+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pirates

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Pirates

I think the secret to making something big like Star Wars is to create an entire universe. Star Wars was able to branch out into a billion little different stories and created spin off characters and other lives and histories that all kinds of people engaged. Lord of the Rings was able to do the same thing, though perhaps more at the cult level. Each character you meet has a history that people make real to themselves.

Pirates has that potential, but to a more limited extent. Certainly books could be written about the adventures of Jack Sparrow as well as the histories of the pirates and the pirate council. I wouldn't count out Pirates just yet as being an impact story. They've got the funding of Disney mixed with lots of openings for more to the story.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    BTW - went and saw Pirates III last nite and it was HORRIBLE....

So I take back the fact that I said in 20 years it will just have a cult following like ROCKY HORROR - it will be LONG FORGOTTEN in 20 years....
    I enjoyed it BUT, there was about 45 minutes of b.s. they could have cut out and made it better.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    BTW - went and saw Pirates III last nite and it was HORRIBLE....

So I take back the fact that I said in 20 years it will just have a cult following like ROCKY HORROR - it will be LONG FORGOTTEN in 20 years....

Could not disagree with you more, but to each their own.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I wonder how many people that have seen pirates stayed through the credits...

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

i stayed. only because my mom told me about it.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

there is an easter egg...if you want to call it that...at the end of all three movies.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    I wonder how many people that have seen pirates stayed through the credits...
    We had a group of 4. 2 left about 1/2 way through bored out of their minds. We stayed but left during the credits. What did we miss?

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I knew there was something after the credits, but after nearly 3 hours, wasn't willing to wait for it -- hadn't thought the movie was so compelling I couldn't miss it.

Saw Oceans 13 last night. Better than 12 by a long shot, still not as good as 11. Sometimes I think they're trying way too hard to be clever. But it does have it's moments.

Puppy KornDawg has turned a few heads around hereKornDawg has turned a few heads around here KornDawg's Avatar

I saw revange of the sith at midnight I had to go to school the next Morning.

+ Reply to Thread