+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lady Techster softball

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Lady Techster softball

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    I'm hearing that Bryan Beck is being considered for an assistant's job in softball for next year. Has anyone else heard this?

i thought you were gonna come back and turn the program around? according to you, back is too busy to worry about softball.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    I think the softballers need to date the Physics majors at Tech. someone who will tell them in order for the softball to leave the plate, a force of the bat is needed. the games I watched last year makes me think we led the country in 3rd strike looking strike outs. there were some games we could of went to the plate without a bat because all the player did was stand long enough for strike out. Need someone to be aggressive with the bat.
    Too bad that's not a kept stat.

Things will hopefully look up for the softball program. They were ranked 22 in the nation in double plays (100 teams are ranked), Emma Barnes was ranked 77 in the nation in stolen bases (100 players are ranked), and Krissi Oliver was ranked 98 in the nation in victories (100 players are ranked). Hopefully, next season will bring more nationally ranked players and stats.

Puppy techex05 is an unknown techex05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    I'm hearing that Bryan Beck is being considered for an assistant's job in softball for next year. Has anyone else heard this?
    not that i have heard of but at this point in the program....i don't think anyone could do worse than what sarah dawson has done. she took the low point that the program was at, and buried it 10 feet under. she's a disgrace to softball coaches everywhere.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by techex05 View Post
    not that i have heard of but at this point in the program....i don't think anyone could do worse than what sarah dawson has done. she took the low point that the program was at, and buried it 10 feet under. she's a disgrace to softball coaches everywhere.
    Oh not only do you hate Amber Miles, but you hate Sarah Dawson too.

Puppy hilltopper is on the way down

Well,
    it sounds like sour grapes, from a former player?
    1st LA Tech is lucky to have Miles on board. She was told that this place LA TECH is just a get your foot in the door place, then move on from our AD's. Who tells a coach that? So Give her a few years. She will do great things at Tech.
    2nd Tech is in desperate NEED to Fire & Hire a new AD and Administartion. Then we can go on to Softball, not to mention other sports, to make changes that you feel need to be made.

So let amber be. Who cares if her relationionship with someone was an issue in bringing her back. Lets just be glad that she is back.
    Take care of the 2nd thing and you should have your WISH for a new HC?????
    I personally think anyone coaching a female sport at LA TECH other than Basketball is going to take a back seat.....way back. I am supprised Dawson is still putting up with Tech, and has not looked else where.

Puppy tech fan is an unknown

Dawson probably has looked elsewhere, but who would hire her with the record she has at La Tech.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Saw the Techsters play three games at Centenary this weekend. Three new freshmen pitchers looked good. Lack of depth at pitcher has been one of our weak points for several years so I'm hopeful these ladies will help us out. Total of eight new freshmen on the team this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by tech fan View Post
    Dawson probably has looked elsewhere, but who would hire her with the record she has at La Tech.
    You would be surprised. A lot of schools don't really care about softball so they hire whoever.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

The team has a game tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4pm vs. Bossier CC at Lady Techster Field for those who would rather support than criticize.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    The team has a game tomorrow (Wednesday) at 4pm vs. Bossier CC at Lady Techster Field for those who would rather support than criticize.
    I do wish I could be there. These are scrimmage games though.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I do wish I could be there. These are scrimmage games though.
    I go to the fall games to see what the new talent is like. They also have a tournament Saturday plus an alumni game but I haven't seen the times announced yet. There were a good number of supporters at the Centenary tournament cheering on the Techsters.

Bulldog BigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around here BigDawgBacker's Avatar

The softball team should have finished somewhere around 3rd, 4th or 5th in the WAC last year. The new recruits have definately added to the talent pool for this year.

If the right players are on the field and coaching continues all year this team has the ability to suprise a lot of peope.

Coaches must be able to teach the fundamentals of the game and when they can't you see a strong start at the beginning of the season with a falling off in the back half of the season.

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawgBacker View Post
    The softball team should have finished somewhere around 3rd, 4th or 5th in the WAC last year. The new recruits have definately added to the talent pool for this year.

If the right players are on the field and coaching continues all year this team has the ability to suprise a lot of peope.

Coaches must be able to teach the fundamentals of the game and when they can't you see a strong start at the beginning of the season with a falling off in the back half of the season.
    I think it is just the opposite, if you do not teach fundamentals you would not start off well and possibly improve by the end of the season with added playing experience.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Puppy BRSC is on the way down

A 1-0 win over BPCC. Is that a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BRSC View Post
    A 1-0 win over BPCC. Is that a good thing?
    It is not uncommon for D-I schools to win 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, etc against juco's in the fall. D-I schools try to play ALL their players and some returners are playing in positions they normally would not play. The fall season is when coaches evaluate their players and prepare them for the spring. I cannot speak for the BPCC game, but a lot of college coaches change pitcher's frequently during fall ball games. They might start their number 1 for 2 innings, number 2 for 2 innings and so forth. I have seen infielders play in the outfield in the fall just to give a freshman the opportunity to play in the infield. So fall games can be used to judge the how the team will shape up in the spring, however, there are so many different factors to weigh because fall ball is totally different than spring. It is all just a preparation for the spring. Juco's also are trying to get these D-I coaches to look at them because they have nothing to lose.

Plus you have to think that after fall is over, the players have individual workouts, conditioning, and weightlifting to get better as well. It's way to hard to judge teams in the fall.

+ Reply to Thread