+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pirates

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Pirates

Both Star Wars specials were very good last night. The Star Wars Tech, that came on before the history revealed was really good. Not quite as good as "How William Shattner changed the world", but they were both great. The best part of the commentary on history revealed was Kevin Smith.

Pirates- was it as good as the first one, to me no, it was good though and I am glad they didn't give it the normal cookie cutter hollywood ending.

Spiderman- sucked, but that's just my opinion.

Bourne is the one I am waiting for this summer, while my wife pines for Harry Pothead , uh I mean Potter.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Watched a thing on the History Channel last nite concerning Star Wars and its effect on the world 30 years later -

It's ties to religion, the Greek tragdies, etc....

Very well done -

People will still be talking about Star Wars and its affect 100 years from now - I doubt they will be talking about Pirates 20 years from now - unless its in the same vein as "Rocky Horror Picture Show..."

I cant even talk to you anymore.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I cant even talk to you anymore.
    Well, he IS right.

Not even Lord of the Rings gets much play anymore, and that was only 5 years ago, and much, much bigger than Pirates.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

One more thing to consider -

"Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum....." doesn't have the same effect as "Let's do the TIME WARP again...."

That really shows where Pirates will shake out 20 years from now....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

So somewhere in between time warping transexuals from Transalvania and Darth Vader is Pirates?

Seen Rocky Horror-Interesting
    Have all the Star Wars-Original 3 great other 3 ok

Lord of the Rings- Liked all 3

Pirates- Loved them all

Do however understand where you are coming from.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Jay and I are to be there 8pm Thursday
    well, we missed it last thursday, we are going to shreveport this thursday, maybe we can see it some time next week?

by the sound of things, maybe we will want to skip it!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Well, he IS right.

Not even Lord of the Rings gets much play anymore, and that was only 5 years ago, and much, much bigger than Pirates.

im thinking about ordering the animated lord of the rings from the 70s off amazon as well as the return of the king (there was no 2 towers) and the hobbit, which is a prequel.

supposedly they are going to come out with the hobbit in 09 but apparantly peter jackson wont be doing it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit_%282009_film%29

[quote=JAY;482764]well, we missed it last thursday, we are going to shreveport this thursday, maybe we can see it some time next week?

Dont skip just go to a matinee. Long but good movie

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    im thinking about ordering the animated lord of the rings from the 70s off amazon as well as the return of the king (there was no 2 towers) and the hobbit, which is a prequel.

supposedly they are going to come out with the hobbit in 09 but apparantly peter jackson wont be doing it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit_%282009_film%29
    Have you seen the animated one and like it? Just asking because I remember watching it in college and thinking that it was really awful. If you haven't seen it, the local Blockbuster usually has it in the kids section. Your mileage may vary of course.

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

HAHA... We went and saw it without seeing 1 & 2... I figured there would be some things that I was out of the loop on but that over all I could stillt ake something from it and enjoy the movie... NOPE... 3 hours and 15 dollars later.... no idea WHAT in the world that movie was about... and WHAT was going on... maybe we will try watching the first to and rent three again someday on DVD... lol..

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linds_Marie View Post
    HAHA... We went and saw it without seeing 1 & 2... I figured there would be some things that I was out of the loop on but that over all I could stillt ake something from it and enjoy the movie... NOPE... 3 hours and 15 dollars later.... no idea WHAT in the world that movie was about... and WHAT was going on... maybe we will try watching the first to and rent three again someday on DVD... lol..
    "we" meaning ME.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Have you seen the animated one and like it? Just asking because I remember watching it in college and thinking that it was really awful. If you haven't seen it, the local Blockbuster usually has it in the kids section. Your mileage may vary of course.

i thought it might be something fun to watch with my kids that doesnt involve a purple dinosaur. i also wanted to see the hobbit to get the background on LOTR.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Read the book -

Its a very enjoyable read and really sits the table for the LOTR....

BTW - went and saw Pirates III last nite and it was HORRIBLE....

So I take back the fact that I said in 20 years it will just have a cult following like ROCKY HORROR - it will be LONG FORGOTTEN in 20 years....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    BTW - went and saw Pirates III last nite and it was HORRIBLE....

So I take back the fact that I said in 20 years it will just have a cult following like ROCKY HORROR - it will be LONG FORGOTTEN in 20 years....

Just got back from seeing it, and while I won't say it was horrible, I will agree wholeheartedly that it's forgettable.

+ Reply to Thread