls (West Monore, east Texas, and South La.) that the big schools weren't after. This talent is still out there, only they are going to ULL and other local schools. Coach Galloway was excellent at evaluating and developing talent, so far I haven't seen that from Dawson. I do think she can. And I am not saying we can win the NC, I just think we can still be competitive.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post

regardless of how some people feel, they had a REAL coach in the 80's and 90's. Who is your wife? My wife was an assistant at the time they made the last regional down in lafayette.

Puppy tech fan is an unknown

The team has talent. They could have won a lot more games this year with just some decent coaching. They need a coach. Dawson has been here 5 years and hasn't done anything. 16 players have quit since she has been coach. You've got to learn the game to be a good coach. Just because you played and were an All-American does not guarantee that you will be a good coach. In addition to knowing the game, you've got to be a good teacher, leader, communicator, organizer, motivator, counselor, disciplinarian, tactician, strategist.... She has none of the qualities!!

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    regardless of how some people feel, they had a REAL coach in the 80's and 90's. Who is your wife? My wife was an assistant at the time they made the last regional down in lafayette.
    Angie Beleele, now Angie Kiihnl. She played from 94-98 then was a graduate assistant in '99.

Puppy scballer07 is on the way down scballer07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech fan View Post
    The team has talent. They could have won a lot more games this year with just some decent coaching. They need a coach. Dawson has been here 5 years and hasn't done anything. 16 players have quit since she has been coach. You've got to learn the game to be a good coach. Just because you played and were an All-American does not guarantee that you will be a good coach. In addition to knowing the game, you've got to be a good teacher, leader, communicator, organizer, motivator, counselor, disciplinarian, tactician, strategist.... She has none of the qualities!!

thank god someone else sees this besides just me. she is honestly the WORST coach i have ever seen in my life. a good player doesnt = a good coach. from what i have heard from players she treats them like crap as well. its no wonder so many girls have quit.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

GORILLA-BOT:

A new addition to the Softballer coaching staff will be recent alumni Amber Miles, who is known for being one of the fastest softballers alive.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    GORILLA-BOT:

A new addition to the Softballer coaching staff will be recent alumni Amber Miles, who is known for being one of the fastest softballers alive.
    it's not official yet, but that's the word i'm hearing, too. amber was a great player who's very bright and knows the game. she'll be a great addition to the coaching staff.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    it's not official yet, but that's the word i'm hearing, too. amber was a great player who's very bright and knows the game. she'll be a great addition to the coaching staff.
    She is the new assistant. Dawson has 2 assistants now with Shelli and Amber. Finally, the softball program has two full time assistant coaches.

+ Reply to Thread